corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
29th Jan 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the window , its looking well mate! Still not overly keen on the bumper but I think I might like it more when you lower it more and get that plate off. Apart from that it looks boss
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what im leaning towards Thanks though Jamie
Hoopefully like you say lower, no plate and possibly painted up arch's & bumper tops i could change your opinion on the bumper aha

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went and met up with James (jameswalshe1990 on here) today, and came home with this:

I had previously had one fitted to my old 5door, i sold the bumper when i scrapped the car but looking back on pics i wish i'd never have gotten rid of the bloody thing

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
M Sutton

4th Feb 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice! Always liked that rear bumper
Danny W
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mark, i know lol i have no idea why i sold the last one .. what a twat

[Edited on 04-02-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah! Looked awesome with one before!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet!

Nice purchase Dan,will complete the rear and what happened to your old one? Did someone have it of here? Can't remember.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SeanXE had it iirc?

Danny W
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl & Dan yeah Sean had it, think he sold it on though in the end iirc

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Christopher

4th Feb 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will look beast danny
jameswalshe1990

4th Feb 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bumper there fella was good to meet you, defo give you a call when my cars sorted and have a lil meet
Damon.c

17th Feb 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going for the old bumper then dan. good shout always worked well on the old car

Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers Chris

James, good to meet ya too buddy. Yes will be great to see your car out this year

Damon, yeah going for the airdam again lol think i hated the last one as it looked crap with the skinny wheels etc. much prefer it with wider wheels to fill the arches.

Update: MOT booked for today, went for a drive to make sure everything was as it should be .. epic MOT fail number 2 the nearside driveshaft decides to pop out, i've tried tapping it back in, checked the circlip on the end, all looks fine and nothing is chewed up in the diff or on the shaft.

Im thinking the driveshaft is littereally a few mm too shart so that when its underload round corners its enough to pop it out, it only pops out 20 -50mm

[Edited on 19-02-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jon_C
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got nova shafts have ya. That happened when I fitted my engine in my old corsa
Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Not got nova shafts have ya. That happened when I fitted my engine in my old corsa

this could be possible offside (long) shaft is perfect, its the nearside (short) thats causing the issue. All looks fine bolted up on the driveway, only pops out underload when cornering.

Shame but this is the first time the cars been driven properly

is there any real way of telling the difference between a nova conversion shaft & a corsa one? .. appart from the shaft popping out

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell Dan,that's all we need.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they both come off the same corsa and was that working fine with them?

If you bought them from someone who has used them I'd say give them a good hitting to get it to clip in to place, mine popped out about that much but after finding the problem we checked everything was fine and gave it a bit more of a tap

I'd like to add we've had no issues to do with that since

[Edited on 18-02-2012 by Darryl H]

Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Bloody hell Dan,that's all we need.

Haha you couldnt make this shit up lol

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Did they both come off the same corsa and was that working fine with them?

If you bought them from someone who has used them I'd say give them a good hitting to get it to clip in to place, mine popped out about that much but after finding the problem we checked everything was fine and gave it a bit more of a tap

I'd like to add we've had no issues to do with that since

Darryl, they both came from the same seller 'apparently' had been used fine but no proof to go by, all in great condition though and nothings worn.

i've given it a good whack in as far as it'll go it seems to clip in as you cant just pull it back out. its been fine so far moving the car about on the drive but when you actually drive it it'll pull out underload while turning.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh bugger, another thing worth a try is taking the end of the shaft back out and open up the circlip a little bit more

Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i've tried that but still the same issue, unfortunately.

lol i reckon as mentioned it could be a nova one, as to me it just seems like its literally milimeters short. odd why the offside (long) one is fine though

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul_JC

18th Feb 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not good danny, just when things are looking up.
I went burtons yesterday and they had a good ammount of vaux's in the yard so if you needed another shaft from a car they might be worth a shout
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah that sucks! Are you using 1.6 shafts? if so it might be worth trotting down to a local scrap yard and getting another shaft and swapping the inner cv's

EDIT: what paul said

[Edited on 18-02-2012 by Darryl H]

Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, i know man what a bugger
ah cool i may well venture over and have a mooch about burtons

Darryl, as far as im aware big block bubs and conversion shafts to fit the F28 box

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul_JC

18th Feb 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you manage to get it sorted mate, i can imagine its starting to really wind you up now...well i know it would be if it was me.

Danny W
Premium Member

18th Feb 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
hope you manage to get it sorted mate, i can imagine its starting to really wind you up now...well i know it would be if it was me.

yeah its a bit annoying lol but im finding it funny more than anything. Just my luck eh although car was fun to drive till i relised the shaft had popped out

I'll have a look about for another shaft set up

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door 24 database queries in 0.0231531 seconds