corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Feb 12 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, might be a bit more of a pain to sort then, good luck!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
dan-sport

18th Feb 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan ive got the offside (long one) motor sport shaft in my garage mint condition £20 if you want it got one cv joint on it too
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Not got nova shafts have ya. That happened when I fitted my engine in my old corsa

this could be possible nearside shaft is perfect, its the offside thats causing the issue. All looks fine bolted up on the driveway, only pops out underload when cornering.

Shame but this is the first time the cars been driven properly

is there any real way of telling the difference between a nova conversion shaft & a corsa one? .. appart from the shaft popping out

Have you got the washer in mate?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-sport
Dan ive got the offside (long one) motor sport shaft in my garage mint condition £20 if you want it got one cv joint on it too

Hey Dan, thanks for the reply. It's the short one I'd need though

Phil, u2u'd

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been asked to measure my driveshaft to double check the sizing with shafts other people are using (bigron)

heres the culprit:

End to End it measures 575mm

From mounting face gearbox end to mounting face hub end: 410mm

And here no damage or wear & tear, circlip is fitted

[Edited on 19-02-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just speaking to Mike on migweb, soo confusing to try explain things over the phone & internet lol but hope this makes sense seems the likely explanation

quote:
Originally posted by mikesmith181with the inner joint fully stretched its 20.25 inches up to the abs ring which is in your second picture at 405 mm hope that helps you.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
thanks for the measurement mike, i measured from the mounting face of the joint (gearbox) upto the abs ring (hub) in the second picture to give me 405mm/16 inch
Like so http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9482/driveshaft_measurement_3.JPG .. this seems miles out aha

So I've just gone and re measured:

from the very end of the inputshaft? (gearbox) upto the abs ring (hub) : 19.25 inches or thereabouts

Is this the same way that you measured yours? if so that makes more sense to me & that the shaft is an inch short

Edit, Turns out above is correct, the shaft is an inch shorter.
will order a Corsa shaft this week, have it all back together and booked in for an MOT in 2 weeks time .. 3rd time lucky

[Edited on 19-02-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
M Sutton

19th Feb 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youll get there in the end dude! Will be worth it
Paul_JC

19th Feb 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah mate thats just annoying, hope you get it done and dusted for the next MOT...atleast it will be in time for Ace Cafe
Danny W
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aha Paul I know, what a pain. Never noticed a problem with it in the past but I've never been able to drive it properly lol such a small difference but enough to pop it out underload.
That's now the aim would be great to drive to the Ace Cafe

Mark, I haven't given up lol it will be on the road soon

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

Last week my new shaft from LMF arrived, so built it up with the inner & outer CVs although i had to go buy a new outter cv due to braking the other one. Fitted it and took the car out, drove perfect and the shaft stays in the box Result

If anyone needs a nearside short conversion shaft for a nova they can have the one i took off

also while messing about with the car i painted up the cam cover in a ford colour, quite like the look of this and prefer it to the ford graphite on the let engine i took out.

In other news the cars gone away for MOT on monday, while its there i'm having a few bits sorted and hopefully get the rear bumper in paint, after that its on the rolling road to dial in the vernier's & xe inlet cam

Rear end is high in the above photo's as its on -30mm eibach springs at the mo while my brother uses my Gaz rear coilovers .. long story

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
carl roper

3rd Mar 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to see its finally up and running and you havn't given in like some people would have, cant wait to see this at the shows this year your old 5 door was
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint Dan!!

It's come along way this and looks perfect now,so glad you sorted shaft out and now runs ok. Just hope MOT mans friendly enough.

Good work mate.

[Edited on 03-03-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Danny W
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Carl i'd spent too much just to give up after the first engine failure, it was just a case of taking my time and not letting it stress me out too much lol but yeah it'll be at shows this year.

Cheers Dan, glad you think its looking good hopefully a few small changes to teh bodywork throughout the year but this its what is going to look like yeah i've a feeling i'll need a CAT putting in the exhaust system but thats no biggie, i'll get a sports one ordered soon. Just need to know if everything else is road worthy really. Aiming for the MK meet for it being on the road.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
bigron1988

3rd Mar 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine bay looks good pal
BeetleGav

3rd Mar 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this. but i dont like the cc splitter anymore. looks like its has a bruce forsyth chin or something haha
M Sutton

3rd Mar 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome mate. Atleast once the MOT has been done you can get it looking how u want it!
Darryl H
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work Danny!! glad it's running now! Looking forward to seeing it at mk

Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How'd the MOT go buddy?

Christopher

6th Mar 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this danny! good to see it coming back together! Mind if i try your wheels on to see if they suit my car?
Danny W
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replies

Was in for MOT and I've a few things to sort before it passes, brakes need sorting as there is excessive travel on the foot brake, I've bled them but after the car has stood they go spongey again will swap with another servo/master cylinder so no real hassle there.

Emissions were way off due to no CAT bearing in mind it's a late type LET I'd deffo need to sort one, currently pricing up a 200 cell sport cat

Also will have to swap headlights for standards & tyres were advisory.

Can't do much on the car this week due to work and other commitments, but will crack on rectifying the failures in a fortnight and go from there very pleased with it though and was great to drive there and back, don't half get some surprised faces from people hehe

Cheers chris, yeah sure you'll be at the mk meet yeah? Wouldn't take long to swap a wheel over

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's not too bad then! Mine doesn't need a cat but im not sure if it would pass without one any way

Christopher

7th Mar 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O Really? Would actually really appreciate it?! Erm dont think im going mk as i work on weekends and not happy with how the car is at the moment!
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris throw a sicky and come, your car looks great

Danny W
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl, not too bad considering yeah I know the very early ones were fine and a lot of people try to get away without one but I can't be bothered with the hassle lol and I'm pretty sure the 'C' in c20let means cat so I couldn't blag it lol. A sports cat will do or If it came to it I'd just put a standard from a calibra in the system

Chris, bugger would be great if you did make it. Sure yeah no harm in testing a wheel on your car

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was wrong with your lights?

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door 24 database queries in 0.0213459 seconds