corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh point to make to blow peoples minds to fuck.....

having no mot or tax on a car and on your way to an mot station to get an mot. sure they MAY let you off. but you still dont have tax, and have no excuse for tax. same thing then is it? not got tax shouldnt be allowed on the road yawn.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
this is about tax not insurance....

If you have no tax your insurance is invalid (unless booked in for an MOT locally) so it's about both TBH.

No, it's not. It's about no tax.

Yes it is. Read your documents, the same applies to the MOT. It's therefore about both.

like i said before. if you have insurance on a car, but have no tax or mot, your insurance IS NOT VOID if you crash. you will be covered for any damage done to anyone elses cars or property etc. just not your own car etc etc.

perhaps you should read the document also.
Tommy L

6th Jul 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I agree with Colin. It doesn't take weeks to tax a car. There are ways of doing these things, some people are just too lazy/tight

Hell, you even get a reminder one month before it's due. Simply forgetting isn't really an excuse. You don't even need to leave your house to tax your car these days
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could of sworn this was a thread about no tax, not the repercussions
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Nic, that is correct because the insurer will pay out to a third party but if your policy is fully comp, you will get naff all so 'your' policy is null and void.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes Nic, that is correct because the insurer will pay out to a third party but if your policy is fully comp, you will get naff all so 'your' policy is null and void.

which is the point isnt it? its not a risk to anyone else, and thats what actually matters. who gives a fuck if the company doesnt pay out for the berk in the bmw that side swipes you as they drive like a cock. aslong as you get paid out by them.
Graham88

6th Jul 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
I agree with Colin. It doesn't take weeks to tax a car. There are ways of doing these things, some people are just too lazy/tight

Hell, you even get a reminder one month before it's due. Simply forgetting isn't really an excuse. You don't even need to leave your house to tax your car these days

Exactly, I do all my tax online these days. It's so easy!
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

which is the point isnt it? its not a risk to anyone else, and thats what actually matters. who gives a fuck if the company doesnt pay out for the berk in the bmw that side swipes you as they drive like a cock. aslong as you get paid out by them.

My old GTE was written off in a collision with someone who had a policy but had undeclared modifications.

I got it in the end and it is far more complex, walking 4 miles each way to work in all weather for a year isn't a great deal of help when it should be far simpler if people played to the rules.

I am sure you have also read about me having had a £100k claim against me but how I was fully declared, they were even aware of my shaved locks, otherwise I would have been in shit.

Yes, I am on a 70' horse but I have earned that right.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I could opt out of paying income tax in the same way these fuckfaces do with car tax
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

My old GTE was written off in a collision with someone who had a policy but had undeclared modifications.

I got it in the end and it is far more complex, walking 4 miles each way to work in all weather for a year isn't a great deal of help when it should be far simpler if people played to the rules.

I am sure you have also read about me having had a £100k claim against me but how I was fully declared, they were even aware of my shaved locks, otherwise I would have been in shit.

Yes, I am on a 70' horse but I have earned that right.

have you ever broken the speed limit wayne? or missed an mot by a couple of days? ran a red light?

whats the difference?
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont do any of that, others should follow my squeeky clean example & the world would be a better place for it!!
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But with your example everyone would lie Colin
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least they would pay their car tax on time though.............
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only losers break the speed limit. The limits in force for a reason.
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I dont do any of that, others should follow my squeeky clean example & the world would be a better place for it!!

so whats more dangerous? someone driving around regularly who hasnt paid their road tax, or someone driving around like a twat that has?
BarnshaW

why do you feel the need to want a 300bhp focus then? surely a 1.6 zetec would be more then enough for the 70mph speed limits.
Graham88

6th Jul 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all about how fast you get up to the speed limit
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I have broken the speed limit.

Funnily enough I was late with my MOT last year, so guess what I did? I didn't use the car in the meantime.

Speed limit is an educated risk, we know what the rules are even though they came in during drum brakes/no abs/air-bags etc.

I can be selective about it, as I posted on the tyre thread it's very rare I drive my car hard - infact I probably haven't been over the speed limit since May.

My insurance doesn't become invalidated by speeding, nor does it increase other peoples premiums, infact it would only be me out of pocket by the loss of MPG.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's all about how fast you get up to the speed limit

technically that can be breaking the law also as you ar not fully in control of the vehicle and driving excessively.
mwg

6th Jul 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think breaking the speed limit is fine as long as its not in a 30mph zone. But not paying road tax takes the piss.
Colin

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

so whats more dangerous? someone driving around regularly who hasnt paid their road tax, or someone driving around like a twat that has?

Deffo the tax evader, if we bring in more tax revenue then we can send more to countries like africa & save more lifes.
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I think breaking the speed limit is fine as long as its not in a 30mph zone. But not paying road tax takes the piss.

which is more dangerous? doing 100 in a 60 with road tax or doing 60 in a 60 with no road tax?

mwg

6th Jul 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 in a 60 with no road tax.
BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people really make no sense
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
why do you feel the need to want a 300bhp focus then? surely a 1.6 zetec would be more then enough for the 70mph speed limits.

I would but they dont do the 1.6 zetec in ultimate green.

I really am not one for driving fast.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5) 22 database queries in 0.1030111 seconds