corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
tbh when insruance companies want to charge a 17/18 year old a 1500 quid annual premium on a 1000cc car then i can completely understand why people would drive without insurance.

You understand that insurance COMPANIES are a business don't you, otherwise they would be called insurance CHARITIES.

They charge young people more as they are a higher risk, as are people with drink driving convictions, previous bans, numerous offences, shit postcode areas, epilepsy etc.
BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if my tax had run out i would maybe appreciate someone kindly reminding me first and not going straight to the DVLA.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh when insruance companies want to charge a 17/18 year old a 1500 quid annual premium on a 1000cc car then i can completely understand why people would drive without insurance.

If you cant afford 1500 then you dont drive.

Same as if you cant afford a 90,000 house, you dont squat in one. Or if the heinz baked beans are too expensive, you buy the lidl 6p ones & dont just take what you want. Its called being part of a civilised society.

Live the dream within your means.

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by Colin]
BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:

You understand that insurance COMPANIES are a business don't you, otherwise they would be called insurance CHARITIES.

They charge young people more as they are a higher risk, as are people with drink driving convictions, previous bans, numerous offences, shit postcode areas, epilepsy etc.

i am well aware of how an insurance company works thanks, however when said insurance companies will insure a 800 quid car for an annual premium of 1500 odd quid i can completely understand the numbers of uninsured drivers. I pay my premium, I pay my tax i am just saying I understand why someone might not.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well if my tax had run out i would maybe appreciate someone kindly reminding me first and not going straight to the DVLA.

If you go & thank them then next time I guarantee that they will, because an element of trust has been built & they will think your a nice guy thats simply forgot rather than a sruffy self centred twat that doesnt give a shit what their neighbours think of them.

BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did not see anywhere Colin where someone went upto the person in this thread and told them about the tax, maybe if they were told they would tax and insure the car, if you told them and a week later its still the same then at least you gave them a chance.
DirtyDetail

6th Jul 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not surprised so many people on here defend tax evaders. I can only assume most of you are doing the same whilst claiming benefits and sat in your council flat blowing the TAX I PAY on games consoles, new car goodies and the 6 kids you've got with 6 different women.

Bunch of rittards!
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At 2 months you politly tell them their tax has run out, 12 months you should be getting the taser out & vinny jones-ing their skull between the door, never mind informing the DVLA.
BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
At 2 months you politly tell them their tax has run out, 12 months you should be getting the taser out & vinny jones-ing their skull between the door, never mind informing the DVLA.

i understand this and fair enough if they have hadd all warnings, but they may have only owned this car a few weeks? may have been purchased untaxed
BarnshaW

6th Jul 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDetail
Im not surprised so many people on here defend tax evaders. I can only assume most of you are doing the same whilst claiming benefits and sat in your council flat blowing the TAX I PAY on games consoles, new car goodies and the 6 kids you've got with 6 different women.

Bunch of rittards!

whats a rittard?
DirtyDetail

6th Jul 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a mirror handy?
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I did not see anywhere Colin where someone went upto the person in this thread and told them about the tax, maybe if they were told they would tax and insure the car, if you told them and a week later its still the same then at least you gave them a chance.

She is old enough to drive, she is old enough to manage her time and money without being reminded like a child.

If you don't have tax or insurance, especially for that period of time, then it's an intentional act (look how much shit comes through at renewal time, even from firms you aren't insured with) and the fact something in the windscreen which your neighbour can see has suddenly become invisible to you?

You are clutching at straws TBH.

Oh look, another car insurance advert on the break for Corrie - that reminds me, I must remember to not insure my car...

DirtyDetail

6th Jul 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a gloucestershire way (and stolen from The Hangover) of saying RETARD
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Bunch of rittards!

Yes, because we are all like that.

Retards*
DirtyDetail

6th Jul 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Danny...that is aimed ONLY at those being overly and unjustifiably defensive about those that cost us honest people lots of money in inflated tax. A generalisation I know and perhaps not entirely fair...but it sickens me.

Apologies if my comment has caused offence to anyone who is earning an honest crust and paying their way fairly.

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by DirtyDetail]
Graham88

6th Jul 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to point out about askmid I wouldn't pay any attention to that. It's said my bike isn't insured since I've owned it but it is.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

i understand this and fair enough if they have hadd all warnings, but they may have only owned this car a few weeks? may have been purchased untaxed

Nah I dont see either of those scenarios as being acceptable. Everyone has tax to pay, just like everyone has an arse to wipe. Theres only 1 way to do each its not that difficult, there are no excuses not to do so!!
Graham88

6th Jul 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Colin. It doesn't take weeks to tax a car. There are ways of doing these things, some people are just too lazy/tight
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its generally a simple thing to do, even if like me you end up forgetting to take down certain forms & have to make return visits, & still I never thought fuckit!!

Just get it done.....no excuses.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:
end of the day no one likes a grass. So what he is not paying his tax? it is down to him, the only person it effects is him, as previously mentioned the only reason you would and have grassed up is because you are bitter about having to pay for it yourself.

Unless he is uninsured, which would then affect anybody he crashes into.

That has NOTHING to do with the no tax issue you simple minded oaf
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
this is about tax not insurance....

If you have no tax your insurance is invalid (unless booked in for an MOT locally) so it's about both TBH.

No, it's not. It's about no tax.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Random tiny update..

Askmid was dowbn lastnight, but up now, and her car is definately uninsured also..

My wife tells me she picks up other peoples kids from a local school in this car most days...

Trust me, Askmid isn't always correct.
mwg

6th Jul 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on you. I'd of done the same.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Bunch of rittards!

i pay my tax. i pay my insurance i pay national insurance and i have a job.

i still think its a cunt that goes round grassing people up for tax.

i didnt tax my vectra for a month. i didnt automatically become unemployed and start driving dangerously. it also ran out of mot for a month. again, i drove normally. was a mistake. dont judge everyone from that 70foot horse the same way eh?

Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
this is about tax not insurance....

If you have no tax your insurance is invalid (unless booked in for an MOT locally) so it's about both TBH.

No, it's not. It's about no tax.

Yes it is. Read your documents, the same applies to the MOT. It's therefore about both.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5) 22 database queries in 0.1083360 seconds