corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...
icis1

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JuegoVRS
It's different and come along way from when u first got it. I like the front bumper, but not keen on the rear one or the sideskirts, but like u said it's you're car you're building it for you and no one else so keep up the work

you know, i never liked the skirts i think they look ridiculous, so i am trying to replace them with something a little more subtle.

thank you
icis1

4th Oct 10 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C

Keep at it, as long as you like it thats all that matters

As for the ones make silly replies and faces just ignore them, if you don't like it don't make silly comments. Constructive criticism is okay but saying i thought this was a good project...

untill you got the bodykit is out of order. Keep it to your self.

Is this not what Ian has been getting at recently as to why no new members are joining? Its because of comments like that then they take them selves of.

Keep at it Paula

hey, thanks for your comments - totally agree with you there.
icis1

4th Oct 10 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I agree with doing things how YOU want them, the same with my van project as i want it to be different

BUT

You bought a car for £200 then spent money putting body kits on and painting it pink etc, when you could have gone on ebay and bought one the sae all fitted for about £400

I dont see the logic

ok, the car was a bargain at £160 so we got it, i hadnt planned to do anything to it apart from tidy it up a bit and get some new lights and wheels (still waiting on them) but after scouring ebay and car mags i decided i wanted to really change the whole look of the car. And at the time the cars on ebay that were already modified and going way past my budget, and not at £400 either!!!

And i didnt want an already modified car as that was how someone else wanted their dream car to look like, we wanted to do mine from scratch and personalise it the way I WANT IT.
So i hope that helps your question.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by icis1]
icis1

12th Oct 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Project Update*

Well, no great changes, but still ticking over i guess! Need to wait for payday so we can get some more supplies and goodies!!

So, finally got the new kenwood speakers in the doors

Got almost the last of the chrome out! Swapped the chavvy air vent for an original

And also replaced the window winders for originals also, but no pics of them!

So then i thought i'd mess about with the back bumper and see how it sits...

This is where it's supposed to sit

But it just doesnt look right, seems to sit too high, the exhuast dusnt come out any of the holes either :?

So i dropped it down a couple of inches, and it sat so much better, the lines worked in with the arches, the height off the ground, everything was better. So i was gonna take the top section off of the original bumper, and fix it to this one...but before i did i figured it was best to check it out with the boss first!!

She said no!! Not a fan of the bumper anywhoo's. So looks like it'll be going back on the bay. And the thinkin cap's on now!! Possibly trying to source an extension for the rear bumper.

thats all for now!!

All comments welcome!!
Jamie-C

12th Oct 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just getting rid of the rear bumper or the whole kit?

Do you not fancy something a bit more subtle? As I said in my post its your car do what you want but as they say less is more.

Something like a GSi kit, its not plane Jane and its not to in your face.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/davey_jack/DSC00059-1.jpg

Just putting a few ideas in the air

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by Jamie-C]
icis1

12th Oct 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the gsi kit, but the problem i have with it is it's a bit over-done, u know? if i can get the front bumper fitted, and looking good, then it'll stay because we like it.
the skirts and rear bumper wont be getting fitted tho
Jamie-C

12th Oct 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it is over done, but thats because it looks so good

Them skirts don't look to bad if thats the style your going for. Don't look bad at all smoothed in tbh

icis1

13th Oct 10 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah am getting rid of the skirts and rear bumper, will keep the front and maybes get a rear bumper extension.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by icis1]
icis1

14th Oct 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Project Update

Well, more like a 'Down'date!

Fookin women!!!!!

I'll explain!! After much deliberation over the aftermarket kit that we purchased we decided to sell the rear bumper, cos it didnt look right, and jus go with the front bumper, and try and find a valance or something similar for the rear.

After even more deliberation (lloyd grossman would be proud) decided that although the front bumper was exactly what we were after, one without the other just wouldn't work

So Paula made the decision to return to standard, after defending the decision to go down the bodykit route for so long, we're not!lol! thats what happens when you work with women!!

So today, i nipped up to the folks to remove the test-fitted bodykit and re-fit the standard bumpers. Also fitted the new rear reg-plate light and now that a bumper decision was finally made, fitted the badgeless grille.

As you can see from the pics, original bumpers does look so much better.

The plan now is to take inspiration from the euro scene and smooth what i can.

Paula managed to grab a bargain, so we have a non-rusty bonnet on it's way to us, which will save a bit of work! But i'm going to keep this one and try my hand at bad-boy ing it!

And also should have some new headlights on their way soon, which are smoked too, to tie in with the rest of the lights.

Thats it for now, i'll let the pics do the talking, however they pretty much already did! anyhoo here they are:

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, the standard window winders....

Thats all for now!

Thanks for reading and keep the comments coming!

Sneaky Peak

Just a wee peak at the sellers pic of the headlights we're awaiting! Wish they'd hurry up!!

[Edited on 14-10-2010 by icis1]
Jamie-C

14th Oct 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New plans sound much better
icis1

14th Oct 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
New plans sound much better

cheers mate
icis1

31st Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Project Update*

Well, there’s not been much in the way of updates recently, mainly due to a distinct lack of dry days off!!

So, i’ll try and get you all up to speed! As you know, the bodykit is no longer, we sold kit and skirts on the bay, and infact made a slight profit, so that was handy!

The tinted lights finally arrived, they were briefly fitted to the car, but I took them off, to save them getting damged when i was fookin about with other bits and bobs.

A replacement bonnet arrived too, not perfect, but for 15 squids its a million times better than the original!!

So, i got started with swapping the bonnets, unfortunately not many pics because i was using my phone, and i dinna have a memory card for it!

The ‘new’ bonnet...

It doesn’t sit 100% perfect, but i’ve ordered some lifters for it, so i’ll worry about fine-tuning it when they arrive.

Also got the wire brush out, and sprayed the front with some waxoyl – it needed to go black anyway so that it didn’t stand out behind the grille, so i thought i might as well use some rust-proofer.

Also fitted the good-as-new parcel shelf, and a new boot floor, which i think i’ll re-do, im not 100% happy with the way it fits...

Then, making the most of the ‘decent’ weather i made a start on the smoothing, not a great deal of progress but it’s going the right way...

Thats it for now folks, hopefully i’ll manage to get more work done on the bumpers over the next couple of weeks!

As usual, all comments welcome.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work! i like the way this is going! think i'd change the pink bits though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
icis1

31st Oct 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, cheers mate.

i know the pink is love it or hate it, but there's more to come!! lol!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins... 24 database queries in 0.0173659 seconds