corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...
icis1

User status: Offline
13th Jul 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is actually shocking!!!! every problem we have tried to fix has uncovered another problem.................. he has basically swiped everthing that was worth selling.
As for the spoiler well it was there when he emailed photos then when we went to collect it, it was gone!!! mmmmm..............
icis1

13th Jul 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Project Update*

Another day off and another day of ****e weather!! Typical!! Bet it's sunny tomorrow!!

Well, we got the centre console panel back together after a visit to Hellfrauds for some fixings - there really is no 5 minute jobs where this car is concerned!! replaced the fuses for the display panel and still nothing - blank!! What could be wrong i thought, so, back apart it came to reveal the problem:

No lights!! unbelievable!! this car keeps amazing me, it really does!!! (this will no doubt allow for some pink LED's to be purchased off of ebay!! )

Also, in between the rain showers stripped the bumpers and arches for painting, and so there not in the way for the dent repairs.

So here's Yogi now lookin a bit sorry for himself:

You'll also note that most of the glue from the bump-strips is gone,my drills battery keeps on givin up the ghost!! Whoever said it's only a 2 hour job to remove them were really taking the piss!!

And another one of paula's ebay bargains turned up, not to everyone's taste i know, but i actually like it a lot more than i thought i might! a bargain at 12 quid delivered!!!

Well, thats it for now, good to see things moving along, although it's a shame he's not looking better for it yet!

All comments welcome
davieslim

13th Jul 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you fitting a replacement front bumper einforcer and mounts?

that steering wheels weird looking as it doesnt look as if it fits a standard bosskit
icis1

14th Jul 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
are you fitting a replacement front bumper einforcer and mounts?

that steering wheels weird looking as it doesnt look as if it fits a standard bosskit

if we can get one local cheap then probably yea, wouldnt do wot it's supposed to in it's current condition!

not 100% sure about the wheel yet, but if it doesnt fit it's not like we wasted a lot of money! a cheap boss kit off ebay, and maybe some f**kin about will get it on, i'm sure!!
icis1

18th Jul 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

I'm quite chuffed! Things are actually happening with this project!!

So, again, couldnt get much done during the week as I wasn't getting finished work at a sensible time, so the week was pretty slow, until some more goodies started arriving...

And of course replacement rear lights, we were far too keen to get them on the car, so no pics in the box, but here's them on the motor!

Then Sunday comes around again, a day off, and so back to work with Halfords finest rattle cans!!

Even the wife got involved...

Got the car sitting up on stands and took two of the wheels off for a quick refurb...

And since it was actually dry for a change, i finally got the wiper hole on the boot filled up as well!!

So after a busy day off ( i'll be glad to get back to work for a break!) here's how she stands now...

And with big brother in the background!!

So that's how he stands the now, hopefully get the bumpers and trim finished soon and get it all back together!!

All comments welcome...
Aerox-lad

19th Jul 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like it coming on
Jamie-C

19th Jul 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor car Really wasn't looked after at all in its past life!

Your doing a good job at bringing it back to life though, keep it going
am4nf

19th Jul 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pink steering wheel and illegal smoked lights jamie, I shall reserve judgement for now.......
icis1

19th Jul 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

each to their own....
icis1

19th Jul 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamie - was used and abused!! by a right chav!!

pink steering wheel probably not going on just now it's part of the long term plan that requires a lot more money, but it was a bargain, so couldnt pass it up.

and would it not be boring if every car was the same, especially when there are so many arden blue corsa's about??!! we like to be different!

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by icis1]
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like some time and effort going in to put this right

Are the steely dans different sizes ?
icis1

19th Jul 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well spotted!! indeed they are! 4 wheels three diff tyre sizes!! 2 x 13's, 1 x 14/145 and 1/14/160!!

and before i noticed and swapped them all around the 14's were on one side and 13's on the other, i've now got the 14's at the back!!

wish i had the money to get new wheels but will make do just now
davieslim

19th Jul 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked good when it had its cavy slabs on it, id have bought them as well when i was buying the car, rear lights are a big dodgy, wonder how many tickets you will get for them
icis1

19th Jul 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he sold the wheels seperately as well.
Got the same lights on our vectra and havent had any bother with the cops!!!!
davieslim

19th Jul 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was down last week to see how much for them but got another set
icis1

23rd Jul 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

Not much new to report, but some more pics of how the painting is progressing! All arch trims complete, and rear bumper complete, just waiting for the paint to dry and harden then we'll be winging them back on! And waiting for Halfords to get more Arden Blue in stock, and then we'll get the front bumper finished!!

Oh yeah, and I tried to get out some of the dents with the YouTube hair dryer/ compressed air trick...didnt work! Just got a bl**dy cold finger!!!

As always, all comments welcome!
icis1

25th Jul 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

Actual Progress this time!!

Managed to get the other two wheels refurbed today!

Also got the worst of the rust spots filled, sanded and primed, along with the boot flushing, and took the boot handle off for priming and colour coding.

The rear bumper and rear arches were finally hard enough to go back on, so from behind it's starting to look like a Corsa again!!

I've also thrown in a few pics of the bad dings i couldnt get out, so i'm going to have to get inside and push them out (hopefully) or fill them (if the worst comes to the wrost)

So...next on the agenda is to get the handbrake and handbrake cable fitted (tutorials welcome!!) and sort something out for the horn! then it's off for a cheap MOT to find out what else is wrong with it!!

As always, all comments welcome!! Cheers
davieslim

27th Jul 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the horn doing? surely it would be better to get it premoted i know you get a free retest within usually 10days but what if it needs more work than expected
icis1

27th Jul 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing! the wiring for the horn is in the original steering wheel, so need to trace it back and get it connected to a switch somehow.
there's garages up here doin mot's for about 30 quid the now, and people chargin 30 quid an hour for checks, so it works out about the same
davieslim

27th Jul 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said before on the yellow plug where the airbag would have plugged in one of the wires just needs ran to the copper pin on the steering coloumn
icis1

1st Aug 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

So, nothing has happened yet with the handbrake etc. but we managed to get some more paint from Halfords, so just about got the front bumper done.

Got it back on, along with the front arches - it's not 100% perfect, as it's taken a knock at some point and some of the fixings have snapped off but, it'll do for the time being, until the weathers a wee bit drier and we have time to f*ck about with it!!

Also got the boot-lock colour coded and back on, and got some of the rust patches painted up too...

Here's a few pics to keep you all up to speed

There was also the issue of the front door pockets to sort out too, as the lovely aftermarket window winders had taken great big gouges out of them, so we got them filled, prepped and primed!

A gsi spoiler has been ordered and is hopefully on it's way, so once dents etc. are filled/sorted that should just about sort the exterior for now!

As always, all comments and suggestions welcome.
SnK

1st Aug 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows the paint job? I'm always werey with rattle cans from halfords.. ha
icis1

1st Aug 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, not bad actually, considering!! the patches are a wee bit dark, but you dont really notice unless you look for it, and the arches and bumpers are a bit patchy, but another coat would cure that i think, but once funds permit, it's getting a full smooth and respray job by a pro, so it's just a stop-gap so it's not too embarrassing!!
davieslim

2nd Aug 10 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you got rid of that holden badge it was massive lol
icis1

2nd Aug 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent got rid of it, its going back on eventually, and i think it's the same size as the vaux badge? no?

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by icis1]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins... 23 database queries in 0.1030631 seconds