corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins...
icis1

User status: Offline
6th Aug 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Update*

Just a wee update. Finally received the spray paint for the interior plastics, so we got going on the door pockets, recently repaired!

I'm sure this is where its going to turn marmite for most of you!But I love the colour, and more importantly, paula loves the colour!

What ya's think?!

davieslim

7th Aug 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its deffo bigger lol
Jamie-C

7th Aug 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

icis1

12th Aug 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

Operation Pink continues!lol! with more of the interior plastics being finished off.

Got the pedals changed.

And new cd headunit arrived, so we got that swapped too, here's some pics to show the progress! enjoy....

before...

after...

oh yeah, and the standard vaux gear knob turned up, so we put that on too, looks much better now

as always, all comments welcome

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by icis1]
vaux.dan

12th Aug 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
icis1

12th Aug 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats funny like?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sound that is.
icis1

13th Aug 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
Callum

14th Aug 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a good job so far
vaux.dan

14th Aug 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too much pink top jopb making it a car agian though, was a shed
vaux.dan

14th Aug 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

icis1

15th Aug 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan

well, if you think it's got too much pink now, just wait until you see it in a few months!! lol!!
icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Progress Update*

Well, guys and girls, here's a quick wee update of the last weeks progress made on the car. Not as much as i would have hoped, but what with weather, work and kids to juggle, i'm getting there!

So we got the sxi airbag steering wheel on, after eventually getting the old one off! Even with the assistance of a steering wheel puller, it was still a :censor: to get off! and, the puller is now stuck in the old one! hehe

before...

during...

and after...

looks much better in my opinion.

the wife also managed to source a genuine rear spoiler, so i finally got to work gettin that stuck on, as it was a genuine one, it had the separate black bit underneath, so i fitted this first, then the next day, fitted the rest,just to make sure it wasnt going to shift!!

Here's a few pics of the progress

Makes a big difference, i think.

So, now my next task is to get all the dents, dings and scratches sorted.

I’m starting with the bonnet, as it’s one of the worst areas, this is my progress after about an hour by hand...

Ouch!! So i ‘acquired’ an orbital sander off the old man, and spent about an hour doing this...

So thats the bonnet prepped, next step is to get the dents in the wing sorted, then it’s onto hunt the rust and stone chips!!

Was going to remove the black roof runners, and smooth it, but i don’t think it’ll look right as the sides seem about 5mm higher than the roof?

Anyways, the wife had been moanin about it for a while, so i stuck the newly white holden badge back on the boot the night as well...

So thats it for another instalment, hopefully tomorrow brings some decent weather and a chance to crack on a bit more!!

Thanks for reading, and as always, all your comments, help and advice is welcomed.

Cheers.

Progress Update

Not much of an update but it's progress in the right direction nonetheless!!

Thought i'd make the most of the decent weather we had on sunday and got a bit more done on the exterior, but i had to keep my eye on a young-un so progress wasnt fantastic!!

Anyway, got all the rusty stone chips etc. sanded down and then flushed off with p38

Took delivery of some m3 mirrors, which i moaned at the wife to get, but wish i hadnt now, cos they dinna look so hot once there on!

Drivers side on the car...

One on one not, for comparasin,think originals are going to win the fight!!

And some homemade speaker adapters fitted - they look a bit rough cos i didnt have any original speakers to trace around, and as it turns out, i could of just done a simple ring, and it would o been fine! ah well, there on now, and there not shifting...

I've also done a carboard template for the boot floor, so next weekend i'll get it transfered onto some ply and crack the jigsaw out again!!

Also eagerly awaiting receipt of new front and rear bumpers and some sideskirts too! So next couple of weeks should be fun!!

As always, comments and suggestion welcome!

*Progress Update*

Just a wee quick update, not much to see but this was waiting when i got home from work on tuesday....

And this was waiting when i got home from work today....

So cant wait for me day off on sunday, lets hope it's a decent day!!!

Sneaky Peak

Gutted, lovely weather all day and i was stuck at work and never got finished til near 6!! So didnt have much daylight left, but got the goodies unwrapped and sized them up a bit, trying to work out how the fudge i'm gonna fit them!

So as the title says, here's a sneaky wee peak for now....

ebay listing photo of the bumpers...

And here's them hanging on/sitting beside for an idea of how they might look...

The "Testarossa" skirts fresh out of the wrapper...

And here's one of them taped on to check for size etc. and i'm going to have my work cut out getting these fixed on!! oh the joys!

So thats all we've got for now, fingers crossed for decent weather tomorrow!!! :fingersx:

All comments welcome
Aleex

3rd Oct 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan of bodykits.

I'll judge whats its been fitted.
icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress Update

Been waiting all week for decent weather on my day off, and what happened? It absolutely pee'd down all morning

But it cleared up in the pm and was actually quite a nice day, apart from everything being soaking wet!!

So toddled off up to me folks where the corsa's kept to try and get the new kit on...only doing front and back for now, as the skirts are being replaced for some a little more 'subtle'!!

Anyway, this is as much as i got done today...

Started by cranking her up and taking the original bumper and arches off - what a nightmare getting the inner wheel arches outta the way ouch!

Then presented the new bumper...

First problem - the two fixings that hold the bumper in the middle arent the same! which causes it to lie squint if you use these as fixing points!!

So I got the headlights out of the way to make life a bit easier, and out came the trusty masking tape again!!

So now i've got it sitting right, and look no gappage!!

Now i've got to figure out how best to fix it. I know i could get it solid with a combination of rivets and tiger seal, but that doesnt allow for it coming off easy!! So if thats all i can think of then i'll have to get everything in behind it sorted first and get the mesh in.

Thats it for now, bloody days arent long enough!!

All comments welcome
brebaz

3rd Oct 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought this was a good project...

untill you got the bodykit

but i suppose each to there own eh?

[Edited on 03-10-2010 by brebaz]
Firestate88

3rd Oct 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noooo why the bodykit =(
icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firestate88
noooo why the bodykit =(

because the car is mine and i like it!!!!
icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brebaz
i thought this was a good project...

untill you got the bodykit

but i suppose each to there own eh?

[Edited on 03-10-2010 by brebaz]

it is a good project, and will be once its finished. nowt wrong with the bodykit, its what i wanted.
Ben G

3rd Oct 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

whats with the face?
icis1

3rd Oct 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, here's the deal, the car belong to me, my name is Paula and i love my cars especially bodykits, spoilers and pink!!
There is this thing called individuality!!! And i am not like everybody else... I AM ME. i dont buy what other people buy, i dont wear what other people wear, so my car isn't going to be the same as everyone else's car. It may not be to your taste but it is to mine yeh.......
now i like reading your comments but quit picking on my car!!!!!

[Edited on 03-10-2010 by icis1]
JuegoVRS

3rd Oct 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's different and come along way from when u first got it. I like the front bumper, but not keen on the rear one or the sideskirts, but like u said it's you're car you're building it for you and no one else so keep up the work
Jamie-C

3rd Oct 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep at it, as long as you like it thats all that matters

As for the ones make silly replies and faces just ignore them, if you don't like it don't make silly comments. Constructive criticism is okay but saying i thought this was a good project...

untill you got the bodykit is out of order. Keep it to your self.

Is this not what Ian has been getting at recently as to why no new members are joining? Its because of comments like that then they take them selves of.

Keep at it Paula
MarkSport

4th Oct 10 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with doing things how YOU want them, the same with my van project as i want it to be different

BUT

You bought a car for £200 then spent money putting body kits on and painting it pink etc, when you could have gone on ebay and bought one the sae all fitted for about £400

I dont see the logic

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 SXI - The Project Begins... 23 database queries in 0.2072351 seconds