corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Av receiver. HDMI passthrough + audio?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Av receiver. HDMI passthrough + audio?
csweatherston

User status: Offline
6th Jun 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all.
Not sure if this is possible.
Ive got an onkyo tx-sr607 Av receiver, which has hdmi pasthrough from my ps3 to tv.
So to view the ps3 onscreen i need to have the receiver on dvd/bluray.

If i want to listen to the radio/ipod whilst playing the ps3 is this possible?. It has "zone2" whatever that is.

help appreciated.

Cheers
Pop

6th Jun 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess I'd say no. I don't know the model specific capabilities but I don't think it can split the picture from the PS3 and the audio from another source at the same time.

I will stand corrected though if it can be done.
Bart

6th Jun 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a manual. With My denon 2310 I can create setups for particular buttons, I.e one video input against another audio input.
oceansoul

6th Jun 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Find a manual. With My denon 2310 I can create setups for particular buttons, I.e one video input against another audio input.

Wont get the audio from the PS3 then

IIRC with some recievers, you can assign say HDMI1 to Digital Audio in 2 etc Dont know if it can be done with analogue audio in though.
Toby
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by Bart

Wont get the audio from the PS3 then

IIRC with some recievers, you can assign say HDMI1 to Digital Audio in 2 etc Dont know if it can be done with analogue audio in though.

His onkyo will as I did it with my laptop video over hdmi with audio through head phone socket so if you set your avr up to ps3 hdmi with ipod input it will work. Should also ne able to carry 2 channel audio through to your tv so you will have your sound through the tv where required.

New Poll