corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Question about sound with HDMI from PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about sound with HDMI from PC
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Nov 08 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Onkyo reciever with HDMI Pass-thru, question is,
if i connect my PC to my amp through HDMI and then HDMI again to my TV and then run an opitcal cable back to my receiver will i get a the sound from my PC and will it be in digital surround sound?
Because with my playstation 3 i am connected to the reciever through HDMI (for video only) and i have an opitcal to the reciver directly and this works, i just wandered if my TV will feed me the audio from the HDMI cable when im on HDMI mode on my tv back to the reciever?
Cheers

New Poll