corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » cabled needed to hang TV on wall... - UPDATE - PICS almost done

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cabled needed to hang TV on wall... - UPDATE - PICS almost done
M2RTY

User status: Offline
18th Jun 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wall ready to be plastered now

projector fully up and wired in

xa0s
Banned

19th Jun 08 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What projector is it?
drunkenfool

19th Jun 08 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marty, just on the offchance - You're not looking for any speakers, are you? My mum is going to be selling her Monitor Audio 5.1 setup which is only about 12 months old and seen very little use.
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/pdfs/HCC/123/084_HCC_123.pdf

Its not advertised anywhere yet but will be going in the AV forums and ebay in 2 weeks, just thought id let you know!
Dom

19th Jun 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
Hate to tell you but HDMI cables are digital (like USB and Ethernet) -- they either work or they don't. You won't get better quality as they're just sending 0's and 1's. You can get 5m cables for £5 each and they'll work perfectly.

This is true when running short distances, cheap cables will happily deal with the current 1080p/720p spec (8bit @ 60Hz). Its long distances that you have the problems due to the increased resistance. Which is likely to cause havoc with error correction and it's more than likely that you will see artefacts or over-correction, or worse case no picture if the error correction can't distinguish between a 0bit or 1bit.
Plus it's unlikely that any cheap cable is future proofed for 12bit @ 120Hz spec.
M2RTY

19th Jun 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt want cheap cables as i already bought one and the connection on it was shit, kept falling out

I will be after some speakers but a lonnng way away - house wont even be lived in till xmas at earliest lol
xa0s
Banned

19th Jun 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DomThis is true when running short distances, cheap cables will happily deal with the current 1080p/720p spec (8bit @ 60Hz). Its long distances that you have the problems due to the increased resistance. Which is likely to cause havoc with error correction and it's more than likely that you will see artefacts or over-correction, or worse case no picture if the error correction can't distinguish between a 0bit or 1bit.
Plus it's unlikely that any cheap cable is future proofed for 12bit @ 120Hz spec.

Yes but that's only going to be over 10m and I doubt he'll be going that long.
Dom

20th Jun 08 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
quote:
Originally posted by DomThis is true when running short distances, cheap cables will happily deal with the current 1080p/720p spec (8bit @ 60Hz). Its long distances that you have the problems due to the increased resistance. Which is likely to cause havoc with error correction and it's more than likely that you will see artefacts or over-correction, or worse case no picture if the error correction can't distinguish between a 0bit or 1bit.

Yes but that's only going to be over 10m and I doubt he'll be going that long.

Of course, but also spending the cash (not going silly on QED or Monster Cable's) allows for a little bit of future proofing, plus like marty said, cheap cables tend to have shite connectors which could caused hassle.
xa0s
Banned

20th Jun 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my HDMI's are by a brand called Lynx. They're around £13. The connectors are solid and the whole cable feels very strong.

I have also got Graham88 to use these for his little setup and they're fine too.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/1112312/Linx-2-4m-Luxury-24k-Gold-Plated-HDMI-Cable/Product.html

[Edited on 20-06-2008 by SRi Luke]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll