corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Av receivers xbox etc...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Av receivers xbox etc...
Dom

User status: Offline
25th Nov 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
only thing with the 506 is it says it doesnt support hd sound, what is that? It can still take sound through hdmi cant it?

Yup, only the 506 you need to run a seperate audio feed to the receiver (optical, coaxial, phono) when using HDMI as it doesn't support Audio over HDMI.
xa0s
Banned

26th Nov 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fucking cack, see what I mean about being rock-bottom?
Toby
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
only thing with the 506 is it says it doesnt support hd sound, what is that? It can still take sound through hdmi cant it?

Yup, only the 506 you need to run a seperate audio feed to the receiver (optical, coaxial, phono) when using HDMI as it doesn't support Audio over HDMI.

does it not even carry a 2ch pass through on HDMI?

Ive got a 606 paid £360 a year ago seen em brand new on the bay for £300

Cheap with free postage

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by Toby]
Dom

26th Nov 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Cheap with free postage

Not off the top of my head, it's basically just a glorified AV Switcher when it comes to HDMI. Saying that though, is it really much of a ballache? I think it's not when you're going in at entry level....
harrisp

26th Nov 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Cheap with free postage

Not off the top of my head, it's basically just a glorified AV Switcher when it comes to HDMI. Saying that though, is it really much of a ballache? I think it's not when you're going in at entry level....

Not al ballache as such but it means more cables where I would much prefer a simple system and also better in this case.

Edit: going down the decoder and power amp route, would it basically do the same? allow me to watch movies and play my xbox in surround sound and the occasional bit of music.
If so any suggestions, will be happy with 5.1 as my room is small so cant see me needing anything more, links?

Thanks for your help everyone, learning quite a lot but it still confuses the fuck outta me.

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by harrisp]
Toby
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple system you want?
Go for a setup that allows audio via HMDI one cable for most bits of equipment.
98% of these will also allow HD audio (great when you get bluray)
the one i posted comes with both.
I use one HDMI cable for the each of following
PS3
Sky HD (do have optical also)
Popcorn Hour media play

and then one HDMI to the PS3 simple
spend some more on speakers and jobs a good'un

really need to set your budget really before anything else
harrisp

26th Nov 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help, my budget is £200 for the av receiver then speakers I will decide after (in no rush for anything except the receiver as it is a present from my missus for xmas)
I know Im difficult
Dom

27th Nov 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Cheap with free postage

Not al ballache as such but it means more cables where I would much prefer a simple system and also better in this case.

Edit: going down the decoder and power amp route, would it basically do the same? allow me to watch movies and play my xbox in surround sound and the occasional bit of music.
If so any suggestions, will be happy with 5.1 as my room is small so cant see me needing anything more, links?

Thanks for your help everyone, learning quite a lot but it still confuses the fuck outta me.

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by harrisp]

Only reason i was comparing the Onkyo 906 to a seperate decoder and power amp setup was due to the 906 costing around £1300, and for that money you could purchase a secondhand decoder/power amp setup. And £200 would only get you a stereo power amp, something like an old Rotel, so you would be 2 power amps and a decoder away from a 5.1 setup.

Personally, £200 is really pushing it, £300 would be the ideal entry price for a Receiver that has most features. Could you not wait til after Xmas, as you might be able to pick up a bargin in the sales? Or possibly add a £100 to what she's willing to spend?
whitter45

27th Nov 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2 denon amps 2307 and 2809 and they are just fantastic

Onkyo seem to run very hot and dont sound as good for me
Toby
Premium Member

28th Nov 09 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checkout out the onkyo 307 then for £200
Bart

28th Nov 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hijack the thread, but ive just ordered the Monitor Audio R225 HD10 package. Going to pair it with the Denon 2310 as soon as I get some more overtime in.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll