corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????

Poll: Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????
  Xbox 360
  Playstation 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
No doubt the PS3 is a better machine but it comes at a price! in terms of graphical performance there isn't that much in it (there is a comparison online somewhere and with some games the 360 graphics are better)

PS3
- You have to install games before playing them
- Not as good a choice in games (imo)
- No vibration in the controllers (early ones)
- Online experience isn't as good (it's free what do you expect)
- A lot more expensive than the 360 (you do get a lot for your money though)
- Much more reliable than the 360

And yea I own an xbox

you dont actually have to install all games. most dont need anything installed. just updates like you get on the soap box.

my main issue with the ps3 was it always seemed to sign me out of the network for no reason. ive since bought an xbox and have never had this problem. i still use the ps3. mostly for fifa and watching films on. its good, the xbox is good. but the xbox cost me already nearly as much as the ps3 to get it on the net and that was a second hand one.
22B

22nd Dec 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me the its the xbox, I used to be a massive sony fan, bought the original ps1 and then a PS2 and couldnt wait for the PS3. Went out and bought a 360 about 7 months after it was released and have never looked back love the console and the online gameplay, yes it sucks having to pay but its only £26 for the year subscription off ebay. The lack of Wi-fi and free charge kit for pads is the real only flaw with the xbox in terms of equipment.

My mate got a PS3 and to be honest Im not that impressed with it, the graphics are about the same and in some games worse, the pads feel cheap and flimsy, it arrived a year too late and its way overpriced. I think part of the reason It didnt impress me was the fact that the next generation had been out for a year with the 360, and by the time the ps3 made it here everyone had seen next gen graphics and knew what to expect.

All these people who bang on about the extra features like browsing the web etc and streaming media, who cares its a game console, mine only gets used to play games like most people who buy games consoles and to be honest I only play mine a couple of hours a week.

At the end of the day they both do the same job, ones more expensive and has a few extra bells and whistles, whilst the other is cheaper but misses out on a few tricks. If you only care about playing games get a 360, but if you want all the needless gimmicks get a ps3
Nic Barnes

22nd Dec 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do play the xbox more than the ps3
paul_spurrell

23rd Dec 08 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
For me the its the xbox, I used to be a massive sony fan, bought the original ps1 and then a PS2 and couldnt wait for the PS3. Went out and bought a 360 about 7 months after it was released and have never looked back love the console and the online gameplay, yes it sucks having to pay but its only £26 for the year subscription off ebay. The lack of Wi-fi and free charge kit for pads is the real only flaw with the xbox in terms of equipment.

My mate got a PS3 and to be honest Im not that impressed with it, the graphics are about the same and in some games worse, the pads feel cheap and flimsy, it arrived a year too late and its way overpriced. I think part of the reason It didnt impress me was the fact that the next generation had been out for a year with the 360, and by the time the ps3 made it here everyone had seen next gen graphics and knew what to expect.

All these people who bang on about the extra features like browsing the web etc and streaming media, who cares its a game console, mine only gets used to play games like most people who buy games consoles and to be honest I only play mine a couple of hours a week.

At the end of the day they both do the same job, ones more expensive and has a few extra bells and whistles, whilst the other is cheaper but misses out on a few tricks. If you only care about playing games get a 360, but if you want all the needless gimmicks get a ps3

I tottally agree with this
LeeM

23rd Dec 08 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 360 that i bought at release and itss never skipped a beat
cheaper than ps3, more games, live although you pay a yearly subscription is much better than ps3 online, achievements! not a massive thing but still a very underestimated feature none the less.
was going to buy a ps3 recently but only becuase i want blu ray but cant justify the extra cost for something i'd never use
xa0s
Banned

23rd Dec 08 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You people keep saying, "Better online!"

How so?

Not one of you seem to explain...
LeeM

23rd Dec 08 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

busier, you have to pay and build up a profile which can take a long time so people are more considerate etc, im not sure what its like after the changes but xbox is/was easier to communicate with friends lists etc
22B

23rd Dec 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s

How so?

I dont mind paying for the online play, as its a small price to pay. I think when people say better they mean easy to use interface, more people online (all though this doesnt matter as you can only play so many). Although the PS3 seems easy enough to operate online, but the 360 just has a slicker experience I guess.

I noticed when playing cod 5 on the PS3 the max I saw online was 80,000 and my mate said it doesnt get much higher than that, on the xbox version the highest I saw was 160,000 and its never below 100,000. Like I said it doesnt matter was just suprised in the difference of people who play online on the 360.
Nic Barnes

23rd Dec 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s

How so?

easier to join games with friends. can talk to friends who are playing different games while you play whatever it is your playing.

cod for example. on ps3 you send an invite. if the person is in a game, it doesnt tell them till after the game has finished, or they press start. if they accept it doesnt mean they can still join the game. xbox get immediate notice, you press xbox button it has an icon that says wether or not you can still join that game. also, you dont have to be invited. you can just join in regardless. ps3 cant do that and that annoys me.
ChazSXi

23rd Dec 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im deliberating as argos are rocking some awesome deals atm plus i can get staff discount!

my main sway is the ps3 has singstar and buzz which is always a good drunken banter...

the xbox doesn as far as im aware..it has guitar hero..but the ps3 does too!

if these were available for the xbox i would buy one now!
LeeM

23rd Dec 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox has lips which has wireless mics, i think you can get buzz for it too, im sure you can actually
ChazSXi

23rd Dec 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
xbox has lips which has wireless mics, i think you can get buzz for it too, im sure you can actually

scene it! is the only buzz like game i can find for it...but its all movie based!
LeeM

23rd Dec 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent they all different? movie music sport etc all on different discs?
AcidK1

25th Dec 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not really bothered, i got the both and i can say PS3 is by far the better technology. But you cannot escape the 360 and its amazing graphics...But it is a very loud console. The PS3 is almost silent! 360 has better controlers cause they go with the shape of the hand better, but with games such as GT5 and such...a PS3 with high def is definatly the way!!!
xa0s
Banned

26th Dec 08 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my Xbox 360 Elite for a week or so now, and it really lacks compared to the PS3. Unless you just want to use the box for gaming, and gaming only, I'd get a PS3 as it's an all out media hub and can do so much more. It never fails to impress me.

Just upgraded to a 500gb HDD and currently ripping Blu-rays and DVDs to the HDD. It really is the nuts.
Graham88

26th Dec 08 at 04:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes fair point Luke, but I don't think many on here (if any!) uses their console for anything except what it's meant for, a gaming console

I know I don't, I'm fully aware it's capable off more but I just don't need it, which is why Xbox fulfils my needs so much better.
Cavey

26th Dec 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use mine for Streaming media, and Blu-ray watching, was one of the reasons i got it

Like people have said many times in this thread if you only use it for games, go 360, if you want the extras then go PS3.

It's still relatively cheap for a blu-ray player and it supposedly still one of the best blu-ray players around.

Also, my monitor is 19inch on the PC upstairs, the downstairs TV is 40inch, i know which one i prefer watching my downloaded american tv content on, i use my PS3 to do that.
mazdaspeed

26th Dec 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have PS3 and my brother got a 360 for Xmas. We were both shocked how loud it is! The power pack is huge! The interface is confusing, but may just need time to get used to. It doesnt have wifi so he needs to buy an adaptor and they are £60 or so!

Get what you pay for I guess and the PS3 is so worth it now I've seen a 360.
Tim
Site Administrator

26th Dec 08 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use my PS3 for blu-ray, streaming media, watching (HD) camcorder footage straight from the card, listening to SACDs, etc...

So for me the PS3 makes much more sense

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll