corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????

Poll: Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????
  Xbox 360
  Playstation 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox 360 or PS3 ??????
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Dec 08 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have both... was always a PS fan having 1 and 2 but went for the xbox when I saw Gears Of War 1.

Here's my mini review

Usage
360 gets about 10 hours of gameplay a week nowadays

PS3 got about 20 hours of gameplay since I bought it back in Jan

Reliability/Customer service
Xbox 360 broke after 18 months - ring of death. Xbox picked it up next day and returned in after a week

PS3 broke after 10 months - stopped reading discs. Sony picked it up a week after I reported it broken. Fixed and returned after 6 days

Controllers
Took a few hours to get used to the xbox controllers but much prefer them now compared to the sony!

Games - console specific
Gears of War 1 and 2 are awesome and GOW1 was the reason why I bought the 360 in the first place

For the PS3, Metal Gear Solid and GT5. Loved the first MGS but couldnt be arsed to get for the PS3 - it doesnt appeal to me anymore
Regardinf GT5. The PS6 will be out by the time they release this game

The 360 wins it pretty much everytime for me. The only thing which the PS3 has atm over the 360 is Blueray, however I have never bought or used or intend to use BlueRay!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Pete_vxl

20th Dec 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox
PaulW

21st Dec 08 at 03:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firestate88
xbox 360 all the way lol
you get a free month of trial on xbox gold
and its £11 for 13 months or something like that on ebay
also has huge range of games
also if you go on xbox live and buy some microsoft points can download pretty much any old xbox game you want
the xbox elite has a bigger hard drive, different colour and is a hd dvd player aswell where as the standard xbox hasnt got hd built in

about as much fact in the section I've highlights as there is in thinking chocolate is made of car oil...
xa0s
Banned

21st Dec 08 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone with a brain will get a PS3 if it's a choice between the two.

I have a 60gb PS3 and a Xbox 360 Elite. The PS3 out classes the Xbox 360 in everyday, and simply oozes quality.

The only time I'd personally buy an Xbox 360 is if I'm skint and buy the budget £129.99 Arcade model, or if I already have a PS3 and money to waste in getting an Elite.

Everyone raves on about the Xbox 360 being so cheap and so on, but you're buying a budget console. No Wi-Fi, no HDD... Not even a rechargeable battery for your controller. Microsoft made the cheapest console they possibly could to win over Mr. Joe average, and it's working.

If PS3 dropped Wi-Fi, SIXAXIS, the rechargeable battery in the controller, Blu-ray and the HDD, they could knock consoles out for a oner. I've actually spent more on my Xbox 360 (hardware wise) than I have on my PS3...

The PS3 is simply an out-and-out media hub. I've put a 500gb HDD in it for £89 (a 120gb HDD for the Xbox 360 will set you back the same as a 500gb for the PS3), and stored over 100 DVDs on the actual HDD in lossless audio and video. I'm running a full Linux operating system, and I stream 1080p .MKV Blu-ray rips flawlessly on my Gigabit network. It has a built in CD ripper which can rip at 320kbps AAC or MP3. A superb up-scaling DVD player too... And everyone is aware of the Blu-ray drive. It's the future, and the PS3 is one of the best players on the market.

Seriously, PS3 all day long... I could go on and on all day.

[Edited on 21-12-2008 by xa0s]
xa0s
Banned

21st Dec 08 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firestate88
xbox 360 all the way lol
you get a free month of trial on xbox gold
and its £11 for 13 months or something like that on ebay
also has huge range of games
also if you go on xbox live and buy some microsoft points can download pretty much any old xbox game you want
the xbox elite has a bigger hard drive, different colour and is a hd dvd player aswell where as the standard xbox hasnt got hd built in

You talk so much shit.

The Elite doesn't have HD-DVD built in you plank. You still need the external drive... and 13 months of Xbox LIVE is at least £28, and that's if you want to take the chance with an unknown eBay seller. I paid £30 today.
A1EX

21st Dec 08 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Anyone with a brain will get a PS3 if it's a choice between the two.

I have a 60gb PS3 and a Xbox 360 Elite. The PS3 out classes the Xbox 360 in everyday, and simply oozes quality.

The only time I'd personally buy an Xbox 360 is if I'm skint and buy the budget £129.99 Arcade model, or if I already have a PS3 and money to waste in getting an Elite.

Everyone raves on about the Xbox 360 being so cheap and so on, but you're buying a budget console. No Wi-Fi, no HDD... Not even a rechargeable battery for your controller. Microsoft made the cheapest console they possibly could to win over Mr. Joe average, and it's working.

If PS3 dropped Wi-Fi, SIXAXIS, the rechargeable battery in the controller, Blu-ray and the HDD, they could knock consoles out for a oner. I've actually spent more on my Xbox 360 (hardware wise) than I have on my PS3...

The PS3 is simply an out-and-out media hub. I've put a 500gb HDD in it for £89 (a 120gb HDD for the Xbox 360 will set you back the same as a 500gb for the PS3), and stored over 100 DVDs on the actual HDD in lossless audio and video. I'm running a full Linux operating system, and I stream 1080p .MKV Blu-ray rips flawlessly on my Gigabit network. It has a built in CD ripper which can rip at 320kbps AAC or MP3. A superb up-scaling DVD player too... And everyone is aware of the Blu-ray drive. It's the future, and the PS3 is one of the best players on the market.

Seriously, PS3 all day long... I could go on and on all day.

[Edited on 21-12-2008 by xa0s]

All that is brilliant if you want/need it, but if someone simply wants to play games then why does anyone need all that crap. At the end of the day buy whichever one suits your needs, if you want all the fancy bollucks explained up there buy a ps3, if you want simple cheap gaming on the same level as a ps3 buy an xbox
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Dec 08 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The PS3 is all too serious for me... and I'll try to explain why.

I can see the PS3 sitting in someones £20k games room where everything is wifi connected, colour coded, position to maintain symmetry throughout the room and dusted down using a Micro Fiber cloth. Yes, BlueRay is a awesome feature and the PS3 can act as an excellent storage HUD. Its a cool console for all these things. I remember when Sony released the details of the PS3 and banged on about it being the entertainment system for ever household. I for on was excited and impressed about all of its features... however, Sony IMO failed to spot the change in the market and the requirement to draw in new 'gamers'! The biggest console last year, this year and probably the next year is the Nintendo Wii. Why? because its a fun console which doesnt take itself all that seriously - this is a console where gamers can buy a plastic board and look stupid whilst trying to balance on it, however its fooking superb!!! It attracts new gamers of all ages and gender no doubt about it because the concept of it being fun!

Personally, I think the xbox 360 is similar to the wii in terms of its marketing. Its a fun console - it wasnt built to replace your DVD or storage media but to do what it say on the tin and play games!

My 360 was one of the earlier ones and it doesnt have HDMI. Does that effect my gameplay... no! Am I bothered by it... no!... and if you asked 100 random gamers out there the good majority IMO would say the same. I think can be said for the added features on the PS3 - its a nice feature to have but how much of it is used by the 'average' gamer.... ???

The PS3 is an good console... it is a massive improvement over the PS2 and has pushed consoles to the next level in terms of features. However, strip the PS3 down and all you have is a boring looking 360 which had a released date move numerous times and majority titles such as GT5 taking FOREVER to finish. In the time that its taking to develop GT5 us 360 owners have had the great pleasure of playing GOW1 and GOW2.

If your just after a seventh generation console and you just want it to play games then its a no brainer - go for the 360. It plays all of the top titles whilst costing peanuts compared to the PS3

pew pew pew pewwwww
Marc

21st Dec 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
All that is brilliant if you want/need it, but if someone simply wants to play games then why does anyone need all that crap. At the end of the day buy whichever one suits your needs, if you want all the fancy bollucks explained up there buy a ps3, if you want simple cheap gaming on the same level as a ps3 buy an xbox

If they want none of that they should buy a Wii
Marc

21st Dec 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
The biggest console last year, this year and probably the next year is the Nintendo Wii. Why? because its a fun console which doesnt take itself all that seriously - this is a console where gamers can buy a plastic board and look stupid whilst trying to balance on it, however its fooking superb!!! It attracts new gamers of all ages and gender no doubt about it because the concept of it being fun!

and now both Microsoft and Sony are back pedelling by releasing/advertising fun family orientated games!
harrisp

21st Dec 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are both excellent and I think there is noting in them, ok the ps3 might have more features but how many people are actually going to do more than chuck a game in and play?
Which ever one you get you won't be dissappointed.
Tommy L

21st Dec 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only upsides to getting an Xbox over a PS3 is that it has more games and is a lot cheaper. But then it is a lot cheaper for a reason.
harrisp

21st Dec 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xbox live always seems busier than PSN IMO.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Dec 08 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 360, and chopped it in at first opportunity for a PS3. Far superior imo.
STEvieXE

21st Dec 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a ps3 last week rather than a xbox simply because i was advised to by people who know about it than me. it has more features etc and dont have to pay subscription etc

got a pretty gd deal tbh, 290 with 4 games

as apposed to the cheapest x box being 130 with no games and then future charges
radicalry00

21st Dec 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for a PS3. Games-wise there's not much between the two but as a multimedia centre, the PS3 is unbeatable. I use it to watch all my DVDs/Blu-rays and I also stream movies / music from my pc upstairs via a media server.

Also, mine's always being used for browsing the net on my 40" TV. In fact, this message was posted from my PS3.
Ryan

21st Dec 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a 360, and sold it within 2 months, ive now got a ps3 and find it great; but then again i got it for free with my phone contract.

i perfer the ps3 for online gaming because obviously its free, but was also unbelivably easy to set up.

if your only going to play on your own for a few hours a week go for the xbox, anything else ps3......imo.
Nath

22nd Dec 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CS tide is turning! PS3 is winning the poll
Tommy L

22nd Dec 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've yet to vote Nath
atz_49

22nd Dec 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The PS3 is far superior but more expensive to buy initially. Simple really.
Joe

22nd Dec 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss Steve, he would have loved this thread
Nath

22nd Dec 08 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

I thought you were Steve?
Aaron

22nd Dec 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted Xbox because i'm a g3ek and a Micro$oft fan boy.

However, console gaming is ghey...PC gaming FTW
Ash_EP3

22nd Dec 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubt the PS3 is a better machine but it comes at a price! in terms of graphical performance there isn't that much in it (there is a comparison online somewhere and with some games the 360 graphics are better)

PS3
- You have to install games before playing them
- Not as good a choice in games (imo)
- No vibration in the controllers (early ones)
- Online experience isn't as good (it's free what do you expect)
- A lot more expensive than the 360 (you do get a lot for your money though)
- Much more reliable than the 360

And yea I own an xbox
jezza

22nd Dec 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering here.. all you guys with PS3's, do you plan on replacing all your DVD's with Bluray discs?
Joe

22nd Dec 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

I thought you were Steve?

Who told?! Was it that pesky Italian?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll