corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » J-EURO ??

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author J-EURO ??
Jambo

User status: Offline
14th Oct 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trend setter yes, I like to reserve the use of the word pioneer for something a little more substaintial?!

3CorsaMeal

14th Oct 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
isn't it just the same theory as lowering a car but keeping some suspension travel, rather than lowering it all with shorter springs etc.
Yes but going further means the lower control arms become inverted which lowers the roll centre and increases the distance between that and the centre of gravity. Unless he's modified the rack it will also be more susceptible to bump steer.

I agree with all the comments regarding how the work is done properly, of course they would do that, I just think there are some compromises in place to obtain the look.

i just sat and worked it out in cad as i'm sure i was right, but i think i'm wrong, i now agree with you,

unless he has also moved the position of subframe mounts as well (i think) which seems lots of work
Nath

14th Oct 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Trend setter yes, I like to reserve the use of the word pioneer for something a little more substaintial?!

Seconded.
Jambo

14th Oct 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am a pioneer of men and i can state that mwg isnt a man
mwg

14th Oct 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi John
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u think u r? u need to fix up quick m8
3CorsaMeal

14th Oct 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a pioneer of lower arm styling, thats Steve
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually had a dream last night about lower arms was a bit weird
mwg

14th Oct 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talk us through it
3CorsaMeal

14th Oct 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve was skipping through a grassy meadow with winged lower arms flying around him like butterflies, and more lower arms chasing him like playful rabbits.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah dreamt i was refurbing some again and i had them powdercoated and when i took them to have some bushes pressed in one of them turned out to be made of rubber and it was all floppy
Jon_C
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
nah dreamt i was refurbing some again and i had them powdercoated and when i took them to have some bushes pressed in one of them turned out to be made of rubber and it was all floppy

Makes it sound like they were some more pattern bits. Not genuine
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i remember in my dream giving it to the bloke up the road to press the bushes in and him showing me how it wouldnt work by stamping on it to show me it was all floppy
Jon_C
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Oct 10 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
unless he has also moved the position of subframe mounts as well
Not sure he has. The up-side is with that approach you do get more travel so you can run softer and therefore you'll get slightly more warning of a weight transfer the tendancies are dictated by the other geometry.

Not quite as bad as going that low in the normal way, but certainly not what you might call good handling.

And re the pioneer comment - simply

Too much notoriety these days for very little.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » J-EURO ?? 22 database queries in 0.0155809 seconds