corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rev counter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rev counter
whitter45

User status: Offline
17th Mar 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a 97 corsa ls. desperately want a rev counter dash instead of just the three dial dash. however people have been telling that a rev counter dash wouldnt work in my car. whats the verdict people
Cybermonkey

17th Mar 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine do you have?

Dave
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8 valve
Miner

17th Mar 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try it & c, mine's is a v12 & mine's worked. It's all the one big multiplug, if it doesn't work you may need to do a little wiring, ask sumone like Aliba, he had similar probs!
rollin

17th Mar 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a str8 swop m8, if your speedo is cable driven u need a dash with cable driven speedo if its electric u need an electric driven speedo, it will work u just take the old one out slide the new one in then count the cuts on your hand
MattyB

17th Mar 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WILL WORK MATE. MUST B A SPEEDO CABLE OPERATED DASH FROM A PRE 97 SRi etc
-Aliba-

18th Mar 03 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

la la la la la.

Now now people, less of the bull shit!

Basically, if you have a cable driven speedo, you need a cable driven speedo with rev counter. This IS a straight swap.

However, if its electric, then you may have some bother. First of all, remove your clocks. Then look at the plastic multiplug thingy in the now empty dash. If there is a wire on it which is green, then it is a straight swap. If however, there isnt a green wire, you'll need to run a wire from where it should be on the multi-plug to your cars ECU. Sounds straight forward. Next problem, if you have a 97 corsa such like mine, which has the ECU bolted on to the side of the engine, then your in for a tad bit of bother. To check this, remove the "right hand-side foot kick panel" 9the bit where your right foot is when driving, sort of L-shaped). If your ECU is there, then your fine, simple to wire up. If it isnt then your in for a tad bit of bother, like me just now.

So if its electric, check for the green wire and ECU. Gimme a shout and i'll let you know how to wire it up from there.
rollin

18th Mar 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bullshit? i explained it clear enough just get a dash from a car with a cable drvien speedo this will be so so much easier!
MattyB

18th Mar 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt bull shit either, so that better had not been aimed at moi.

Matt
-Aliba-

18th Mar 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c'mon eople, chill out a wee bit. It wasn't meant to be offensive, hence the

Anyway, i was meaning about what rollin said about it being a straight swap. I'm only helping the dude with correct advice. Believe me, i got well p1ssed off when peeps told me the same to lter find out that it wasnt just quite as easy.
troublesome

18th Mar 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive changed my corsa 1.2 96 ls electric speedo to one with rev counter, problem is only shows 4000 revs... havin some check done to cars and revs go up to 7000 when testing the spark leads.. so its just clocks giving false reading... any help???

New Poll