corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fao any1 who has takin out there speed clocks or changed dials..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fao any1 who has takin out there speed clocks or changed dials..
Xs

User status: Offline
   8th May 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just wondering . .im going to put a rev counter into my car but sum1 told me to check if i have green wire for the rev counter to be connected to..

anyways i took my clocks out and it only thing connecting it was was the speedometer cable ..

was just wondering is every1s like that(1big cable connectiong everythin) or do the ppl with a rev counter have a seperate cable for the rev counter ? cheers.

also any1 no how i could tell if i could put a rev counter in?
moddedcorsa

8th May 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ure car is a diesel isnt it? If so, u probably wont have the green wire (which goes to the coil, as diesels dont hav coils) So i dont know how u would wire it up.
But there must be a way

Correct me if im wrong as im just assuming (as ive never tried to fit a rev counter)
vauxtillidie

8th May 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines a 1.2 LS 8v on an n plate and it was a straight swap when i did mine. ive seen some deisel corsa's with rev counters so there must be a way. the green wire is in the big connector behind the dials
Xs

9th May 03 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the diesel im gettin the rev counter is just a std 1.5d but its a newer model that mine think its about a V reg and mines is a late L reg... ill have a look anyways ! cheers lads

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by Xs]
digitalbanana

9th May 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u might find it hard to find a cable driven one m8.
Richie

9th May 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the green wire the only green wire in therE?
Rob H

9th May 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by digitalbanana
u might find it hard to find a cable driven one m8.

Yeah, like he sort of said, you wont be able to use the dash out of the V reg, as it will have an electronic speedo, whereas, yours is mechanical. You'll need to get dials from an early car with the mechanical driven speedo like yours.

New Poll