corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new problem
rollin

User status: Offline
12th Mar 03 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did my dials fine however they are nor reading an inncaurate speed, ie im gettin 45 outa 1st in my 1.2 8v, this should be reading bout 32 have i put em back in wrong or something?
rollin

12th Mar 03 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the dials as they were workin fine yesterday
Sam
Premium Member

12th Mar 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you change your clocks for another set? Or just put white dials on your original clocks or something?
corsa120

12th Mar 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

careful some dials start from 0-10-20-30-40
and some go 10-20-30-40
Corsa Karl

12th Mar 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are lockwood corsa120 is right. Make sure you got the right set, its a mistake thats easily done!
rollin

12th Mar 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its a whole new set wiv a rev counter worked fine yesterday? maybe i broke the speedo cable would this have the above affect? or maybe the speedo cable isnt quite in, they worked fine first time i put em in
Sam
Premium Member

13th Mar 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The readings on your new clocks will be out if the W= number is different to your old ones. I was going to suggest taking your old speedo out and putting it in the new clock housing, but I don't think this can be done in Corsas because of the size difference (can be done in Astra/Cavalier etc. though - I will be doing this to my Astra shortly).

Only other thing I can suggest is putting your old clocks back in, and buy ones with a rev counter that have the same W= number as on your originals.
Sam
Premium Member

13th Mar 03 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rollin
no its a whole new set wiv a rev counter worked fine yesterday? maybe i broke the speedo cable would this have the above affect? or maybe the speedo cable isnt quite in, they worked fine first time i put em in

Check the cable connection on both clocks and gearbox end. You have to make sure the cable isn't twisted in any way either!

New Poll