corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bleeding the diesel fuel sysem on my Combo.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bleeding the diesel fuel sysem on my Combo.
Combo

User status: Offline
   18th Apr 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have changed the headgasket and had the head skimmed on my Combo van, I have timed it all up properly (locked the pulley's on removal of head, and get compression when turned over by hand now she's fully built up).
The only problem i have is there must be loads of air in the fuel lines because of them being disconnected during the headgasket change. I cannot get the thing to start, turns over fine just will not fire. It has fresh fuel and the filter has been topped up with fresh diesel but i cannot get the van to fire up.
Its also annoying that whilst trying to turn it over the battery which is fully charged goes flat!
Any ideas appreciated as im about to give up on it.
Scotty C

18th Apr 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crack one of the injectors and get someone to turn it over until diesel spills out, then lock the injector up again. That'll get all the air out of the system.
Combo

18th Apr 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried it and it didn't work but i suppose i'll have to try again with the battery fully charged up again.
Adam-D

18th Apr 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bled it by hand priming the filter with diesel

then crank it with the throttle wide open.
Combo

18th Apr 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam - to do it that way did you fill the filter, push the accelerator to the floor then crank it 15 seconds or so then crank again?
DERV-POWER

18th Apr 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spray a little wd40 down the inlet

New Poll