corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.7 Diesel Vauxhall Combo van - Engine problem. Diesel knowledge needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.7 Diesel Vauxhall Combo van - Engine problem. Diesel knowledge needed.
Combo

User status: Offline
18th Dec 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My N reg 1.7d Combo van has been stood a while and was running fine to my knowledge before i sorned it..
I went to start it last month and it started but wont rev up. I was told it could be water in the fuel filter, so i ordered a new filter and fitted it today along with a fully recharged battery. It still wont rev at all and then wants to stall, i noticed today that exhaust fumes were coming out of the inlet pipe when i disconnected it from the airbox is this normal as I read that the EGR valve will recirculate a certain amount of exhaust gas????
Overall im puzzled and dont know wether its a small issue or if compression is effected and could be a major issue.

I wanted to put it on the road asap as its great in the winter in snowy condtions, any help appreciated.

Cheers, Andy
x14xe sport

User status: Offline
19th Dec 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try bleeding it through the injectors may be air locked although i woulnt see why but worth a go, also when you replaced the fuel filter did you fill the housing back up with diesel before replacing the top?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.7 Diesel Vauxhall Combo van - Engine problem. Diesel knowledge needed. 22 database queries in 0.0080130 seconds