corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » just blew away a 306

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just blew away a 306
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
17th Mar 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

140 mph I doubt that, dont know much about them like so I could be wrong but I doubt that severely I have had 127 out of mine
matt_jonesuk

17th Mar 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot car u got?

yea i know he didnt do that speed if he did id wanna know what hill he was on cause his engine is completely standard also he has 17's fitted.

whenever i get a lift off him i notice it is quite sluggish
Karnage Corsa

17th Mar 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gsi mate
RickV6

17th Mar 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fookin Puegeots are shite, me missus had one it was mint FSH the lot then it turned into the typical French car (as tempremental as the people) it started p!ssin water everywhere, the brake caliper cracked and fluid p!ssed out everywhere, Starter motor nearly blew up! rear bushes nearly collapsed, bits of trim kept falling off, paintwork was shite, Rad leaked, the loom in door chafed thru (bout 30 wires broke in half and gone all green!) suroof rattled and on and on
Oh try gettin bits for it they r well expensive and you have a choice of about 3-4 diff ones and ya never get the right one first time and the one ya need will take about a month to get! ah feel better now i got that off me chest
RossGSI

17th Mar 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the subject of races i had a very very good race with a saab turbo convertible of the lights for about half mile and i left him when i slowed down for a bend i could hear his gearbox and it sound (fu@#&d) grinding in every gear for ages, served him right for showing of with a fit bird in the car with a crap sound system blearing out, one thing though he's turbo sounded mean when it started spooling up.
Black Corsa SRi

17th Mar 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsas suck
flew past my arse, what is it with tiny-brained muppets posting about how they can go fast - you proud you made it home alive or something?

what 306 was it? a lot would waste you im afraid, so unless it was a 1.4 its far from an impressive story, child.

I know exactly where ya comin from mate that was my point exactly, someone needs to grow up and stop bragging about doing speeds we could all do if we were stupid enough!
Karnage Corsa

17th Mar 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not everyones the same we all get a different buz at the end of the day as for age I am older than u feller
Black Corsa SRi

17th Mar 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well older isnt always wiser then is it! I get a buzz of speed too mate just not on the motorway where there every chance a car could pull out on ya doin 80 (yes its happened to me; then I grew up!)

[Edited on 17-03-2003 by Black Corsa SRi]
stuyw

17th Mar 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wots the point of doing ova a ton on the motorway - if u get stopped by the police, ur fucked. off the line is where its at m8

alnmcn

17th Mar 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off the line is better than top end, but corners is where a car AND driver are tested.
Black Corsa SRi

17th Mar 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree wit both those points! Much better than doin silly speeds!
Karnage Corsa

18th Mar 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right sick of hearing all this sh!te about driving fast on motorways from these people who claim to drive like driving instructors. Do you not speed cos everyone speeds so if u say u dont well thats just sh!te cos everyone on this board right now does. When I drive I drive carefully on b roads and I let me car loose on the motorways is this so wrong, when I said I drive fast I never meant that every time I go on the motorway I do 120 mph cos I dont that would be crazy I drive at 85 - 90. Surely this is better than idiots driving fast on roads where innocent bystanders like old age people and small children can become the concequence of mindless driving hope this puts all at rest many thanks Paul......
RossGSI

18th Mar 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y is everyone moaning about going 100 mph on the motorway i bet everyone has done it and probley on main roads at some time most people have a road near by where when u get your new car u go and test it to see what it can do and going a 100 + mph aint that dangerous have u seen how dead a motorway is after 10pm not that im promoting getting an instant ban but really at night all your going to hurt is your self so you have only got your self to blame.
Karnage Corsa

18th Mar 03 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you very much I am glad to see we do have people with some sense, everyone does it and if they say they dont they lie. I love pushing my car to the limit but that does not mean I rev the bolloc!s off it and thrash it far from it cos my car is one of the best looked after cars in my area. When I posted the original post all I was saying was that I blew a 306 off after he was showing off in front of his bird maybe I phrased it wrongly I got a d in me english exam I am sorry for that. I never meant to promote speeding thats not the case at all I do speed but when I do I do it on the motorway and not to the danger of anyone else I always keep my distance and avoid it on congested motorways glad to get this off me chest now ahhhhh lovely
RossGSI

18th Mar 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus if everyone is just worried about 0.60 rather than spending a fortune on engine tuning y dont u just change the gearbox. then your be like a rally car stupidly quick of the mark but have a top speed of about 70 mph
Karnage Corsa

18th Mar 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that p!sses me off mate though is the facvt that if everyone is so bothered about 0-60 then surely most people must be reguarly thrashing their cars on public roads so black corsa sri what do u think of our side of the argument ???????
RossGSI

18th Mar 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day it dont matter where u race u can still kill someone so no one can moan at you cos there more likly to kill someone more than u are on a motorway how many kids, or mums and pushchairs or even grannys do u see crossing a motorway.

not that im promoting either just pointing somethings out.
Karnage Corsa

18th Mar 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sentiments exactly mate
Cybermonkey

19th Mar 03 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU!!

Dave
d0gz_bollox

19th Mar 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I raced a clio v6 this morning
niven

19th Mar 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

show him huxley lol
Cybermonkey

19th Mar 03 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did it go bollox?

Dave
d0gz_bollox

19th Mar 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on top of him till we come to the roundabout and I had to back off cause I was a bit close to his rear (just in case he had to stop) then I fluffed up two gears changes so he gained space, started to pick it back up again though. then ran out of roads. It certainly took the roundabout a lot better then my nova. lol.
Black Corsa SRi

19th Mar 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paulwillowuk
The thing that p!sses me off mate though is the facvt that if everyone is so bothered about 0-60 then surely most people must be reguarly thrashing their cars on public roads so black corsa sri what do u think of our side of the argument ???????

Not at all mate! On a dual carrageway where the limit is 70 anyway, theres barriers to stop pedestrians, and its a fast moving road and people r expecting u to be doing 70, whats wrong in doing your 0-60? when theres not cars to go up the back of and force over like u were trying to do to the 306! Plus no we not all claiming to drive like driving instructors or never to speed, but we dont do 100 miles an hour and try to force another car over and then go "flying" past him at 110! nd also we dont all post r 0-60 times on here like its something to brag about if u ask i'l tell ya oterwise I dont need to brag about it to make myself feel good! Plus the main point I've been trying to get accross to u, but u seem too childish to understand, is that there is nothing big about doing 110 on the motorway anyway! And b4 u say i dont think its big if u dont then why the hell r u bragging about it on here????? and why go saying "oh I forced him over and out accelerated him and he put his hand up in admiration!" Thats the thing that annoys me that your so childish as to think this is somethin to brag about! Whne its just stupid! who cares u did it! Oh a yeah I'll give u at night when the motorways r dead what harm r u doing? if thats what u wonna do but the motorway obviously wasn't dead overwise u wouldn't have been able to race this 306 and "fly" past him! And if u do do it at night your still gonna be loosing your licence if u get caught! Oh and next time u do it dont post on here cause we dont care!
Ojc

19th Mar 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YAWN

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll