corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo, etc. not workin - Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo, etc. not workin - Help
Paddyg

User status: Offline
28th Mar 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just fitted blue LED's to my speedo, rev counter, etc. but no none of em work!
They are lighting up blue when I turn my lights on, but none of the instruments are workin, ie: petrol gauge, temp gauge, etc.
Any help???

[Edited on 28-03-2003 by Paddyg]
dig dave2811

28th Mar 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how odl is your car if u had to disconnect the speod cable (if u have one), u may not have put it back on properly
Paddyg

28th Mar 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a '99 Sport mate, so threre was no speedo cable to disconnect, the dials came straight out.
Anyone?
vauxtillidie

28th Mar 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id suggest takin them out again and makin sure that the connector is seated properly so it connects properly when u put the dials bak in, failin that maybe check fuses
Paddyg

28th Mar 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken the actual part thet connects into the socket to make sure ite sitting right, but it's still not workin.
I've also checked the fuses! One's blown, a 10amp one, I replaced it but that one blew aswell, so I put a 15amp one in and that blew too. For some reason too much powers comin through, Any ideas?
Paddyg

1st Apr 03 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone pls?
-Aliba-

1st Apr 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can only suggest to put a 20A fuse in place of the blown one. Havent a clue what it is that is causing this high current though, sorry.
GAZ914

1st Apr 03 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT EVER double size of the fuse if it blows !!!!!!!
The fuse is there to be the weakest (and cheapest) part.
If you go bigger on the fuse, chances are something IMPORTANT will melt/blow up.

I take it that all worked before fitting bulbs. Obviously you put something together wrong.
Take it apart again, disconnect everything, make sure the fuse doesn't blow and then connect ONE thing at a time and check if the fuse blows.

Doesn't matter how expensive the fuses are, they WILL be cheaper than damaging the dash/wiring
Paddyg

1st Apr 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken it all apart mate a few times now, even put it back to how it was completely syandard and no change!
The bulbs couldn't have overloaded the system or somethin could they?
-Cheers

New Poll