corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo failure...engine management light...brake down.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo failure...engine management light...brake down.
Ali Mc

User status: Offline
   19th Jan 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened a while ago. The speedo stopped workin then the engine management light came on and as i slowed down the car wud die. As if it lost all revs.

The speedo remained dead and the car wud work ok if knocked off then back on....but then eventually the light wud come back on and it wud die again.

It only happens when slowing down, as if its idling too low or summit.

It went to the garage and they were unable to find the problem, they tried to clear the ecu and then it seemed fine. But today the speedo stopped working again and then the light....break down happened.

Any help folks?
fearless

20th Jan 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine ECU is'nt getting a speed signal and therefore the EML telltale is illuminating - Either the speedo cable is snapped (or speedo drive gear from diff is broken) or there is a fault on the transducer on the gearbox if it is a later corsa without a speedo cable
Ali Mc

20th Jan 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 98R Does that mean it has the transducer or speedo cable?

Last time it went to the garage he said the cable had came out the back of the speedo....

So if the speedo cable has just came out the back then by puttin it back in it should solve the problem?
JcK

20th Jan 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm having the same problem (in a thread further down the board (96 1.4sport)) i've checked all my fuses and that the speedo cable is in the back of the clocks and they all appear fine. I've got no idea where the speedo cable goes to under the bonnet so am having problems finding out if its snapped or not. Its starting to get a bit annoying now as vaux cant see the car until friday and i cant walk very far (read 50 yards) after breaking both my legs not long ago any more advice/info would be appreciated

p.s. sorry for hijacking your thread
Ali Mc

20th Jan 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuse had blown in the speedo!

New fuse and everything is sorted...for now
JcK

20th Jan 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i missing a fuse somewhere? i've had em all out from the fuse box under the steering column where the relays are?

could you let me know where about in the fuse box the blown one was or what other parts it protects.

cheers

New Poll