corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake lights not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake lights not working
andyc1234

User status: Offline
11th Apr 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the bulbs no fuses are blown and I Have shorted the switch out on the pedal and that didnt work either so wondering if theres anything else it could be before I start ripping wiring out
Terry12

11th Apr 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you done a continuity test on the +ve and -ve for the brake loom?
Are any other tail lights not working? Have you checked the earths in the boot?
andyc1234

11th Apr 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the other lights are working fine so I dont think its an earth problem not really had chance to look yet il dig the circuit tester out tomorrow
Terry12

11th Apr 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If other lights are working and no fuses are blown i'd guess you have a short in the wiring.
Only way to track it down is with the old mulitimeter. good luck
sparkyunlimited

11th Apr 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check for 12volts on one side of the switch connection.. the brake lights themselves are grounded locally so it shouldnt be a ground fault.. if you dont have 12volts to one side of the brake light switch.. there is your fault! test it by sending 12 volts down it and watch for the lights coming on. (take a link wire from the fuse box or run it round from the + on the battery... they are on the same feed as the hazzard warning lights - do they work?? fuse 21 15amp!
andyc1234

11th Apr 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said everything else works fine il run a live to the switch see if they work cant be arsed pulling wiring out il just put a new live in if I Have to
arizona ste

12th Apr 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check to see if you have done any wiring that might affect it and see if theres a short on that or something good luck

New Poll