corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » urgent help required

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author urgent help required
K5-KYL

User status: Offline
16th Apr 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just changed my lexus lights on my 306 to standard. now as most of you will know, the wiring is completely different.

got them changed over, all the bulbs and everything were working fine.

went for a drive, but the first time i put my foot on the brake, my dash lights lit up at the same time. i pressed the brake pedal a few times which would switch the dash light off and on. i thought damn!!

but now i have noticed that my brake lights stay on all the time when i have my side lights on.
when i dont have my sidelights on and i press the brake, the fogs at the fron and back both come on.

can someone shed some lights on this please? i shouldnt think it is a big thing?

any help appreciated!
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
16th Apr 06 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad earth? Maybe me talking out of my arse, but im sure someone on here has had a similar problem before :?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
m1ke

16th Apr 06 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you put the right bulbs in, as if you put a 2filliment bulb in a single filiment bulb holder it will put on dash lights when you turn your lights on / press brake pedal etc, check the bulbs to see if you have put 2filliments into single filliment holders.

[Edited on 16-04-2006 by m1ke]
K5-KYL

16th Apr 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be that problem mate, will go and have a look. i used some old bulbs out the garge for a couple of them cos they were blown.

cheers
K5-KYL

16th Apr 06 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i have just been out. fixed the problem of the fog lights coming on when touching the brakes, but the brakes still come on with the sidelights?

i have checked all bulbs and they are all int heir right places.
K5-KYL

16th Apr 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the plate for the bulbs. the two bottom are an indicator and a reverse light.
the top im not so sure about seein as they aint working as they should.

New Poll