corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Who's got a house on the market?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's got a house on the market?
mantamark

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just getting our flat ready to go on the market as we want a house now.

Got three agents coming out today to value it, two have been out, waiting for one more, due in 15mins.

Bloody hell, they're right bitches! the two that have been were both branch managers, and when they asked who else was coming, they ripped them to bits, so if i beleive them all, they are all shit

We were hoping for around 100k, first said 99,950, second said offers over 100,000.

Not bad

Anyone had this HIP done? They are charging between 350 - 450 for that, but i thought it had the same info in, so how can they charge different amounts?

Also, i thought the sales fee was a percentage, but both have given flat fee's, 1400+vat and 1500+vat.

Why did you choose the agent you're with?

Any other advice for trying to sell?

Both have commented on the standard of the work done in the flat, which i'm chuffed about, got a few extra bits to do before it goes on the market, but nearly there
jrsteeve

8th Apr 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an agent. Buy your HIP online, they're usually nearer £250. Go with a national and an independent agent and make sure you're happy with the pics and write up. Fees are normally %age but below a certain value they'll make more by having a set fee.
mantamark

8th Apr 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All three have been out now. Wait for the boss to get home from work, then i'll have a chat with her.

Agent one (Reeds Rains)valued the flat at 99,950, sales fee £1400+vat, HIP £350

Agent two (Pattisons)valued the flat at 100,000 and said to put offers over that on the ad, sales fee £1500+vat, HIP £400

Agent three (Aslistar Sundin)valued the flat at 105,000, but said you will get knocked down, so aim for 102k, sales fee £1650+vat, HIP £249

I'm swaying towards agent one (reeds rains), as he asked more about the flat, asked what work we'd done, when things had been completed, also had a big file with recent listings & sales he's done, showed me where he advertises and where other agents dont advertise.

Pattinsons rang up to put the appt back 30mins, then rang 5mins before due and said 15mins, ended up a whole hour later than original appt, no info with him, didnt ask any questions.

Sundin's was quite pushy, asking, so, happy with what you've heard, will you sign now? Err, no thanks, think i'll wait. Bloke reminded me of a politician, quite slimey.

Overall, good day, i guessed right for the value of the flat, they all said it was a good size and well presented, but i guess they tell that to everyone
jrsteeve

8th Apr 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it on with reeds rains at 105k then reduce after a couple of weeks if there's no interest. Offers over doesn't usually work.
mantamark

8th Apr 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok, will give that a go, do you get meny who actually get the asking price, or do most accept the fact people will knock them down?

We would like 100k for the flat, would sticking it up for 105k for 2 weeks be best option? What would you reduce it to after the 2 weeks?

Cheers for the info fella, just uploading some pics of the flat so you's can see my handy work
jrsteeve

8th Apr 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's never a definite answer to the right marketing price as it completely depends on market conditions. Putting it on at £100k would leave you no room to negotiate if someone made an offer under asking price. Having it slightly above allows you this, and if it doesn't attract any interest just drop it to £102,500 or £99,950, leaving the agent to work for their fee and get you your asking price.

Reeds Rains are part of Countrywide (although they don't advertise this openly) but means their negotiators are a bit better trained and money motivated.

Ask them for constructive feedback after viewings so you know what people think.
jrsteeve

8th Apr 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shop around for the HIP though, just so you aren't tied to Reeds Rains incase they turn out to be shite.
mantamark

8th Apr 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of the flat:

Hallway.

Main Bedroom.

Small Bedroom.

Medium Bedroom.

Living Room.

Kitchen.

Bathroom.

Rear Hall.

Wish i had some before shots

[Edited on 08-04-2010 by mantamark]
dhanson08

8th Apr 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice flat m8

[Edited on 08-04-2010 by dhanson08]
mantamark

8th Apr 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud, purchase price was 67k 7 years ago, going on the market at 105k, with the view of taking 100k. spent too much on it, so not sure it was a sound investment, but was an interesting project.

Now i have lots of names and numbers of decent grafters, next place ~(which will be the family home) should be of a decent standard, and not cost as much.

Its amazing how crap some workers are, i think we just have high standards, where other people would say, yeh, that'll do, we've took it back and done it again.

lesson learnt, get cheap grafters, get an okish job, do it yourself, do it to your own standards.
dhanson08

8th Apr 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame it hasnt moved to london in last 7 years lol.cheap though really if someone wants a big flat finished to a good standard
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be good if you could buy/borrow a bed to put in the small bedroom, people will just see it as a "store room" otherwise rather than a bedroom
mantamark

9th Apr 10 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the plan bud, its got the 2nd wardrobe in there for the main bedroom, just got to repaint the window wall as the stone guttering was damaged and there was damp on the wall. Fixed the guttering, just waiting for wall to dry. Got a single bed to go in there.
dannymccann

9th Apr 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely and clean, keep the bathroom and kitchen as tidy as possible for as much space as these rooms tend to make the biggest impression on people Ive found. Good luck
mantamark

9th Apr 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, quite happy with the final product, got some lino to put down in the bathroom, as its draughty with the floorboards.

Cheers.

Going with myhiphome.co.uk, 248quid, cheapest i've found and gets good feedback.

Also going with Reed Rains.

Not sure on mortgage yet, loads of deals out there, and not sure on the differences. Looking at roughly 500quid a month for the first 2 years on a 90k mortgage (if flat sells for 100k, we will have 65k from it), so not too bad.
jrsteeve

11th Apr 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which lens did you use on the bed and living room pic?
mantamark

11th Apr 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used my sigma 10-20mm on all the pics matey. These aint the actual pics we will be using.
jrsteeve

11th Apr 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, they'll probs be better than the ones the agent takes though! Have the same lens on a Canon 40d but haven't gotten round to setting it up properly for interior shots as the compact is way quicker.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reeds Rains will upload those pics if you ask nicely. It's owned by LSL actually, Not countrywide Steve

See Reeds Rains FS adviser then have a look direct with whoever they find. Any agent will tell you they have the cheapest deal.

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mantamark

12th Apr 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told that £325 for a solicitor is too cheap, and they will add things to that? Can i get them to tell me what the full price will be before i sign?

Is it worth me using those pics? There will be a couple of new ones needed once we get the bedroom wall painted, wardrobe up & single bed into the box room.
jrsteeve

12th Apr 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Reeds Rains will upload those pics if you ask nicely. It's owned by LSL actually, Not countrywide Steve

See Reeds Rains FS adviser then have a look direct with whoever they find. Any agent will tell you they have the cheapest deal.

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by VegasPhil]

Used to be when i worked for Countrywide, and i'm sure they're still connected. £325 will probs just be for the conveyancing work which isn't too bad, but ask for clarification of the dispersements although if you're selling only, not selling and buying, there shouldn't be many at all.

The angles are good on the living room and main bed pics, just need slight retouching to make them brighter and the colours a touch more vivid. I'd be surprised if they used a wide angle lens so ask them to use a couple of yours if not all, makes a big difference!
Rob_Quads

12th Apr 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check what hours they will show people round a property. Some won't do weekends/evenings. This can make it a right sod for people to look at and limits the market.

Also find a property on the market with each one. Look at the ads and find something to ask about and ring up and ask. See what they are like. If they don't know and fob you off/ give you a crap answer you know what service to expect
mantamark

29th Apr 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going with...

None of the above.

Decided to go with Rook Matthews Sayer as they are opening a branch near by and want properties to market, they undercut everyone and i now have a team of people selling the flat thats what they tell me anyways.

So, on the market as of tomorrow, hip all done & ready to rock.

Been to view these houses tonight...

http://www.expertagent.co.uk/in4glestates/%7B8b748271-6849-4276-9722-1735c8716ea1%7D/%7Be5dc15c3-6237-4be5-a468-7d2d70eb6ddf%7D/external.pdf

http://www.expertagent.co.uk/in4glestates/%7B8b748271-6849-4276-9722-1735c8716ea1%7D/%7Bb24ace73-323c-4f33-a52f-b6e39c4d7605%7D/external.pdf

Both really nice houses, but we are chasing the 2nd. The first just hasnt got the size rooms compaired to the 2nd, and the mrs dosnt drive, so bus is needed, 2nd is really well tied in with bus routes.

Shame though, as 1st has a nature reserve out back, get to bottom of garden & open gate, reserve, thats an awsome feature for me!

Just got to find a buyer for the flat now...
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd one is a great choice.
bathroom is lovely.

on a seperate note, that's 40k less than the house i'm buying and has so much more space it's bloody stupid.
mantamark

30th Apr 10 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what you get for living oop north! 10min walk to the beach from there aswell.

Only problem is in the last 5 weeks they've had 16 viewings, and last week they dropped the price 10k as they want it sold so they can move.

Shame we are only just on market.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll