corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)
Danny P

User status: Offline
31st Jan 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any way you can find out how much someone else has offered on a property before you make yours?

Off to look at a house this week which I really like, trouble is it has an offer on it already andit has been accepted pending the sale of thier house. Now they haven't sold thier house despite it being on the market for quite some time so the seller has said to put it back on the market to attract new offers.

Speaking to the fella in the estate agents he seems to think if someone can put an offer in and be ready to move straight away then the seller would accept. Trouble is I dont know how much the current offer is.

I dont want to offer loads more, as it will piss me off if I end up paying more than I had to, but I obviously want to offer something too far below as it will just get rejected.

[Edited on 07-06-2010 by Danny P]
Whittie

31st Jan 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the estate agent. There's no reason at all not at all not to tell you, unless their current offer is a "done deal".
Pop

31st Jan 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be cheeky and offer something very low, you never know they may tell you after that.
Pop

31st Jan 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day the quicker the estate agent gets it sold the quicker they get their commission.

Danny P

31st Jan 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i'm thinking Pop.

Jiz - I was going to just ask, but my mum said they weren't allowed to disclose other offers. Technically there is an agreement in place but like I say it cant go through until they sell thier house which is looking unlikley in the short term.

Its up for £119k but will some cosmetic work to it (decorating) and a new kitchen (one in is OK but not to my tastes) so was thinking of going in around £100k/£105k....
Mad Moe

31st Jan 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be amazed if the were prepared to come down more than £10k on a house of that value unless they're absolutely desperate to get rid. Also you're Mam is technically correct that estate agents shouldn't disclose the value of any offers to other interested parties however I'm yet to meet a honest, respectable agent

[Edited on 31-01-2010 by Mad Moe]
Pop

31st Jan 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked when the current owners bought it and what price they paid?
Danny P

1st Feb 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its been on the market for quite some time now, so hoping that it is annoying them and they want to get rid. Its empty and nobody is living there as the person who owns it has already moved out, hoping its a bit of burnden on thier finances TBH and hoping they just want to get rid.

Not sure what they paid for it mind, not actually met or spoke to them as only been dealingwith agent.
Conway563

1st Feb 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.findaproperty.com/house-prices.html - You should be able to see how much they paid for it on there
Laura

1st Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I put in a low offer, the solicitor told me what to offer for a guaranteed acceptance.

Try your luck.
Danny P

1st Feb 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
http://www.findaproperty.com/house-prices.html - You should be able to see how much they paid for it on there

Cheers for that mate. Cant remember what number it is so will pop down later and have a look as that has thrown up some interesting prices.

Out of intrest, how were house prices about 10/11 years ago? I know they peaked about 2006ish and have gone back down since but was it a steady market back then? IE: How much should/would it have a property gone up/down since then roughly?

[Edited on 01-02-2010 by Danny P]
Twiggy

1st Feb 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why be cheeky as fuck and knock on and ask??
Danny P

1st Feb 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an empty property mate or I would
J da Silva

1st Feb 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
At the end of the day the quicker the estate agent gets it sold the quicker they get their commission.

Would you sooner have a 5% cut of 100k or a 5% cut of 110k?
J da Silva

1st Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Thats what i'm thinking Pop.

Jiz - I was going to just ask, but my mum said they weren't allowed to disclose other offers. Technically there is an agreement in place but like I say it cant go through until they sell thier house which is looking unlikley in the short term.

Its up for £119k but will some cosmetic work to it (decorating) and a new kitchen (one in is OK but not to my tastes) so was thinking of going in around £100k/£105k....

Is there another member on here with a name referring to semen stains? Or did I write something by accident and delete it by accident?
Pop

1st Feb 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

I'd rather have a 5% cut of 100k now rather than risk losing it all for an extra £500 if the deal falls through because the others can't sell their house and have to pull out.

[Edited on 01-02-2010 by Pop]
J da Silva

1st Feb 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

I'd rather have a 5% cut of 100k now rather than risk losing it all for an extra £500 if the deal falls through because the others can't sell their house and have to pull out.

[Edited on 01-02-2010 by Pop]

All the estate agents I've dealt with don't think like that, I wish they would though.
Danny P

1st Feb 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is there another member on here with a name referring to semen stains? Or did I write something by accident and delete it by accident?

You deffo wrote something
J da Silva

1st Feb 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But my first post in this thread was today?
Danny P

2nd Feb 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I meant Whittie then
Danny P

6th Feb 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I went to look at the place today and I love it, its perfect for what i'm after. Its a converted school, so it is like a cross between an apartment and a house which is spot on.

Speaking to the fella showing us round he seems to think that the seller will let it go for a little bit less than the offer that is already down if I can buy straight away. He wouldn't tell me how much but reading between the lines I think £105ish should secure it.

Just need to convince my mum to lend me some money for the deposit now and then can get an offer out in ASAP, taking her out tonight for a meal to sweeten her up so hopefully it will be Monday
Danny P

6th Feb 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link to the propery if anyone is interested here

Pictures dont really give you a fell for how big it is. Just needs a few cosmetic changes but apart from that everything is in perfect condition.

[Edited on 06-02-2010 by Danny P]
AndyKent

6th Feb 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome. Look beyond the 70s furniture and would be a real nice place.

Fuck sake though, £100k. Down here I'm looking at £115k for a shit one-bed ground floor flat.
Danny P

6th Feb 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Living in the North FTW

Aye that furniture is pretty dire, it all comes with it but would be getting rid as I want to make it nice and modern in there. Kitchen would also get re-done as it looks dated but could probably get away with just changes the cupboard doors etc rather than ripping it out and starting again,
Gaz

6th Feb 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were told that the owner wanted more than £110k..

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll