corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)
Danny P

User status: Offline
12th Apr 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well finally after what feels like forever i've got the keys

Was meant to get them last Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday but due to waiting on some paperwork coming through I couldn't do it which pissed me off summat rotten

Got them today though so all that stress and anger over the weekend has dissapeared. Can finally get in and start decorating now so i'll keep this thing updated with how I get on.
Nath

12th Apr 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet it's ace getting hold of the keys
Danny P

12th Apr 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is mate, such a relief knowing that nothing can go wrong and its deffo mine now

Been on there all night just sat on the floor in the front room looking at the place Funny how being in somewhere can change your mind on stuff, so many things I was going to change i'm now keeping and loads of stuff I was going to keep are now coming out.
JonnyJ

12th Apr 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, now the boring stuff is out of the way, lets get down to the really important stuff.

Whens the housewarming party and how much beer should i bring?
stuartmitchell

12th Apr 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats ace mate!
JadeM
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never noticed this thread, your home looks awsome!! Love the windows
dannymccann

13th Apr 10 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gold bathroom fittings

And a spiral staircase But I guess it fits in with the rest of the place, a normal staircase would look pretty weird where it is.

Your electric fire - does it have a 'light only' setting? We just bought a wall hanging electric fire simply for the effect for when people are round, could keep it for that and still hang your TV above it?

Danny P

13th Apr 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Jade & Stu

I know them gold bathroom taps etc are a bit shite, will probably change them once i've got everything sorted and saved up a bit of cash. I quite like the staircase, although not sure how easy getting up there when drunk will be

Jonny - I'll keep you informed mate
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that has some really nice features in it, have you swung off the beams yet

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Danny P

13th Apr 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Your electric fire - does it have a 'light only' setting? We just bought a wall hanging electric fire simply for the effect for when people are round, could keep it for that and still hang your TV above it?

Sorry I missed this.

I'm not sure TBH, i've not turned it on as the plug doesn't quite reach the socket in the wall I did consider keeping it and just taking the tiles and the massive surround out but i'm not a greta lover of electric fires so it might as well all go. Room is plenty warm enough anyways, had the heating on last night and was sweating like fcuk after about 10 mins

Not tried swinging from the beams yet no
Danny P

17th Apr 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a nice sunny day so decided to attack the front garden as it needed weeding & I wanted to put some conifers in near the wall for a bit more privacy from the road which runs past the front. Quite a lot of people walk past the front of the house as the road leads to a public footpath through the fields which are over the road.

So, the digging started:

In went the trees - I have put 5 in but didn't get a photo, they look a bit tame now but once they "fill out" they will look a lot better:

I did all the weeding, and settled down a well earned pint. That was until my step-dad turned up who is a bit more of a gardener than I am. He had a quick look round, and knowing he has a tendancy to rip stuff out I knew what was coming. He looked over the existing plants and decided they were no good so we set about ripping everything out

Which left us with all this shite:

Took an age to clear up all the branches and stuff & we ran out of bags so we left it for today to go back tomorrow to take all the roots.

Started like this, this morning:

And now looks like this

Plan is to get some conifers down the side that you can see in't last picture, again for more privacy from next door looking in. Then in front of the house i'm not sure, will probably get something evergreen that flowers during the summer for a bit of colour, and the some sort of bench/corner seat for infront of the bigger conifers down the other side as that corner is in the sun all day due to the way it moves round.

Never been much of a gardener but really got a feel for it today. Bloody knackered now though
16vKarlos

18th Apr 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good now matey, lets see hat today brings
AndyKent

18th Apr 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man I love the look of that place both inside and out

So jealous
Danny P

18th Apr 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays efforts

As said above the plan was to put some conifers down the left hand side to mirror the ones on the right. Original plan was to just put them in leaving the existing tree branches on. However when we looked at it they would've had to have been planted further down the front of the house than the ones on the right, which me having a bit of a thing about having things symetrical this wouldn't do, so, after a quick word with the neighbours (the trees are planted on thier land so thought it best to ask) they were stripped right back to garden boundry.

Next to go was some overgrown bush. Again we did plan on leaving this but as everything else had gone we thought it rude not to get rid of this an all. PLus it looked nice and easy to remove. How wrong I was Thing had worse roots than a peroxide blonde who has missed a couple of hair appointments. I had a good go at it, but it wouldn't shift so I had to call for back up:

After an hour, yes that right, 1 HOUR we finally got rid of it.

Doesn't look much I know, but the roots were long as fuck and had spread all over the garden.

There was then a trip to the Garden Nursery up the road to pick up some more conifers and some planys. £70 it cost me Never knew plants cost so much Anyways, after a lot more hole digging and gravel moving (I wont bore you with any pictures of that i'm sure you can imagine what a ginger bloke digging a hole looks like) we ended up with this:

I think it looks a lot, lot better than it was before and makes the front of the house look more modern. Once the confers get going and block out the view through to next door it will look better still.

Left side is all done now, as above just need things to grown which this time of year they should take pretty well. Right hand side still looks yesterdays pictures. Going to leave that for a bit now as I really need to start some work INSIDE the house!! Just with the good weather it was worth spending a couple days out in the garden to get it sorted.

Plans for this week are to sort out the paint colours for the upstairs bedroom, spare room & bathroom and get them painted. Then go and get some more furniture (wardrobes, bed etc) and get them built up. Cant do anything in the front room until a few companies get back to me about the kitchen so that should be a couple of weeks then fingers crossed in the next 3/4 weeks I should be ready to move in

Sorry for all the text BTW, i'll try keep it a bit more brief from now on
Nath

18th Apr 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I approve of the progress and the avatar.
Danny P

18th Apr 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I approve of the progress and the avatar.

Cheers

I dont usually approve of "tramp stamps" but ones saying HTAFC get a from me
Nath

18th Apr 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd kill for a hot bird that supported Luton.

Seriously.
Danny P

18th Apr 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too (although with Hudders, not Luton )

Thats not our lass unfortunatley, just someone I "know"
Nath

18th Apr 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody I 'know' would suffice
Danny P

21st Apr 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to decide on a kitchen over the past couple days, was harder than I thought. Been to buy all the stuff tonight so tomorrow night will be spent taking the old stuff out in preperation for the fella coming next week to start fitting it
Danny P

23rd Apr 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welll, managed to get rid of all the shite in the kitchen that is going, leaving all the units etc as there is nothing wrong with them so seemed daft to get rid. Tiles are going and it will be plastered down to the worktops but i'm leaving that the bloke who will be fitting it. Looks like this at the moment:

Hopefully work will start on Monday getting the new stuff in so will try and get some progress shots as it goes along.

While I was in a destrcutive mood I thought I might as well get rid of the old fire place an all. Going to board this up, plaster etc and then re-paint it a slighty darker colour as its going to be the "feature wall"

Still undecided if I should put the TV on the wall or not yet. Only got a 32" at the moment but will upgrading to 50" once everything is sorted so i'll probably wait till then.

Plans for the weekend are get shit faced tomorrow at Stockport away, and then Sunday paint the main bedroom (upstairs) & the bathroom. Hangover pending
Danny P

26th Apr 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did some work on the kitchen over the weekend, messed about with the carcusses (sp) in the kitchen and decided they were shite, so after looking at prices of new ones its going to be cheaper to buy everything from IKEA, so that means taking all the doors back to B&Q and buying everything again Small step back but will make it easier in the long run as everything will be the same & everything will match up.

Also painted the upstairs bedroom back wall. Gone for Crown "Choc-Chip" up there, gve it a couple of coats yesterday & then I just need to tidy the edges up a bit.

Been doing bits and bobs throughout the house (fitted new handles & lights etc) but i'll wait to post pictures as i'll do it room by room rather than having a load of random shots in each post. Will be working on the kitchen mainly this week so will be concentrating on that mainly. I'll keep you updated with progress pictures as and when
Danny P

26th Apr 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tonights handy work:

Nath

26th Apr 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scary progress
Limecat
Banned

26th Apr 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a really interesting house. Cool as fuck.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll