corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Progress Thread - Finally Moved in :D 07.06.2010 (PG 5)
Danny P

User status: Offline
27th Apr 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
scary progress

Looking at it last night I kinda wish i'd have just left the old pine one in

Will be worth it when the new one gets put in, gone for a gloss white so will look a lot more modern.
Danny P

30th Apr 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update, progress has been a bit slower than i'd liked due the bastard washing machine taking 3 days to come through and the worktops not being in stock. Gave us a chance to look at the electrics though and tidy them up a bit ready for the new lights.

I've ripped up the old flooring that for some reason went really far into living room space. Kept all the best bits and relayed it so it doen't come as far out. Makes to living space seem so much bigger now.

Also managed to get the cabinets built and in place ready for the doors to be fitted. Wall ones are made up as well but i'm waiting before putting them up for obvious reasons.

Couple of pics, but you cant really see much:

That blue door is just the plastic covering for protection, its not going to be that colour

And this is how my "front room" currently looks

So glad I can still stay at my mums while this is being done other wise it would have been about a million times harder. Washer & worktops arrived today though so hopefully progress will speed up. Cant wait for it to be done, i'll be glad of the rest. Working 9-5 and doing all this is bloody knackering i'll ya!!
Danny P

7th May 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been on to see how progress is going. Been working late so not been able to get on as much this week. Went on Wednesday night and the bottom cupboards have been put in, and the worktops cut, looks a lot better than it did before and was really happy with how it was comng along.

Called in just now expecting things to be almost finished and the place is in the same state as I left it Wednesday, which means the lad fitting it hasn't bothered to turn up for at least 2 days I have my suspicions that he has only been there Tuesday this week and then not bothered for the rest of the week

Tried to call him a couple of times but his phone has always been off. Just tried again and its off again Fucking prick has pissed me right off. Thing is he is a mate of my mums, and my mum is on holiday ATM so I dont really want to give him a bollocking when I do finally get hold of him as it might annoy my mum.

I told my mum this would happen, as from what she has told me about the guy he didn't seem the most reliable. Was hoping it would be done or near enough done this weekend so I could my other stuff in, looks like I'll be waiting a while longer now

Not a happy man right now.
JonnyJ

7th May 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a cunt

Bet he's a Leeds fan too.
Danny P

7th May 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He doesn't like Football. Probably a gay

Got a good mind to just get someone else to finish it off. One of the lads who goes to Hudders owns a company which fits kitchens, bet he could finish it over the weekend
Danny P

12th May 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cunt of a bloke still not turned up, and still not contactable He must plan on coming back at some point mind, as all his stuff is still in my house, strting to think something might have happened to him actually

Managed to get the bathroom painted though while waiting, and got my wardrobes built up in the spare room. Not got any pictures as both rooms are still full of boxes which should have beed discarded last week if the FUCKING KITCHEN HAD BEEN FINISHED

Fingers crossed when my mum gets back from Mexico tomorrow she will be able to find out what is going on as she knows him & has employed him at her hotel a few times. Knowing my mum and what she can be like i've got a feeling is she does get hold of him it will be fitted by the end of the weekend

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by Danny P]
JonnyJ

12th May 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, i wouldn't mess with your mum either Danny. Right go'er like.

Danny P

13th May 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she has to fuck him to get it finished i'm game for that
Danny P

19th May 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - Finally managed to locate the joiner. Apparently he thinks he is having some sort of mental breakdown and is becoming an alcoholic : Told us needed some time to sort him sen out so thats why he hadn't been turning up & turned his phone off Personally thing its bullshit, but he is a bit weird so you never know....

Anyways, he's been in the last couple days, I havn't been on yet but my step-dad has today while he's been off work to do some stuff and he says prgress has been good. I'm going to nip on later to take some stuff on so i'll grab some pics.
Carl

19th May 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome pad! It's good having somewhere else to stop while work is being done but annoying at the same time when you have a house and want to get in it isn't it!
Danny P

19th May 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very annoying mate. Although all the time im not actually living there i'm saving money on bills, food etc so thats what i'm thinking off to get me through.

Plan to move in Bank Holiday weekend at the end of this month, everything should be finished by then.
Danny P

21st May 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of pictures of how it stands now.

Bottom run of cupboards is all finished and fitted. Worktops are in place and washer, sink, taps etc are plimbed in. Cooker is just to push back into the space you can see and plug in and then thats done. Doors just need attaching to the top run of cupboards, and one more putting up above the fridge which will be done over the weekend.

Plastering has been done today which is all the brown you can see. Just needs skimming which is getting done tomorrow. Pics dont really do it justice but the quality is spot on. Think the fella feels a bit guilty about t'other weeks cos he's been working 10/12 hour days over the past week. I've been on helping where I can an all. I reckon it will be done by Wednesday/Thursday next week and then I can finally think about giving the place a dam good clean and move my stuff in over the BH weekend
Danny P

23rd May 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a general update as we've done a fair bit over the last couple of days in other rooms:

Kitchen
Extractor fan now fitted. Still got the protective cover on for obvious reasons so its not showing as it will once fully finished. Walls are skimmed now ready to paint, just need to wait for it to dry.

Living Room
Old fireplace and wall light thats been removed plastered up & skimmed, again ready to paint in the next couple of days when dry.

Old horrible pinky/red carpet is now gone an all. Got ripped out this morning which gave me great pleasure Not 100% sure on what colour to get now, thinking of a grey colour to tie in with the kitchen but we will see.

Put new light fittings up on the beams. Not sure if there are any pics of the old ones, might be able to see them if you look at the first pics, but they were silver and stood out against the beams a mile off. These you cant really see which I wanted.

Fitted new door handles throughout on all the doors. Old ones were brass and looked very dated so upgraded to silver. When for a curved top/bottom to tie in with the way the windows are shapped.

Bathroom
Painted, and all window stone sealed with some sealent to stop the stone flaking off with the condensation. Also re-glossed the window sill and door.

Upstairs Bedroom
Back wall painted. The inbult cupboard for the boiler has also been rubbed down and re-glossed but you cant really tell from how it looked before so didn't bother with pics. Replaced the bulbs will lower wattage ones an all to give it more of a "cosy" feel

Dressing Room/Spare Room/Guest Room
Going to be using this to house all my clothes, so its kinda a dressing room. Will also have a sofa bed though for when folk stay over so its also a kind of guest room. Anyways, got the wardrobe sorted. Wanted fitted but they were just too expensive, so have made do with free standing and tried to get that look. Not sure how well it looks but I think it fits quite nice (Thats a laundry basket at the end BTW in case you were wondering)

Thats it for now. Went shopping on Saturday and bought a shit load of stuff, bits and bobs ornament wise, curtains, mirrors, shelving, all that shite so once the joiner has finished Wednesday its just a case of giving the place a monumental clean (there is dust on dust at the minute) and getting the carpet down (coming to messure up on Thursday) and then I can start to think about moving all my stuff on from my mums I go to Benidorm a week on Frdiday for 4 days so my aim is to move in when I get back. If everything goes according to plan then there will be no reason why that wont happen.

Been a massive effort with everything that has gone on, and i've nearly died of stress and had an emotional breakdown but now I can finsally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel

[Edited on 23-05-2010 by Danny P]
N16K

23rd May 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wardrobes from Ikea? what is above them?
Danny P

23rd May 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wardrobes from IKEA aye.

Above it is just a homemade shoe rack. Panel of MDF from B&Q painted white with some timber cut up and painted for the legs. Got another made up to go on top as well but couldn't find the hammer so couldn't nail it together.
Danny P

25th May 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kitchen now finished apart from the painting. Still waiting for the plaster to fully dry but should get it done over the weekend.

Couple of pictures:

As you can see all the crap that belongs to the joiner is still in there so once that has ben taken out i'll get some better pics.

Got Thursday, Fridan & Monday off work so from Wednesday night onwards it will be all hands to the pump to get the places cleaned and sorted out so expect a few more updates Once everything is finished i'll stick the pictures in a better order so it will be easier to follow.
Nath

25th May 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks fantastic!
Danny P

25th May 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Just about worth all the stress
Nath

25th May 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny P

27th May 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays purchases

Opperation clean up starts at 9.00am sharp tomorrow

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by Danny P]
dannymccann

27th May 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you guys get the money from after purchasing a house to refurb it straight away ? You and Ben going on mad spending sprees.

I know when we bought all the money we had went on the deposit and so now we are just kind of building that fund back up with spare money at the end of the month and just doing cheap bits like painting the walls and the odd ornament here and there, not refitting kitchens
whitter45

28th May 10 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate
Danny P

28th May 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Where do you guys get the money from after purchasing a house to refurb it straight away ? You and Ben going on mad spending sprees.

I know when we bought all the money we had went on the deposit and so now we are just kind of building that fund back up with spare money at the end of the month and just doing cheap bits like painting the walls and the odd ornament here and there, not refitting kitchens

Money for the kitchen was already set a-side, I had a "new car fund" which I was saving money for seperate from my house fund. I decided the money would be better spent on the house than 4 wheels so that wasn't a problem.

As soon as I bought the house I was putting money away for furniture. Took a few months for it all the be sorted (think I had 4 pay days from start to finish) and as I was living at home I managed to save around £500 per month for stuff like furniture, curtains, cushions & all the rest of the shite you have to buy

Its been hard, i've hardly had a night out since January and have gone without a lot of the stuff I usually buy month to month (clothes, take aways, football tickets etc) but in the end its worth it, plus its got me used to living on the bread line so it wont come as such a shock when I finally move out.
Danny P

30th May 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bank Holiday Weekend Update

Been on at the house pretty much non-stop since Thursday when I finished work, and I can safely say i'm fucking knackered man Got shit loads done though so its been worth it. Few pictures of whats been happening:

Front Room
Rubbed down & painted over where the new plasterboard had been fitted where the fire place was, and the wall light. Ended up re-painting the whole place actually as I was scared it wouldn't be a proper colour match, took best part of a day and didn't really need doing but its cover up some little marks and bemishes that were on the walls so it was worth it. Pic was taken when still a bit wet so it looks a bit patchy, had dried a solid colour now

Bathroom
Got the bathroom finished now. Gave it a massive clean and managed to get all my stuff so, first room in the house to be 100% finished

Spare Room
Again, filled in some marks and gave it a lick of paint all round. Mirror, & shelf put up. Curtains hung and new rug put down. New light installed. 85% finished now. Just waiting on the sofa bed & some pictures for the walls to be put up then it will be done.

Footstools are for the front room but they are sitting where the sofa bed will be (Flat pack still in boxes against the wall is the TV units for the front room which will be built tomorrow)

My Bedroom
Cleaned and polished all the floor as it was coverd in dust from when the kitchen was fitted. That was a nightmare!! Built up the bed and some other furniture. Still got to built the other bedside drawers & the materess is coming tomorrow so once that arrives I can put my bedding etc on. Got a old rocking chair to come an all when I can get down to my Aunites to collect it. 75% done up here now.

Kitchen wall has been painted grey but couldn't get any pics due to bad lighting, will try get some tomorrow. Carpet for the front room is being put in on Wedensday, so once that is in I can get the sofa out, and TV cabinets in and get to the fun part of installing the TV and X-Box etc

I wanted to move in this weekend, but it seems daft moving in when there are still a few things to do. I've waited this long a few more days wont hurt. Fingers crossed by Friday night i'll be all moved in and ready to start life a bachelor
Nath

30th May 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome progress

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll