corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgages

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgages
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
14th Jan 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

My brothers ex tried to get half his house when they split up and the mortgage was entirely in his name!

Did she contibute 50% of the costs? Personally if I was going to be contributing more than my partner I would want something drawn up by the solicitor to confim any entitlements should the worst happen.
whitter45

14th Jan 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
unless im married or related i would never buy a house with someone.

could not have said it better myself
whitter45

14th Jan 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

My brothers ex tried to get half his house when they split up and the mortgage was entirely in his name!

Did she contibute 50% of the costs? Personally if I was going to be contributing more than my partner I would want something drawn up by the solicitor to confim any entitlements should the worst happen.

exactly if she can prove she contributed to maintenance or up keep - i.e utility bills etc over a period of 2 years or more she is entilted to 50% regardless of who has the mortgage

Therefore you need a contract signing by your other half to state if you should split then she will not be entitled to anything

Mad Moe

14th Jan 08 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it is significantlly less than 2 years mate and she wouldn't necessarily be entitled to 50% they would base it on the apotionment of the the total living costs she contributed towards.
whitter45

14th Jan 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I think it is significantlly less than 2 years mate and she wouldn't necessarily be entitled to 50% they would base it on the apotionment of the the total living costs she contributed towards.

Last i heard it was 2 years although this may have changed

Either way if you are buying on your won i would suggest you protect yourself from stuff liek that happening in the future
Mav 3000

14th Jan 08 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A legally binding document that states who gets what is called a 'declaration of trust' and is usually £50-£125, however our solicitor is throwing one in for us for free - because it's a 'glorified i o u'. I'm stumping up our deposit so want it written down that I get it back before we split the rest 50/50 if she runs off witht he milkman etc.
Marc

14th Jan 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She got the car, race horse and horse box.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll