corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House owners, made a profit?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House owners, made a profit?
corsa120

User status: Offline
14th Jun 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid 108k for my house in sept 06 just down the road one has sold in what i believe to be in worse condition and appearence for 139k which is good for me im just doin mine up fitting new kitchen etc and im off to better house or possibly rent mine out

[Edited on 14-06-2007 by corsa120]
Colin

29th Jul 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting post to read and dig up...............whats everyones houses valued at now then?

I just sold mine for around almost 20k more than I paid for it, percentage wise thats just under 40% profit

I would have liked another 10k pre recession but im not bothered because the one were buying is 38k less than it sold for last year.
Cosmo

29th Jul 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange looking back at my post now.

I never sold my flat, recession hit and it wasnt the right time for me to look at buying a new place. It has dropped in value, but not below what I bought it for by a fair bit, but still looking at renting it out rather than selling as rental value has shot up.

My parents also never moved. Has an offer accepted on a place then my Dad got diagnosed with a fairly bad kidney problem so they put off moving until that was all sorted - then obviously shit hit the fan in the economy. The place they had the offer accepted on is still on the market, for £300k less than our offer
John_C

30th Jul 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought in 06 for 140k, house next door just up for sale at 183k.

So haven't been hit as hard as i would have thought.
a_j_mair

30th Jul 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have my house rented out and had no real problems.

also bought the house next door and have been ploughing all my time into it

house 1 - is probably worth similar to what we have spent

house 2 - bought at highest before collapse. probably worth 5-10k less at present
Colin

30th Jul 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all doom & gloom if your not planning on moving soon though eh AJ.

A mate of mine bought a 2 bed flat & 4 bed house pretty much in the months prior to the collapse. Hes now needing to move to London for work & sell up....oh dear!!
ENB

30th Jul 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £122k last year, house on the same street, slightly smaller is up for £140k.
a_j_mair

30th Jul 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah had a big deposit so no negative equity and currently doing a fair4 bit of work to the house, garden just needs the patio laying then the driveway done and it will be one of the best houses on the street

going to see about converting the loft if it is feasablke and there is a market for a house that size in our area

probably sell house 2 in a few years if we get to build a house, maybe buy a smaller cheaper flat and rent it out and invest the remainder in new house

we will wait and see, lots can happen so nothing is set in stone
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, doesn't time fly.... I've been at mine a good 3.5 years now!!!!!!

I think we're still jsut over break even. Bought for £177500, but seeing similar properties going for £190-£210k, so fingers crossed my motgage deal won't annally lube me up with something stupid like 6%
J da Silva

30th Jul 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would prefer not to say how much my house is worth, but I made just over 63% profit on my last one as it was only a little 3 bed detatched when I bought it in 2002, and I did some major major major extending to it before I even moved in it, and I then bought some of next doors land as he was selling it off pretty cheap, I then rented it out to various families after I bought a new one and have just sold it in early July, it was always the plan after me and my other half decided to buy our latest home in 2006.

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by J da Silva]
Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you of got more if you'd of sold it pre-crash, or was the area not too badly effected?
J da Silva

30th Jul 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not, I don't think I'd have got much more before the economy started receeding, it's a very sought after area where I live, purely because the school is rated as one of the best in the UK.
M2RTY

30th Jul 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought for 75k 18 months ago, worth 110ish now, would like to see 120ish once done

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll