corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How easy is it to take the bonnet off completely ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How easy is it to take the bonnet off completely ?
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
13th Mar 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to take old bonnet off and put new one on can someone please tell me what to do ? I realise I need to remove the air scoop take off the hinges and then its off but dont know how to take out the washer jets and pipe for them and also the catch and the spring for the bonnet cheers for any help paul....
Karnage Corsa

13th Mar 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely someone must know
wainey

13th Mar 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the washer jets just pop off, the pipe runs inside the bonnet just pull it out carefully, cant quite think for sure how i got mine off, if the bonnets fcuked u might aswell just put a small flat bladed screwdriver underneath the jet and just prise it off, should come off pretty easily might still be attached to pipe so just pull it off, and as u say hinges e.t.c, cnat think how i did the bonnet catch though ha my dad did that as i was out! when he gets back ill ask him and post it up! good luck chap!
Karnage Corsa

13th Mar 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THANKS A LOT MATE THE BONNET IS BEING SOLD SO I CANT F!CK IT UP COS ITS IN GOOD CONDITION ANY OTHER HELP IS APPRECIATED
wainey

13th Mar 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right dad just got back, the catch is held in by a nut/bolt, not sure what size, and theres also the safety catch which is held in by a solid pin, it needs to be knocked out with a hammer and a drift (punching tool), so that u can swap this to your new bonnet, just be dead careful with the screwdriver then mate! should be ok if your careful! hope ive been of some help!
Karnage Corsa

13th Mar 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U HAVE MATE THANKS AT LEAST I HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT I AM DOING NOW THANKS VERY MUCH MATE
wainey

13th Mar 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs
Kris TD

13th Mar 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you look where the washer pipe enters the bonnet there is a connector so u can disconnect the pipe, do this then remove the washer pipes off the car, much easier.
Karnage Corsa

13th Mar 03 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanking you might ned to read this again when I need to do it cheers lads I posted this ages ago and now all of a sudden I know what I am doing so can you tell me what tools I should need exactly lads
wainey

13th Mar 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
if you look where the washer pipe enters the bonnet there is a connector so u can disconnect the pipe, do this then remove the washer pipes off the car, much easier.
positive mine didnt have them, couldnt see anything that resembled a connector, where exactly is that connector, would make life easier!
Karnage Corsa

13th Mar 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what tools then lads screw drivers hammer punch or something to get pin out what else cant be much more cheers

New Poll