corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bonnet Pins

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonnet Pins
PaulW

User status: Offline
16th Jan 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

specially the STi one! looks near twice the size of the one on the other 2004 models!
starkmotorsport

16th Jan 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, I have a fibreglass bonnet on my Nova rally car and its a lot lighter than a standard one. Fibreglass bonnets still have skeletons underneath, but they are also made of fibreglass. But be warned that they are very fragile.

Also, on the Nova, there are no fixings for the bonnet, only pins as thats all you need. Although note that this means anyone can get access to your engine bay when the car is left alone - not great for a road car.

The pins are standard bonnet pins, same as the Sparco jobs.
PaulW

16th Jan 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guessing then where as i can lean on the bonnet now, a fibre-glass one would break...

still lighter = better!
starkmotorsport

17th Jan 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, you cant lean on them at all - well that is unless you want lots of cracks and holes!!!

Ive got one, they're good. Id concentrate on other things first though. Is the whole car and cage being resprayed? Let me know if you want those pins.
PaulW

17th Jan 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the whole car inside & out, including cage will be sprayed, but bonnet wont be going on till engine is in so to position bonnet vent in correct place, so that will be sprayed after the rest of the car (a few months)
chadjpr

19th Apr 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that bonnet pins looked OK am i wrong (obviously) even if they dont serve a purpose do they still look that CRAP????

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bonnet Pins 23 database queries in 0.0089991 seconds