corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c dti engine prob

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c dti engine prob
x14xe sport

User status: Offline
19th Mar 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi currently having a problem with my corsa c 1.7 dti 03 plate, its recently started to through up a light on the dash which is a car shape with a spanner through it, when it does this the car judders and loses power for a second or so then picks back up, somtimes the light remains on while its running fine other times it goes off after a few seconds, the last few times i have taken it out though it has lost power completely and will not rev at all, the car will tick over but slightly higher around 1.5k but pressing the accelerater will not rev the car. if i turn it off and wait a minute then start it back up it runs fine again. i had i tech2'd and it showed zero rpm signal fault? the mechanic advised the crank shaft sensor which has been changed but the problem persists?? any body had a similar probelm? cheers
barneykarl

19th Mar 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then it was not the crank sensor get it read again by someone who knows what there doing.
Kevxx

19th Mar 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your airflow meter, cause it'd give them symthoms.
x14xe sport

19th Mar 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
then it was not the crank sensor get it read again by someone who knows what there doing.

really how did you work that out....twat
x14xe sport

19th Mar 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
check your airflow meter, cause it'd give them symthoms.

i have considered that but i'v had a few fail on various diesels and none have been like this, usually they wont rev up past x amount where as this runs and pulls 100% until it judders for a second then is fine again plus it has only cut out 3x in around 500 miles
dean101287

19th Mar 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
x14xe sport

19th Mar 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im sure i could take it to several garages and get several different answers so your quote doesnt really help
dean101287

19th Mar 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit it worth a try. TBH it could be a number a things. My mate had a problem on his sri 1.8 that sounds abit like that. Turns out his throttle body was gunked up with shit.
barneykarl

19th Mar 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So did the error code relate to crank sensor or did the mechanic just asume this, not a twat just thinking logical, sorry my reply came across the wrong way I will not try and help you again as sure you will get it sorted.
x14xe sport

20th Mar 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate sounded like you were taking the piss, as said when we read the codes there was only one saying zero rpm reading? not sure what you would attribute this too, anyway it broke down last night, it starts up fine but refuses to rev up, i'm wondering if its the accelerator posistion sensor??
x14xe sport

20th Mar 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it broke down last night, ticks over fine but the accelertor pedal doesnt work, tried another one and still wont work? is there a sensor on the engine side that reads the signal from accelertor sensor??
barneykarl

20th Mar 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the pedal sensor acts like a tps and gives signal direct to ecu as you have tried another one then it could be the ecu has poor connection or they are known to get hot as close to the block space the ecu out a bit so it stays cooler, other than that check all connections etc, I would also say crank sensor for no signal but as its not that its one of those trial and error problems I,m afraid, also check for any chaffed or poor wiring if you can from the pedal sensor.
x14xe sport

20th Mar 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed crank sensor as mentioned in 1st post, just cant why it starts and idles fine just wont rev at all, if it was an old corsa it would just be the throttle cable
barneykarl

20th Mar 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what ecu is fitted, gm siemens or bosch motronic and is engine vauxhall or isuzu.
x14xe sport

20th Mar 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure on ecu, belive the dti is an isuzu engine?
barneykarl

20th Mar 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its got the isuzu engine then it might well be the ecu as they are prone to fail on this engine a lot, can you get hold of another ecu to try .
barneykarl

20th Mar 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have this number on ecu 8971891360 its isuzu and £195 for new unit.
x14xe sport

20th Mar 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had 3 accelerator units on it and had it tech2'd after and it still shows accelerator pedal sensor so looks like wiring prob or as you say possibly ecu, il need the transponder and ignition ring aswell if i get an ecu eont i??
barneykarl

20th Mar 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose you could run a wire from the sensor direct to the ecu pin if you know the correct one , wiring digram required, if that does not help then ecu would be my guess and chip would be required.
oceansoul

21st Mar 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
i had i tech2'd and it showed zero rpm signal fault? the mechanic advised the crank shaft sensor which has been changed but the problem persists??

Was the engine running when it was tech2'd? If not that will be why there it would show zero RPM. This is normal when there engine is not running. Any good tech2'er should know this.

New Poll