corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » MW2 server down?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MW2 server down?
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really should mate, its amazing.

bettycrockersknives.org rated it 11/10 knives and said COD should be removed from the shelf as it now looks so shit compared.

I have also heard rumours it is not a server problem and that it is because there is not enough people left to actually make a game. This is because they are all playing BFBC2 and really enjoying it even though it is just a demo and not even the full game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People can still play it on Xbox because people who use xbox are all glitchers and campers, so there is still plenty left but surely this is only temporary as soon they will all have RROD.
dannymccann

23rd Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
GF-91
Banned

23rd Feb 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
^

I smell shit..
Doug

23rd Feb 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
quote:
^

I smell shit..

Have another
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
^

I smell shit..

No. Serious?
GF-91
Banned

23rd Feb 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
quote:
quote:
^

I smell shit..

Have another

Lack of players..PMSL.
Doubt it.
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BarnshaW

23rd Feb 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

battlefield sucks balls. Only people who sucked at COD moved to battlefield, wont be long before they move from that soon.
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Behave Campshaw.

[Edited on 23-02-2010 by Nath]
CorsAsh

23rd Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I downloaded the demo, controls are all messed up. And what's with not being able to lie down and the little markers over your head so you get blasted when you're sniping?

I'll stick to COD.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have an issue with being killed because of a marker? Prone isn't available as it promotes camping and dolphin diving. And Barnshaw The sensible people have moved over.
BarnshaW

23rd Feb 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sensible my ass you lot will all come back to COD i am telling you. battleshite novelty will wear off
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only been on COD a couple of hours in the past month + because I fucking detest it I've played BFBC2 for over 21 hours and it's only a one level demo
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14 hours here and I havent touched COD since downloading it. Too many glitching fuckers.

[Edited on 23-02-2010 by Nath]
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so excited about getting the bolt action 50. cal. The Apache can take it, but the Black Hawk can't... So I'll be peppering it
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I one shot snipered a UAV yesterday. Was awesome
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a one shot kill of the UAV? If you mean hit it first time then aye! But it always takes two hits to destroy it for me?
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody may have fucked it up beforehand, but my one shot destroyed it.
CorsAsh

23rd Feb 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I don't have an issue with being killed because of a marker? Prone isn't available as it promotes camping and dolphin diving.
That's bollocks If you're sniping, the whole object of the exercise is to remain hidden and be surgical in taking people out from a distance. It even says on the Recon loadout screen that this class of people "are experts at blending into their surroundings".

Yeah, I'm sure you blend in really well with a fucking flare over your head and not being able to lie down. If someone started shooting at you in real life, the first thing you'd do is hit the deck. Oh, and whilst I'm on the subject, nice simulation of the effect breathing has on scoping, I actually missed it moving about like COD.

Basically, for all your complaining about campers and glitchers, MW2 is the more realistic game (granted with the exception of some perks), requires more skill and is ultimately more rewarding when you win.
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MW2 really isn't more realistic. Why would a sniper away? They are trained to hold guns perfectly still. And do bullets in COD move due to the trajectory and distance? Nope. MW2 is more frantic and in some ways more fun. But the perks are shit. The kill streaks are shit. The glitchers are shit. The LAG is shit. The constant host issues are shit. BFBC2 is so much more rewarding as it's all about teamwork. The whole game is based on teamwork. And when it works it's a nice rewarding feeling. MW2 in no way requires more skill. BFBC2 is much harder. You'd never get a 25 kill streak on there like you do in MW2. BFBC2 is in a different league to MW2.
Nath

23rd Feb 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if you're sniping on MW2 you don't even get a ghillie. You have to unlock it. Whats realistic about that?! Knifing is also better on BFBC2 as you can only kill people as far as your arm stretches. Not like MW2 where you can knife people from fully 10 feet away
CorsAsh

24th Feb 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not perfectly still, come on. Most of the time they're resting on something. BF just didn't feel as involved, felt more like playing a game than actually outsmarting people and so on.

Though maybe that's something I get more from playing HC games all the time now. MW2 I found to be more rewarding, got into it right away unlike BF.
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary and Doug LOL you took the bait like proper pros. I know danny was just laughing at the ridiculousness of my statement, i cant believe people took it seriously Excellent

Ash, you do realise the markers only show up when close to the enemy, I've sniped people from miles away that dont have a marker over their head. Infact the other day i got taken out by a sniper a few times that had blended into the trees and bushes that i couldn't even see unless i stayed still and watched the area where he was, then he moved and i took him out with a headshot. It was such a rewarding kill. Especially when you have to take into account bullet drop, not just aiming at their head and firing.

Also knifing. Fucking pissed me off in COD. How can you say COD is more realistic when, despite putting half a clip into someone they still continue to run at you and kill you with one swipe of the knife Ridiculous. In BFBC2 knifing is either a last resort or when you have come up behind someone and you want to conserve bullets, just as it should be. There are people in COD who use knifing as their main strategy Aye, because that's what you would do in a war situation

The problem with COD is it is not geared up to working as a team, it is all for the individual. Who gives a fuck if your team lost on "team" deathmatch so long as you had a positive K/D ratio and finished top. I know i didn't give a fuck what my team did, so long as i did ok. It rates peoples ability on the amount of kills, not how much the helped the team. So i could finish on 56 kills and 74 deaths yet still beat the guy on 30 kills and 5 deaths.

BFBC2 rewards teamwork, like a team game should. I could beat the guy who spends all game sniping and ending up with 10kills 2 deaths but ultimately not really doing anything, by repairing tanks, defending stations, helping to mark out vehicles with tracer darts & ending up with 9 kills 12 deaths.

Also, and this is the main difference for me, on BF i have never felt that i have been killed illegitimately. If i get killed it is down to my shit play, aim, whatever. Whereas on COD i have had incidents where i have smashed bullets into people that just DO NOT die and they just happen to get a headshot. It has also happened in reverse where someone has been laying into me yet, somehow, i hit a lucky headshot. I almost feel ashamed to have been given the kill, i did nothing to deserve it.

Killstreaks and perks are a load of fucking shite too. Tactical insertion, encourages camping and nuke boosting (ruining games) Marathon, lightweight and Commando, encourages knife glitching. Scavenger, encourages camping with claymores. Its just a load of shite that ruins the game and doesn't reward skill, just abuse of the system.

Oh and deathsteaks are cool too aren't they? Here, have some extra health because you are shit at the game

Infinity Ward totally fucked it up this time round, i can still play WaW and not be too bothered, the killstreaks and perks even themselves out, although, for the record, i wouldn't go back to it after playing BFBC2.

What a rant
Tommy L

24th Feb 10 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
quote:
^

I smell shit..

No. Serious?
Of course Nath. The internet is serious business.

I think their sarcasm detector is broken

Nath

24th Feb 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll