corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » MySQL Connection Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MySQL Connection Problem
Doug

User status: Offline
29th Mar 08 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I have been trying to fix this all day and its really doing my head in now!!

I am trying to set up a connection to my database on my hosting, I am using Dreamweaver CS3 (Tried on Dreamweaver 8 aswell but still get same problem)

Here is the screen where I am entering the details:

Then when I try to search for the database or if I manually enter the database and click test connection I get this error:

Here is a screen shot of the PHPmyadmin page so you can see some of the details about it:

Where am I going wrong?!

I saw in another forum post a possible solution that talks about the OLD password system that dreamweaver use's (but I think they are talking about MX)

Got a full blown headache from this now as I just cant find a answer for it! Housemate is on the same hosting as his works fine. So I cant work out what the problem may be.

If anyone wants to help out in more detail I would be happy to provide my MSN address...

Thanks

Doug

drax

30th Mar 08 at 05:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm the fact that Local host will look on your computer / network (what ever local host is set to in your hosts file usually 127.0.0.1)

You need the web address of everwhere your hosting / sql database is.

Assuming your not running your sql locally.

[Edited on 30-03-2008 by drax]
Nismo

30th Mar 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as drax said you need the server address the name server or IP
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House mate has hosting with the same company so we are doing the same thing here. But his works and mine dosnt

The MySQL server is localhost on the server as you can see in the phpMyAdmin screen shot
Laney

30th Mar 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
House mate has hosting with the same company so we are doing the same thing here. But his works and mine dosnt

The MySQL server is localhost on the server as you can see in the phpMyAdmin screen shot

Tried 127.0.0.1 ?

Presuming username/pass is right?
jamesw

30th Mar 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the php page is parsed on the server its fine the address being localhost as the sql server should be on same box as the http server, however running any queries from your PC it will think the sql server is also on your PC. In the MYSQL server text box place the domain name, or IP address of the server your on.

Also as it looks as if your using CPanel you will need to setup "remote sql" so your ISP's ip address is allowed to connect to it remotely.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to the address in the phpmyadmin your database is located at

mycarprofile.890m.com

or is your pc acting as the server?

[Edited on 30-03-2008 by Steve]
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have uninstalled the localhost software from my PC (Was using Sokkit) So I just want to purely use my hosting for the site.

The SQL server and website should be on the same box as phpmyadmin says its on localhost meaning that box.

In cpanel I have set up the remote MySQL connections to be:

%.%.%.%
192.168.0.%

So there shouldn't be a problem connecting too it?

House mate has a hosting account with the same people and his works fine when he sets the MySQL server as localhost then uses his account name and password to connect.

The only difference I can see between us is that I am on server 6 and he is on server 5, cant see that changing anything though.

Really starting to wind me up now. If anyone wants to try setting up the connection using dreamweaver then contact me.
jamesw

30th Mar 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore me mate im talking out of my arse, just tried it myself (also using dreamweaver cs3 and a cpanel box) It appears putting localhost in that box should work, as it seems to run the sql queries on the box its self rather than on your machine. However in the process have ballsed up a cpanel account lol - bare with me going to recreate the account and see if I get further this time.
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me think that the problem is my end, if the house mate can connect to his hosting and database fine then I am struggling to see why I cannot?

I tried with dreamweaver 8 aswell earlier as I didnt uninstall that since installing CS3 aswell. I got the same problem
Dom

30th Mar 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be easier to develop on your own system (using wamp or something) and then just upload the DB and PHP to live server for final testing.

I've had similar problems with dreamweaver and never did manage to solve it.
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im starting to think that may be the best course of action actually....

I just dont see why I can connect via FTP in DW fine. But I cant connect to the SQL DB's
jamesw

30th Mar 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doug - i was getting the exact error you were getting but then managed to get further, after the failure at the top right, it should have 4 steps to setup a connection set 1 should be create a site for the connection, i clicked on this and it gave me details of the site I was already in, after i clicked OK, it would let me go further and testing the connection would work
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am assuming the 'Testing Server' should be my FTP account details and point to public_html/ ?
jamesw

30th Mar 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont really *need* to setup the testing server stuff, for one of my sites i have set testing server as the same ftp as production, but set the folder to public_html/test
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you see any problems in there?
Doug

30th Mar 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted! you can see the problem in the third picture. the URL prefix!

New Poll