corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » End of tenancy.. (Need Advice)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author End of tenancy.. (Need Advice)
Tom B

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My tenancy agreement is up on the 7th Nov, I have previously spoen to the landlord on the phone and agreed to another 6 month contract which i havent signed or even received yet.
A fantastic place has come up in the right area at the right price, we went to view it the weekend and decided to go ahead with it today. They are ok with us moving in and starting the tenacy 1st Dec.
It says in my contract if i wish to end the tenancy i must give 1 months notice, would the safest option just to write a letter to my landlord and date it the Sat 31st Oct or even Sunday 1st Nov? or write one tonight and take it to him personally (with the postal strike etc). Any advice appreciated.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan to me. Just make sure the notice is in his hands and in a months time you're free Doesn't matter if you've previously agreed to another 6months if you haven't signed anything I don't think. He might be pissed tho

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by loafofbrett]
Tom B

2nd Nov 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just hand deliver it then and just say i never had time the weekend. Any ideas what write in the letter? Just keep it simple like?

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by Tom B]
Tom B

2nd Nov 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In accordance with the instructions in the Assured Shorthold Tenancy we would like to give the required period of notice to end our tenancy of the above property. It would be helpful to both parties if we could arrange a mutually convenient time for you to visit during the final week, so that you can check the property and the return of our deposit can be agreed. We would like to thank you for a great 12 months in the property you have been fantastic Landlords. In the mean time do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
Yours Faithfully,

This should be ok??
AndyKent

2nd Nov 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds ok, except I'd take out the bit "contact for more information". They're going to have to contact you anyway to do the inspection, so a bit pointless.

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by AndyKent]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice and fluffy, they should be ok with that!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tom B

4th Nov 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took it up that night and i was actually quite suprised how well he took it, we was talking about the return of the deposit, so everything cool roll on the new place
Tom B

9th Nov 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can landlords only give a good reference or not one at all? Just like starting a new job?
AlexN
Banned

10th Nov 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do what you said, you may have to pay an extra month if he gets really arsey. but be nice, tell him that you will show new tenants round etc

New Poll