corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Flat Share

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flat Share
MarkM

User status: Offline
12th Jul 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't just referring to your reply it was to everyones. Of course circumstances dictate what you can and can't do.

But for everyone to just jump on the stay at home and save bandwagon is a little premature.
James

12th Jul 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I pay £300 a month to live at home so i'm not really living off my parents.

I think people fail to realise that round this area and the area i'm considering getting a flat share, I would be looking at £200k+ for a nice 2 bedroom flat.

While I can comfortably afford the repayment on that sort of mortgage, I don't have £20k+ lying around for a deposit. Saving £660 a month would take about 3 years to save by which time I would be living with my parents at the age of 27.

[Edited on 12-07-2009 by James]
MarkM

12th Jul 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Well I pay £300 a month to live at home so i'm not really living off my parents.

I think people fail to realise that round this area and the area i'm considering getting a flat share, I would be looking at £200k+ for a nice 2 bedroom flat.

While I can comfortably afford the repayment on that sort of mortgage, I don't have £20k+ lying around for a deposit. Saving £660 a month would take about 3 years to save by which time I would be living with my parents at the age of 27.

A lot more than 200k for a 2 bed flat in Clapham mate...probably 300k +!!

One of the reasons I am moving back up north soon is for the very reason you have pointed out - I can afford a hefty mortgage down here but don't have the massive deposit that is needed to get one. Up north the deposit is a lot smaller obviously.
James

12th Jul 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's very frustrating.

I'm tempted to rent in Clapham while saving a decent amount, then getting a BTL back home where it's more affordable (ish) and renting it out.

SAL
Premium Member

20th Jul 09 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lived in house share's since i was 18, now 24. They aint too bad and are a cheaper option to buying a place. I could'nt afford a place on my own so the house-share is my option atm.

I currently rent a double room in a private house on a posh road. I have a double room with my own bathroom, car is on the drive, i have full use of the house inc living room. Have ther place to myself most the time as the owner lives in london most the time. I pay £100 per week but it's lovely having what seem's like my owm place most of the time, I only moved here about two week's ago after meeting a lovely girl and wanting to have a nicer place to live/stay with her.

It aint all bad but i do miss home which would be 200 mile's away from here
Xs

22nd Jul 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sharing with a couple! Imagine sitting in the living room at night with them... no thanks. Better sharing with some single birds then you can try pump them and their friends! WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!
eddiewhiteley

23rd Jul 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have ther place to myself most the time as the owner lives in london most the time. I pay £100 per week but it's lovely having what seem's like my owm place most of the time

so do you have the place to yourself much?

[Edited on 23-07-2009 by eddiewhiteley]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll