corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2.1XE SBD Throttle bodies ready. Got some new wheels.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.1XE SBD Throttle bodies ready. Got some new wheels.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay, I had like a 3 day wait till pay day I was sure someone would get in before me.
£85+postage.
Dale

10th May 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mike loves the old skool irmy bits
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It gives me wood
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th May 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I've had a plan on to see what air fuel ratio is, so I can rule out lack of fuel. So I've bought myself new manifold with a lamba port, because the one I've got hasn't and it's been chopped about a bit and blows

It looks really nice, but it's well short Luckly I did notice when it turned up, so I had to buy some flexi pipe

So I got started on bridging the massive gap:doh:

I'm using my exhaust from my old GSI, glad I kept it now My plan is to use the tube to join up the flexi sections, but it massive, so I used my crimper to reduce the O.D off the pipe

I was just getting going when I had a call out
So I'll finish it of tomorrow
12valver

16th May 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van looks awesome, liking the sport too. Just wondering what have you dropped the sport by? Are they 40mm springs? Just ive got my car sitting at 60mm at the front and its too low for roads around here, and i like the stance on your car, doesnt seem to sit too low.
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th May 10 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are 30mm springs Weitec, they're not harsh and really liveable. I reckon I could keep up with the van on a bumpy road, just because you can use all the power, but with my van it just bonces about

Thank you for the coments
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th May 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only managed a mock up today, got fed up rolling about on a wet floor in the rain

I am worried about how low it will be once on the ground
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd May 10 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a spot of work today, my new link pipe is now sorted no pics but looks the same as the last post but with U-clamps.
All the main stuff is back in, I just need to get some coolant.

I also fitted a new adjustable fan switch, because I broke my last one.
I've also treated the Sport.

It still looks a mess, so I need to tidy up a few things

[Edited on 22-05-2010 by corsadonk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jun 10 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've mostly been collecting bits, because the 4-1 really is a crap fit, and any suspension movement makes it ground out So I bought this from stt, at PVS

Needs a rub down, painting, and hole drilled for the O2 sensor.

After looking into, getting the Alpha ECU mapped, I found out the closest people that could do it is Aldon engineering. Which is like over 2hrs drive
So I went a bit mental:confused:

Sorry about being upside down.
But I splashed out on some Megajolt, and Edis set up.

I've been mincing about trying to mount my VR sensor, I've had a good idea, so off to get some threaded bar.
But I did make some ports, for the map sensor.

Thanks for looking, hope you like.
Dale

20th Jun 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay sell "boss" for the o2 sensor and just weld it on
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jun 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DRS
ebay sell "boss" for the o2 sensor and just weld it on

I've already got a spare one. It's already got one welded on, but it hasn't been drill out. If you know what I mean.

I dropped that money off yesterday.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a few odd's and sod's done today

First off I painted my manifold:confused:

This is my blocked port pic, for Dale.

I've also been trying out a mount for my trigger wheel sensor.

corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have light
I wired in my Megajolt, and the little LED came on.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to fit the Janspeed manifold, will anything be a direct fit?

The flange touched the stat housing, so I had to take the grinder to make it fit, it looks like I've got to make another link pipe:doh:

I did a few other bits, like a mock mount for the coil pack, I've got my new reg in line, I'm gonna get a guage from work and set up the pressure, they fuel pump has some random threads, I think they are called ENOTS, looks like 5/16 uno:confused:
Dale

12th Jul 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you check tank breather mike?
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Jul 10 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old return pipe is flapping in the wind, and the amount the pump flows I can't see it being a problem, but I will have a good look when I plumb the pump in.

The only other thing is my comp ratio, because I've got a 5 layer gasket, but the bloke at Autosprint said I needed a thicker gasket because of the pistons I'm using. But after looking at TV this month, makes my think, he throught I had different ones, but my head had 5 thou taken off it, when it was rebuilt, and I had it skimmed two years before as well
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got lots done today
First off, I fitted my new fuel pump and regulator, and set up the pressure
I out of intrest I tested my R1 pump, to set my new one up to the same pressure, only to have it not even move the needle on the gauge:doh:

I then fitted my crank pulley back on, which I've only just got back from the machine shop

corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then made up a funky little bracket for the Ford coil pack, the Zetec leads are really short, so I needed it close as possable to the plug holes, and I had to hack loads of rubber off the new HT Leads I bought

corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also fitted a vac pipe to each of the tubes on the inlet manifold, then joined them altogether, then joined it to the MAP sensor on the megajolt.

The brass thing is so it evens out the readings from the inlet manifold.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've joined up my exhaust I didn't get any pictures of that sorry. I fitted the carbs back on and pressure tested them with the new fuel pump, just make sure it didn't pour out everywhere

All seems fine, so all I need to do is fit the rad, and anti-roll bar. Then take it to get mapped on wednesday
spankyjames

18th Jul 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, you at tv live?
corsadonk
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If all goes well on Wednesday yeah, if not I'm taking the spanners to it, and it's being stripped.

You?
corsadonk
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YAY, got it running today, only on the dizzy, but it holds revs a 6k on the spot. I didn't want to up set the neighbours too much

My manifold ain't very red now it smoked like a BBQ
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I went to get the Sport MOT'D this morning all was good, and it passed

As I said, I'll try out the van when I got back, so went for a drive to Swindon to get some petrol, all was super, it pulls all the way throught the rev range, so it looks like it's the bike pump at fualt:doh:

Anyway from mine to Swindon is a Roman road so very straight, the first proper roundabout you get to that you have some fun on is in Swindon, I felt a bit of slip, on the O/S wheel so throught I'll boot it harder, and give it a bit more lock, when it looks like the inside of the wheel pushed the oil cooler pipes in to my sensor bracket, which then must of caught the trigger wheel ripping it from the pulley Which made a hell of a noise:eek:

Now I've had the van for about four years, and it's been nothing but trouble from the day I picked it up, I've been planning on getting rid of the shell, because it's knacked, but I'm very very close to throwing in the towel, and breaking all of it.

Please give me your opinion, what do I do?
spankyjames

21st Jul 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what ever you do DONT break it, i love this car and still havent seen it go lol

my shell is the same with yours, its knackered but im re-shelling mine and i think you need to do the same

hope you get it sorted for tv live as i want to see this go (thumbs)

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2.1XE SBD Throttle bodies ready. Got some new wheels. 23 database queries in 0.1986661 seconds