corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the daftest thing you done to been pulled over for?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the daftest thing you done to been pulled over for?
AndyKent

User status: Offline
30th Sep 09 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been pulled in 4 years. None of my mates have either. Don't know why you lot seem to get caught all the time tbh.
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting followed for 3 miles down the m6, blues and twos blaring. Didn't see him. Got pulled for 104.8mph average for 3 miles and only got 3 points and 60 quid fine
Twiggy

30th Sep 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
Getting followed for 3 miles down the m6, blues and twos blaring. Didn't see him. Got pulled for 104.8mph average for 3 miles and only got 3 points and 60 quid fine

jammy bastid!
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Never been pulled in 4 years. None of my mates have either. Don't know why you lot seem to get caught all the time tbh.

I've been pulled a couple of times driving home from the missus' at stupid o clock and them just asking where im going at that time.
Neo

30th Sep 09 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent

I've been pulled a couple of times driving home from the missus' at stupid o clock and them just asking where im going at that time.

Yeah used to happen alot, and on the trip into work at 3am i was pulled alot, simply because i was the only car on the a12 and probably going a bit quick.

Pulled over for no lights on too It wasnt particularly dark, i was going along at the speed limit and the cop didnt see me so almost pulled out in front of me
ryzer

30th Sep 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled for a squealing fan belt once, think it was an excuse to see if i was pissed / car was illegal
Corsa_Quadz

30th Sep 09 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got pulled over for having a black wooly hat on! They thought i had stolen the car i was in!

Cheers Easy
AlunJ

30th Sep 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got pulled once after the cop almost crashed into me in a car park, he was a bit of a twat and for no good reason, as soon as a bunch of chavs went past in a pimped bmw couldn't wait to leave me.
2nd time brake light out and showing as no insurance, had just renewed so he said it doesn't always update straight away, you don't look like someone to drive insured, get the bulb sorted as soon as and let me on my way, he was quite nice tbh.
Never been stopped in the C touch wood
taylorboosh

30th Sep 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stpped a last sat for pressed plates, just told me to change em over, he stood and chatted to me about his new bmw trafic car and about how well mine sat, explained why my plates where illegal because the font couldnt be read by camera so if my car was stolen and they had camera cars on main routes looking for it, then it would slip by un-noticed, also told me to use velcro on plates then i can swap over for shows easily
pow
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning ironically enough, for some shit traffic census.

I have the copper badge number for being an absolute arse to me and a producer to take to slough police station. He didn't seem to understand I was mid way through my 40 minute commute from Windsor to Amersham and really wanted to get to work before the traffic built up.

On the whole though, coppers are nice, i've always been legal and 99% of times i've had dealings with them they have been polite and chatty
Matt L

30th Sep 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

techincally not pulled as i was parked up but that was just to make sure i wasnt doing drugs as i was apparently parked in a place renowned for drug use

then the second time actually pulled over was for the small front plate.

also had a police car slow right down on a dual carriage way and pull over onto a slip road just so id go past him, so he could follow me for a bit (bout 2am in the mornin going to fill up)

all the above were in the corsa

ibiza, yet to be pulled in it, had a police car swing round and follow me when i was wearing a hoody and a hat must of assumed id stolen it but he soon turned off after i assume it came up the car was legit .

really should of bin pulled in it the other day for flying past a police car doing a little over the speed limit but thankfully he just sat behind me and turned off.
Conway563

30th Sep 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever been stopped once because of 'Operation Tonic' which was to try and stop drink driving last christmas

I've always found the police have been fine as long as you show them a bit of respect and I've had plenty of non traffic related dealings with them in the past
johnhara1

30th Sep 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on a promise on Valentines night, was driving to her house when i got caught doing 61 in a 40 zone.

Copper was an arse at first, ripped the keys out my ignition and gave me a bit verbal. He was very dubious about my identity too he even said i wasn't from Newcastle at one point.

He was alright in the end though, i think the matcho attitude is just something they use to try and deter you from commiting the offence again.

All the other dealings i've had with them, they've been sound aslong as i've shown them a bit of respect which i do.

[Edited on 30-09-2009 by johnhara1]
nathy_87

30th Sep 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had my scooter (16 at the time) i got pulled over for riding erratic, copper was following me fora t least 5-7mins with blues & twos on and i didn't realise until I went over some speed bumps Was so funny there was a Focus following and when i had pulled over a 4x4 copper pulled in front of me. Copper was a badger.

But got pulled few months ago about my number plates the ANPR couldn't read them so the officer spoek to me about them and asked me to change them over expalined why etc wasa sound copper tbh. I don't mind if I get pulled over and they are nicely spoken becuase it's their job.
aron

30th Sep 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because my rear wheels didn't look 'normal'
amos

30th Sep 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got pulled for speeding. doing 25mph in a 30 but then they said it was a nice car and wanted a look
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

german plates he wanted to no why i had "D" logo on my plates and asked me to get some made with "GB" on haha he didnt say anything about the font
fazza

30th Sep 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my stepdad got pulled the other week as he was waving his hands in the air and the copper thought he was arguing and kicking off at my mum.

but he was just dancing to george michael on the radio haha

FruitBooTeR

30th Sep 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only got pulled once for speeding, first year of driving in a 12v came out of maccies funny enough and put my foot down got to 60mph in a 30 then blue lights in mirror, nice talk in the back of the car, breath test and let off

Also been followe on the M6 before with blues on as I was just sitting in the middle land 'kroozing a 60' once I moved over he switched them off and sped past.
arden_paul_m

30th Sep 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled over for having a stupidly clean metro gti the policeman said he said it seemed weird how a 17 year old lad would own a metro gti and keep it so standard and clean...he also said the brake light strip on spoiler was illegal DOH!
Eck
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled over as my car looked like a piece of shit and not road worthy
antnee

30th Sep 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only been pulled once, for doing a silly speed in a 30 (although the copper thought it was a 40). Got a producer for it, but they were in a panda car. Was out driving with a mate the other week, who said there was a copper at the junction we just passed, must of been doing 45-50 in a 30, but they didn't follow at all.

All the coppers I have dealt with (from being on the right and wrong side of the law) have been fine, and I have dealt with a fair few! Had police dog car, transit connect van and a panda car outside my house once!
Daimo B

30th Sep 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v

look just because your a coppa it does not mean i have to like them, and you will find plenty more on this site just like me, if you dont like it............................

End of the day, if your legal, and doing nothing wrong, you have no worries. Scampering off like you have something to hide only means they will follow you. You could be smoking drugs, be a drunk driver, anything.

Im sure if you had an accident, or someone was beating you up in the street, I know who you would want there to help you. And it isn't mummy..

We've had cars broken into, bikes stolen, no police help at all, but I don't blame the overall police, I blame the goons who are running them all and taking away their powers.

I've got no silly reasons, they were all perfectly valid reason to pull me over looking back at my youth
Daimo B

30th Sep 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, actually I admitted to a 46mph in a 40 limit, and they gave me 3 points when i first started driving.

But that was my fault for admitting the speed and not keeping quiet as it was just a panda car. Ahhhh we all live n learn
Eck
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Daimo said really, if they are following you and you bolt down side streets it looks like you're trying to get away If you drove along a stretch of road, on what seems like a normal route, they would have eventually left.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the daftest thing you done to been pulled over for? 22 database queries in 0.2024119 seconds