corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do I demand a bigger driveway?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do I demand a bigger driveway?
Colin

User status: Offline
25th Sep 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The house we have bought seemingly only gets a single drive, this is no good as we need a double one.

Sales bint says thats all thats on plan so thats all we get.

Plan -

Every house up to ours (same house type - 5 of them) have been built with a double drive. Ours and the remaining 2 of that type are showing single drives

One explanation we got was that it was because it has a parking bay out front, however, so does this one further along -

I want/need a double drive!!

Anyone know where I stand, if theres any more I can do?
Cavey

25th Sep 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a bus stop in front of yours? That's probably the reason why they won't give you one?

Although there seems to be room with the bits of grass at the side, if they don't wouldn't cost much to put a few paving slabs down on the grass?
Cavey

25th Sep 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh sorry, mis-read, guess that's a "parking bay" out front not a bus-stop?

That's a bit useless really as I guess it's public and anyone can use it?
Colin

25th Sep 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not a bus stop, its a spare/visitor parking bay or whatever you would call it.

Yeah we could do I suppose, or put some chippy stones down until I have the brass to get a nice drive built at a later date. I wanted it all done for me though, move in, room for 2 cars already there!!

Also were getting tar drive instead of mono-block, not bothered about that as much because were paying a lot less than those with the double mono drives did. That plot 4 was sold for £190k, ours £152k.

I just want room for 2 cars!!
Cosmo

25th Sep 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just park on the grass

TBH I dont see why they wont build you a double one as obviously room, would probably cost you something silly though through them and would be cheaper to do yourself...not like you dont have the time.
Cavey

25th Sep 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't you already get a fair bit off the purchase price of it? Can't imagine it costing them much more to tarmac you a double drive instead of single tho, but if they've already taken quite a lot of money off, might be why they won't do it?
Colin

25th Sep 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if im onto a lost cause with the builder extending the tar (?) i'll just stick something down to dump the car on for a year or so (stones, slabs, bark etc?) and then get it all changed out.

I like the slate drives you can get, there not cheap though.....

I would like that right round the house, drive, side path & a patio at the rear. Thats not a quick fix though!!

[Edited on 25-09-2009 by Colin]
Colin

25th Sep 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Just park on the grass

TBH I dont see why they wont build you a double one as obviously room, would probably cost you something silly though through them and would be cheaper to do yourself...not like you dont have the time.

I was thinking about ripping out the grass & reinstating it round the rear (as we only get the front turfed!!) then sticking down chips or bark in the front, not sure if i'd get in trouble for doing that though!!
Cosmo

25th Sep 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt that just coloured concrete made to look like slabs?
Cosmo

25th Sep 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Just park on the grass

I was thinking about ripping out the grass & reinstating it round the rear (as we only get the front turfed!!) then sticking down chips or bark in the front, not sure if i'd get in trouble for doing that though!!

Your house, your grass, can do what the fuck you like with it mate.
Cavey

25th Sep 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it's horrible that "slate" stuff, is insanely slippy when it's wet. I wouldn't recommend it
Colin

25th Sep 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm we'll see what happens then, tbh I'd be happy if the cunts would extend the tar a bit.

I might see if I can hunt down the guy that does it and offer him some cash for a bit more tar!!
Nismo

25th Sep 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just dig the grass up and shingle it, then you have a 2nd drive!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to be careful of the covenants on the property. You might not be able to gravel the front or anything which affects the "image" of the development/plans for a couple of years.

Also sometimes there is silly envioronmental laws which stop the builders giving ORP for more than one car!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Cavey

25th Sep 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AS i was about to say at 2:30ish.

You and/or Jade are down there every other day to take pictures for us lot, so i'm sure you'll bump into them at some time when he's doing it!
mattk

25th Sep 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant alter the outside of a new build for a few years can you not?
Cosmo

26th Sep 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont alter it them, just park on the grass and make the place look like a shit tip....see how happy they are then.

Of course you can replace the grass with stones should you wish, they cant stop you doing that.
WATSON

26th Sep 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you wont be able to alter a new build for the first year, Well we never got to.

I really hate tar drives slight oil mark or anything makes it look like an eye sore!

Our drives pretty fucked up its like a single drive but room for two cars, car in front needs out then its all the pissing about to move the car behind ect
Twiggy

26th Sep 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just stick a few ton in the palm of the company who tamacs all the drives?

They could just play dum
Cavey

26th Sep 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna post about changing the aesthetics of the estate, and the company not wanting it any different than their plans... then I thought, it's Scotland, as if they give a crap.
Rob_Quads

26th Sep 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not the case any more. if you convert a front garden to a drive without permission the council can come along and remove it and returf it then bill YOU for the work.
Cosmo

26th Sep 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Not the case any more. if you convert a front garden to a drive without permission the council can come along and remove it and returf it then bill YOU for the work.

Then Id just park on the grass, make sure I wheel spin every time I leave and see if they prefer another nice looking parking space there or some shitty ripped up grass.
Bonney

27th Sep 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them slate look drives are just concrete, which is imprinted with the design. Can look very good if done right, but if its done wrong, can look very very cheap quickly.

And best of all it won't sink unlike some other drive ways.
M2RTY

27th Sep 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
Them slate look drives are just concrete, which is imprinted with the design. Can look very good if done right, but if its done wrong, can look very very cheap quickly.

And best of all it won't sink unlike some other drive ways.

untill BT or Virgin need to dig a trench to run a cable to your house/water board repipe it etc
BigSte

28th Sep 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you are calling 'slate stuff' is patterned concrete.... basically they lay the concrete, wait for it to set a bit then stamp it with templates....drop some colour on and varnish.

as for being slippy, it's not that bad at all.... more sliipery than tarmac or whatever but ive never slipped on mine

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll