corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » TEAMtalk outburst

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TEAMtalk outburst
Hammer

User status: Offline
20th Mar 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This seemed a bit random to me tbh, i think it's quite a good idea as long as they go to the bottom of the football league and have to work there way up themselves. It works well in Spain why not in England?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2004925,00.html
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beat you to it by a min
Hammer

20th Mar 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it it's just been put up on teamtalk then, i just noticed it there

It looks as if they're trying to tear a shred off him for nothing more than voicing a suggestion
Nath

20th Mar 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not needed IMO. We already have 92 League Clubs, not to mention countless non-league teams, no need for anymore.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just been posted up on SSN, hence why I posted something. I'll delete mine now and post up what I said in here.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think its the right idea. Current reserves play about 19 games a year, and mostly against either poor youth players from other clubs, returning injured players or senior players who have been put in there and not fully commited.

It would brige that gap between youth teams and first teams (18-21) and could hopefully lead to more British talent coming through form top clubs than we have seen lately.

The thing that gets me is...people complain that not enough English talent is coming through compared to the rest of Europe. But when a similar system to what is working for them is mentioned it gets shot down.

I for one hope the top 4 keep buying in foreign talent and not bothering with bringing home grown players though, as until the system is sorted its a waste of money.
Hammer

20th Mar 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Not needed IMO. We already have 92 League Clubs, not to mention countless non-league teams, no need for anymore.

What about in terms of future England stars surely nourishing young players together a tier below the first team and then picking the best ones has a knock on effect for the talent you can pick for the national team? Although in saying that the a lot now seems to be overseas talent at the top teams
Nath

20th Mar 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

What about in terms of future England stars surely nourishing young players together a tier below the first team and then picking the best ones has a knock on effect for the talent you can pick for the national team? Although in saying that the a lot now seems to be overseas talent at the top teams

It'd be unfair for the non-league teams IMO. How will they compete with Reserve teams when Reserve teams don't have to worry about survival and finances.
topshot_2k
Banned

20th Mar 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

It'd be unfair for the non-league teams IMO. How will they compete with Reserve teams when Reserve teams don't have to worry about survival and finances.

agreed.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then maybe its time for people to stop moaning at the big four for not bringing through English talent when the system isnt there to do so?
Hammer

20th Mar 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True then you'd have other clubs wanting to have their reserve teams allowed to compete along with the big teams which would be another debate.

What about a fully functioning reserve league sponsors, tv deal the lot? or is this just not feasible? I know i'd watch as many games as i can of my own team reserve youth full team the lot.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is that you'd still have the problem there is now...not enough quality players in that league. And it mainly being full of people coming back from injury and first team players put in there to keep their fitness up and not giving it their all.
Marc

20th Mar 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea wanted to create Chelsea B for their reserves too.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it isnt just us who want it. Im sure Arsenal and Utd would want it too.
Hammer

20th Mar 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a lot of wasted talent sitting in the stands at the big 4 especially Chelsea with their buying policy. The only way round that just now is loaning them out and a lot of managers don't like that idea be it for whatever reason.

If they were able to play in a lower league but still stay under the first teams umbrella and utilised the way the first team manager wanted guys like Mourinho would be happier.
Tom

20th Mar 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's the right way to go aswell, I was only really alerted to it by mourinho a few months back, I can understand the view of the people interested in the smaller clubs/leagues but I like watching top level leagues and it would help develop the competetiveness of young english players too.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There is a lot of wasted talent sitting in the stands at the big 4 especially Chelsea with their buying policy. The only way round that just now is loaning them out and a lot of managers don't like that idea be it for whatever reason.

If they were able to play in a lower league but still stay under the first teams umbrella and utilised the way the first team manager wanted guys like Mourinho would be happier.

exactly.

Id rather there be an age limit set on it though, so it is mainly used for youth development and not to keep players happy...obviously with the exception of returning injured players.

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by Cosmo]
Tom

20th Mar 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
quote:
quote:

agreed.

They would compete much in the same way as they do now, it's a waste leaving such good plaers in such a shit league. The smaller clubs should evolve the same as everyone else imo.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if the lower clubs are playing against better players it could attract bigger crowds and benefit others in that league.
Mather.16v

20th Mar 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
then maybe its time for people to stop moaning at the big four for not bringing through English talent when the system isnt there to do so?

tbf man utd and im sure the rest are bring threw alot of young talent, maybe not the biggest premiership stars ronaldo's drogba's for instance but from man utd the likes of Jones, McShane, Evans, Foster are imo good enough (maybe in time) to play at premiership and championship level
Tom

20th Mar 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

exactly.

Id rather there be an age limit set on it though, so it is mainly used for youth development and not to keep players happy...obviously with the exception of returning injured players.

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by Cosmo]

Age limit would be good yeah but then people will question why youth leagues aren't just developed more. I honestly think young english players need to experience real games and real pressure or we'll keep losing our quarter final euro and world cup games on penalties. We have a very strong 1st team for england but they'll keep losing there bottle in big games if they have no-one to push them, we need as many young experienced players to challenge them as possible.
Tom

20th Mar 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
quote:

tbf man utd and im sure the rest are bring threw alot of young talent, maybe not the biggest premiership stars ronaldo's drogba's for instance but from man utd the likes of Jones, McShane, Evans, Foster are imo good enough (maybe in time) to play at premiership and championship level

No-one questioning the talent though, but the fact you put (maybe in time) show's how much confidence we have in young (ultimately inexperienced) players reaching their potential. At the end of the day the premiership aren't gonna start having english only players so the needs of these talented young players and our national team need to be addressed.

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by Tom]
Marc

20th Mar 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There loads, Martins, Rossi, Pique, Jones, Simpson, Lee.

They won't get a game in the first team, but look at the injuries we've had recently when we could have doen with the likes of Rossi and Jones.
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yeah, we all have them coming through. But its a case of those kind of players needing proper football experience between youth levels and first team (like Foster now), and they just dont get that, and that probably prevents a lot of the development of players who could potentially be great.
Nath

20th Mar 07 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think although alot of Reserves don't get to properly compete, the current systme where by most 'big' clubs loan out youngsters works fine. It's proper football, with real rewards. A reserve team playing in a normal league will devalue it IMO. The likes of Grays Athletic will get trounced by Chelski Reserves.

IMHO it's Premiership managers looking out for themselves again. There is already too much money at the top without the possibilty of their Reserves winning stuff and generating money too.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » TEAMtalk outburst 23 database queries in 0.2423770 seconds