corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe icons

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe icons
elliott023

User status: Offline
30th Jul 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about euro now isnt it, any way u cant compare a saxo to a corsa lol
FruitBooTeR

30th Jul 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Was there many or any decent high powered corsa / nova LET's around back at the time you are all referring too?

A few, but none turned up. Was not happy about it. Got let down in "the morning" we were all waiting....

But from both sides, ahd a 280bhp SC saxo let us down, a 300+bhp turbo'd one that blew the gearbox 1 week before, and the couldn't get a replacement.

tbh, the whole day was a let down from initial plans, but its becuase people kept pulling out. We started with 20 cars from each side, ended up with 5-10 on each side

Renton was well into his corsas, so funded it all, but doubt they would do it again. U'd need to speak to Total Vauxhall to get another shot methinks.

I didnt just mean the corsa vs saxo day I mean like between 2000-2003 in general.... was a corsa LET much more uncommon than it is today for instance?

Was there any legendary ones? Nic you started yours in 2005 didnt you? did you get inspiration off anyone?
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were a very few scattered about Anup was one of the first on here really (Previous Thundercat Car, prior to its defication )

tbh, XE's were going in as early as 1999/2000, they started to become more popular and common when M-Tec first produced the conversion kit with instructions so people could do them at home..

Queue Lee Mitchell......

There was a Scottish chap on here, quite balshy, like me He had a standard LET and was putting in 13.9 1/4 miles at Crail.

All of a sudden, XE's were everywhere, a literally months after that, the LET's all started to appear (presumably as Nova owners scrapped their rusting shells and put the engine in somethign better ) poke poke Nova owners
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Was there any legendary ones? Nic you started yours in 2005 didnt you? did you get inspiration off anyone?

no not really. only inspiration ive ever had was seeing how far you can get tuning/building an engine on the driveway.
Wrighty

30th Jul 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Wrighty, come back with some information then?

You've STILL not put anything?

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by VXR]

erm..

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty

i dont have any facts anymore its all long gone..i stopped messing with these cars when i was a teenager so everything to do with them is long gone on my old HD's.

elliott023

30th Jul 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reacon nics build has influenced quite a lot of recent LET builds tbh, all the top LET builds are highly tuned as far as i know ....
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Teenager? How old are you now?

Im just trying to work out my dates here, did your "mate" own it before or after it was built.

CvS day was only 7 years ago, so not that long. And your not a teen, but you aint exactly "matured" yet either (hey, im not one to talk, but then i know what im writing about).

Steve didn't sell it for a good 2 years or so after CvS day, so thats down to max of 5 years...

Which isn't really that long.

So are you a drug fuelled hippy that can't remember any fact froma few years ago?

Hey man, i smoke the drugs, but your memorys gone "to pot" as it were
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Teenager? How old are you now?

Im just trying to work out my dates here, did your "mate" own it before or after it was built.

CvS day was only 7 years ago, so not that long. And your not a teen, but you aint exactly "matured" yet either (hey, im not one to talk, but then i know what im writing about).

Steve didn't sell it for a good 2 years or so after CvS day, so thats down to max of 5 years...

Which isn't really that long.

So are you a drug fuelled hippy that can't remember any fact froma few years ago?

Hey man, i smoke the drugs, but your memorys gone "to pot" as it were

i have to say, as far as being an internet wanker goes, you beat me by absolute miles
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, Im just speak what I believe to be the truth, with some reasoning behined my statements.

I don't just put "fastest XE in the UK" and expect to not be questioned about it.

And if i DID write a statement like that, i'd be damn sure I had all the facts first.

Not being an internet w4nker, just disclosing the truth behined those who like to create false claims, or whatever reason they have.

When im wrong, and prooved so, I always have no problem in apologising. Its that simple for me. Lier, or no lier.

Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Its that simple for me. Lier, or no lier.

bad speller, or no bad speller? i proved your the latter. now apologise.
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor finger work you mean.

Is that not how you spell lier?

If not, I apologise

PS, found some mags, will scan in tonight.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Poor finger work you mean.

Is that not how you spell lier?

If not, I apologise

PS, found some mags, will scan in tonight.

it maybe is i thought it was liar though. i dont have a good grasp of the english language as im a foreigner anyway.

scan away please. be good to see the article. i can remember it from back in the day. reckon i have the mag also.
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G'dammit, yeah now u've written it, it is liar

Sorry

Grrr i've only found Donnas pile of mags, still gotta find my ones
Wrighty

1st Aug 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
No, Im just speak what I believe to be the truth, with some reasoning behined my statements.

I don't just put "fastest XE in the UK" and expect to not be questioned about it.

And if i DID write a statement like that, i'd be damn sure I had all the facts first.

Not being an internet w4nker, just disclosing the truth behined those who like to create false claims, or whatever reason they have.

When im wrong, and prooved so, I always have no problem in apologising. Its that simple for me. Lier, or no lier.

iv just turned 22 damien fyi, but anyway

Right, first off i quote 'ex fastest 2l in the uk', ok you think iv said 'THE fastest 2l in the uk' yes? well i havnt. im guessing it was 'one of'

mr Barley as he is known, built that car seen from a pov spec corsa and took it to that day at brunters, and everyone took the pish as he had mudflaps to protect his 4.5k flippy paintjob (which i can believe if the place was full of people like you)

on my old computer i used to have a 2 page spec list of it (im talking 3 years ago, i no longer have that), this from what i have now heard is probably only part of the spec. this car from what iv heardhad thousands spent on it, the SBD kit was infact 245 kit, so 245bhp? it also had titanmium engine parts, performance cams and some other stuff - what that is i dont know and probably never will. from what i know this was never rolling roaded by mr Barley- and if you were there can you tell me what position it finished? 2nd? is that correct?

The owner now, lived in my town until he recently moved, the car now resides on his dad farm locally, and he has been offered £2000 for it

at no point have i lied about someone elses car, or claimed what you think i said, go back to page one and read agian. now will you kindly step down off your high horse, and stop being petty over the interenet making out iv said something i havnt- i dont know you so even if you were attempting a bit of banter by putting smileys on your posts, you can gtf, i can tell by the fact you smoke drugs are a full on looser and have just proved so.

i havnt got any facts anymore but i dont need them to prove anything.

[Edited on 01-08-2009 by Wrighty]
ed

1st Aug 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Also, don't encourage Daimo B. He's a troll.
See what I mean. How many days has this gone on for?
Wrighty

1st Aug 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for making my point

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe icons 22 database queries in 0.0126719 seconds