corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe icons

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe icons
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
30th Jul 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

(ive never known anyone to know so much about other people and other peoples cars without even knowing the person themselves)

Im playing, god people read too much into things

Do you not think he went through the spec before he attended the event? Never spoken to him, or nothing.

Nope, he just turned up, done a few runs, went home. Never spoke to him, never looked at car, never noted times, never orgenised the whole day, bar booking brunters and the equipment at all

I will go back to my hole in the corner

no i was just saying you seem to know far too much about people you dont know. just seems weird.

Wrighty

30th Jul 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
PS, the fastest NA 2.0 Corsa recorded is still Lucky B's (in the modified car world).

Fastest 1/4 mile NA 2.0 is GAZ purple one.

Unfortunatly, Steve, the guy that owned the car and had the work done, could not put down the times anywhere near what Lucky's was doing.

It was also on an SBD 225 kit, unlike Luckys who was running over 250...

Not to mention there are XE's out there running over 300bhp, so im sitll a little confused where the claim comes from.

Sure if you've got some facts, i'll listen. But to put such a brash comment, then a sh1tty reply back???? Go figure? Or go back to McDonalds

i dont have any facts anymore its all long gone..i stopped messing with these cars when i was a teenager so everything to do with them is long gone on my old HD's. if i did id post what i did have. ok so 2 people were at a saxo v corsa day sooo what - what if it had stuff done to it since then? i suppose youd still know wouldnt you? huh?

brash comment? clearly stating you dont know the car anymore? now your insulting me saying i work at mcdonalds coz you think you know a car better then the guy that has it now? ok damien

you, win.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
PS, the fastest NA 2.0 Corsa recorded is still Lucky B's (in the modified car world).

Unfortunatly, Steve, the guy that owned the car and had the work done, could not put down the times anywhere near what Lucky's was doing.

Not to mention there are XE's out there running over 300bhp, so im sitll a little confused where the claim comes from.

Sure if you've got some facts, i'll listen. But to put such a brash comment, then a sh1tty reply back???? Go figure? Or go back to McDonalds

i dont have any facts anymore its all long gone..i stopped messing with these cars when i was a teenager so everything to do with them is long gone on my old HD's. if i did id post what i did have. ok so 2 people were at a saxo v corsa day sooo what - what if it had stuff done to it since then? i suppose youd still know wouldnt you? huh?

brash comment? clearly stating you dont know the car anymore? now your insulting me saying i work at mcdonalds coz you think you know a car better then the guy that has it now? ok damien

you, win.

why did you bother typing a reply? your wrong, and always will be wrong. give up and move along to the impreza forum (is something daimo will predictably come back with)
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no i was just saying you seem to know far too much about people you dont know. just seems weird.

I pay attention to what people put. I remember....
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

I pay attention to what people put. I remember....

whats my inlet made with?
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you, win.

Your right, I do.... Now go back and read the rest of the comments after this one... And then maybe answer the questions asked?

I never said you worked at McDonalds. I said go back to McDonalds.. Also followed by so as to keep it mellow toned.

Or is it that i am correct, your not actually sure, put a comment which you knew would get a reply back (fastest XE), then get on the defensive.

ANd STILL fail to add any facts... I can remember from 02, and im a stoner.. Surley you can remember if its such an "ICON" (queue post title)...

I remember it well, and it wasn't such an icon for me?

Nic, you do love to rallye support in your causes don't you Oh lordy.
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Metal.
jr

30th Jul 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Nic, you do love to rallye support in your causes don't you Oh lordy.

no, i think your alright really.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Metal.

cant argue with that
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but anyway....

i remember back in about 2000 odd when i went to crail and first time i ever seen that lucky b car. wasnt owned by him then was the fella that built it. it was mental. raped a p1 up the strip time and time again. fastest i ever seen it get was a 13.3. back then for fwd, that was mental. will see if i got the pics of it still.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have a video of it but cant find it. crazy car back then.

fella got the engine out of a formula ford car or something that used to do a race series at knockhill. this is what he told me anyway.

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by Nic Barnes]
Wrighty

30th Jul 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

you, win.

why did you bother typing a reply? your wrong, and always will be wrong. give up and move along to the impreza forum (is something daimo will predictably come back with)

Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrighty, come back with some information then?

You've STILL not put anything?

Write somethign decent about the car instead of arguing about a comment you put, and we'll listen more.

Otherwise, Owned

nic, yeah I remember Lucky bought the car off of someone after they had just rebuilt it. He wouldn't tell anyone what the official spec was, but secretly, i don't think he knew himself?

Was bloody bloody fast though. Far quicker than a comparitive Phase 2 280+bhp LET in a corsa. The Let had a surge of huge power, then died off as the revs rose (normal). Luckys always stayed in the power band due to 8500rpm changes. Im sure it had less torque, but when in the rev range, it went like a "Vtec yo with a rocket up its ass....."

Its on those vids I posted anyway.

See at least im adding some info, rather than Wrightys rudeboy brash un-substained comments.

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by VXR]
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats fastest times that white corsa has ever done when it was at the gps day?
Ojc

30th Jul 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Redline stated on the day it's the fastest FWD car they had ever seen or tested by a long long way. Let me dig out the picture I took of everyones times.
Ojc

30th Jul 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't find it, bums.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was either a 13.3 or a 13.2 i seen it get. but it consistantly got 13.5's almost all day long. my nova used to get a 14.2 average and it made mine look like it was going backwards.
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whats fastest times that white corsa has ever done when it was at the gps day?

0-60 was 4.97.

I'll have to get all the middle times. I know the 1/4 mile wasn't that good due to Brunters concrete surface, I think it was a 13.1 @ ? mph. That car should have made a high 12 though at Pod I think.

i'll have to pop into the loft tonight, see if I can dig out the old feature. If i find it, i'll scan the whole lot in

Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its pretty damn good considering how many years ago that was. crazy to think these days road legal fwd vauxhalls in this country managing an 11.2. just nuts.
FruitBooTeR

30th Jul 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was there many or any decent high powered corsa / nova LET's around back at the time you are all referring too?
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, and back then the only tuning goodies were SBD's TB kits. Jenvy was only just coming out with kits, otherwise there wasn't much really in the car tuning world (loads for racing if you knew where to look, and at that age, I didn't ).

Also shows how far modified tuning cars have come. Back then it was more show and no go. Its flipped now. I bet if we done another CvS day we'd have double the amount of cars from both camps.
Daimo B

30th Jul 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Was there many or any decent high powered corsa / nova LET's around back at the time you are all referring too?

A few, but none turned up. Was not happy about it. Got let down in "the morning" we were all waiting....

But from both sides, ahd a 280bhp SC saxo let us down, a 300+bhp turbo'd one that blew the gearbox 1 week before, and the couldn't get a replacement.

tbh, the whole day was a let down from initial plans, but its becuase people kept pulling out. We started with 20 cars from each side, ended up with 5-10 on each side

Renton was well into his corsas, so funded it all, but doubt they would do it again. U'd need to speak to Total Vauxhall to get another shot methinks.
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the time when days like saxo vs corsa are all passed now. nobody seems botherd in anything. ive noticed a lot of modified car scene in terms of performance isnt really happening as much in the last 12 months.
DaveB

30th Jul 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VegasPhil/Wright/Nic; Thanks lads, means alot

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe icons 22 database queries in 0.1913350 seconds