corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Upgraded Head Unit ;-)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Upgraded Head Unit ;-)
Daimo B

User status: Offline
18th Feb 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, i've got the Pioneer DEH6300R head unit. Well chuffed, soooooo many sound functions, only let down is a poor Pause button. But, i've been offered a Pioneer 8400 MP3/CD head unit (display slides down 2 show 2 displays).
Just wondered if anyone had any feedback on this head unit, or any mates, opinions etc.

Chears

[Edited on 18-02-2003 by Daimo B]
Daimo B

18th Feb 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, i've had the 6300 running the old system, thats why i rate it so highly.

Its up for sale too
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

18th Feb 03 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Nakamichi CD 500 to go in my new car to replace my top of the range Panasonic
Daimo B

18th Feb 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats no answer? No good to me
MC Kustoms

18th Feb 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U a guy called GILDON on here i no he has 1 of these head units
Richie

18th Feb 03 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen many great reviews on the headunit and for the high end pioneer, you'll get nothing but quality.
Kris TD

18th Feb 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine or nakamichi is the only way to go daimo, dont bother with pioneer cr4p
Meat-Pie-SRI

18th Feb 03 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or TD's eh???
corb

19th Feb 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the earlier mpdels of those units, serial numbers starting with BP and some others were faulty, wouldnt touch one if i was you
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it was nicked from Halford
Getting the Head Unit
6 Disk Changer
Some kinda Pioneer TV box control thingy.

Kris, correction, if u read my top post, i am very ahppy witht eh 6300 head unit. Its got more sound functions that any head unit i've ever seen. Its a bloody good head unit. Only snag is the bad pause button.

Cheers Corb. I doubt its faulty, the blokes only had it a few weeks and i trust him.
grigglet33

19th Feb 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo I have not had any problems with the head unit so no need to worry. LOL nicked from Halfords
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U wern't meant to post

Aye, deffo have it off u. Got the money, well, half of it, just gotta sell my head unit now.
grigglet33

19th Feb 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Well, it was nicked from Halford
Getting the Head Unit
6 Disk Changer
Some kinda Pioneer TV box control thingy.

Kris, correction, if u read my top post, i am very ahppy witht eh 6300 head unit. Its got more sound functions that any head unit i've ever seen. Its a bloody good head unit. Only snag is the bad pause button.

Cheers Corb. I doubt its faulty, the blokes only had it a few weeks and i trust him.

So its got more functions regard sound than my Alpine 7893R??? I doubt it, I have found loads and there are still some I aint found. Its mad how many there are!!
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, u've got about 3 settings on each pitch, as well as the normal, extra bass, classic, etc presets. U can store 3 of ur own preset sound setups, Sub power, sub htz, mid htz, high pitch htz.

I dunno, would have to see the alpine, but i've nto seen an alpine yet with as many sound variations. But then i've not seen any high spec models. But for £300 ive not seen one yet
Kris TD

19th Feb 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont personally have an alpiune i got a kenwood, but to be honest from comparing the 2 in my car the alpine sounded far superior
u can get the alpine mp3 for less than 300, just a thought, depends what your after i guess. but then if your spending that sort of money i would hope anything is bloody good.
bluecorsaSXi

19th Feb 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey daimo, ive got one of them 8400mps, and it is fukin sweet!!!!
i had the p9000r before, and was happy with that, u dont need a xover really!! this 8400 is amazing!!! has even more sound control and looks sh!t hot!! they still havent made a seperate pause button though (which would be nice), and the remote is still useless!! but otherwise i havent had any probs since i put it in back in november!! definately get, espeacially if u are gettin it cheap!
corb

19th Feb 03 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So grigglett, u nicked from halfords, hmmmmm, i dunno, i also work for halfords, hmmmmm, only mjoking mate. I doubt it was really stolen from halfords was it, Daimo? Grigglett? Personally from the choice in our audioboard at work i prefer the alpine 7893 and if its the flashing lights and dolphin displays u want to draw attention, then get a screen!
Daimo B

20th Feb 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, Grigglett did not steal it from Halfords. Not saying any more.

Who says im not saving for a screen

I wasn't asking to compare head units with any others, i just wanted to knmow what people thought of the 8400.

So, Bluecorsa, still no pause button Arse, means i'll have to sit in the car at sound offs.
bluecorsaSXi

20th Feb 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u can work a miracle u could use the ATT button on the remote, but i doubt it would work from outside the car!!!
corb

20th Feb 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, of ur competing db drag, then u'll be disqualified if you hit over 140dB whilst inside the vehicle, just the rules mate, sorry
TOMAS

21st Feb 03 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have it so you can mount the deck outside the vehicle in a stand or something... propa dB drag! Pioneers have a lot of fault issues. I have alpine, couldnt want anymore in a h.unit.. 6band eq, 24db 6ch crossovers, 6ch time delay... quality thru and thru.
Daimo B

21st Feb 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
daimo, of ur competing db drag, then u'll be disqualified if you hit over 140dB whilst inside the vehicle, just the rules mate, sorry

Aye i know that. Got 142.9db last year, wrong CD.

Im not going into events, i just wanna get a good reading on the car. Hopefully should hit around 144-145db this year.

Would be great, Car would ahve Massive ICE, re-trimmed interior, fully styled up engine bay, fully custom styles bodywork.

Ohhhhhhh i can't wait till D4 is done
corb

22nd Feb 03 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines booked in now for bodywork, psg wide kit, bad boy bonnet and flush boot. Being done at desmonds, sorry daimo but it was cheaper than others and his actual work looks quite good.
corb

22nd Feb 03 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah, and can you sort bluewater meet for mid june so i'llhave me car back and sorted . cos if its may then i might not have my car and then miss out on the meet

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll