corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B headunit advice please.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B headunit advice please.
Hornet Boy

User status: Offline
1st Oct 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My g/f has just got herself a Corsa B, and is fed up with the shitty casette player, so i said she could have my old head unit.

Is it the same as fitting a normal head unit, cos the dispay that says the station name etc. is up on the centre bit, not actually on the head unit. Or is it gonna be a pain in the arse???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mase
Premium Member

1st Oct 03 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any DIN sized head unit will fit, although not all head units support the MFD (the display at the top of the dash). Best bet is to go into an audio shop, and they will show you some headunits that can be fitted with a cable that means that the MFD can be used. I think some sony's and Kenwood's can do this. I know that you can get these cables from halfords cos thats where i work. Hope i've helped

Steve

Mase
RobHayes

1st Oct 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my MFD only goes off with the radio. i turned the AF function on the headunit off when in CD moe. can u get one of those cables to allow the MFD 2 function correctly for sony cdx m800 (think thats the code)
mike16v

1st Oct 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the MFD doesnt work with my alpine h/u

New Poll