corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new headunit and power

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new headunit and power
Deejeh

User status: Offline
12th Jul 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently installed a new headunit in my Corsa B, problems is that.....if i have the air conditioning up high then the power to the headunit just cuts out if i turned the air conditioning down to about 1 or 2 then the headunit kicks back in again, does anyone know what might be wrong ???
Richie

12th Jul 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your headunit isnt getting enough power. There are 2 remedies, but doing both will sort it out for sure.

1. Upgrade the live and earth wires for the headunit, so it can recieve more current.

2. Buy a new battery, cos it seems you are due for one.
Deejeh

12th Jul 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh, i thought it was something to do with the power......the old radio unt for the corsa was running on a 5amp fuse, this new unit is running on a 15 amp fuse, the batter is apparently new from when i bought the car a few weeks ago, so do u think its the wiring that needs the upgrade ?

New Poll