corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GLS (time to make it look nice)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My GLS (time to make it look nice)
Jonny.N

User status: Offline
5th Sep 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate any better pics of the rear pannel?
Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope sorry no better pics of the rear panel, if theres anything you need to know about it im sure i can help you out.
Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i decided to do a bit of tarting up today, had to go get a load of spray paint lol

first off i decided to whip the front bumper and O/S wheel arch trim and inner arch liner out to inspect any rust damage this is what i found

so thought ok not to bad, need to take the car round to my dads as he's rater good at doing any filling and spraying so going to get him to do it. i got a quote of tom at lemass and altho its a good quote for the amount of work needed, i still dont have a job so got to do it on a shoe string budget.

so finaly the car loked like this

and the front bumper lkes like this

needs 1 more coat and it will be finnished
Richardhhha

10th Sep 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update

well after finnishing the front bumper to an acceptable level (needs to be done profeshonaly but it dont look to bad) this is how she looks

so cracked on with a little rust fixing.. some k rust and a few coats of prmer later we have this

this is the mess that is the O/S/F arch.. needs taking off so that my dad can do the repair properly but as he's very very ill atm he aint able to do jack. so this is how its got to stay till he's better

remember i sprayed the front bumper.. well i did it to the front arch trims aswell.. not 100% but a lot better than before atleats they are a uniform black now..

then i found a bit on the bottom of the OSR door that is annoying the hell out of me... i tryed fixing some rust but used thee wrong paint and didnt do it properly so my dads got to do this aswell

and finaly what do you do to your misses when she's sat doing bugger all....

you get her cleaning the interior of your car lol

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/8672/Corsa_GLS_78.JPG[img]

thats it for now need to get 2 new rear arches and to bond them on but its going to take a while now..
stu_c

10th Sep 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and finaly what do you do to your misses when she's sat doing bugger all....

you get her cleaning the interior of your car lol

thats it for now need to get 2 new rear arches and to bond them on but its going to take a while now..

Richardhhha

10th Sep 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know it. if they are there they must get stuck in and do something.. got her to put the bumper on my old GSi when i had it lol
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Sep 09 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich didn't you get my email just before i left, gimme a call mate

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Richardhhha

12th Sep 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hay tom yeah i did mate and they are a cracking price but im broke atm and need to stop it rusting so going to do this for now till i have money to burn then the cars going to you! Them possobly going to davey for a nice engine change! Here them prices are they for both front and rear doors or just one door?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah basically spilt up into one side, then the other, congrats on become a dad though, wont have much time for the car now eh

Richardhhha

14th Sep 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ie wont have much time.. when i get a job its comming to you tho think you can do the doors and wings in a week?? then it will be another week later down the line to do the bumpers and bonnet/tailgait?

hopefully will be getting a call later today about a job

yeah im so happy, he's amazing.. little blighter last night mind but thats all fun and games lol
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Sep 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will be able to that in under a week no worries, just let me know when

Richardhhha

14th Sep 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excelent mate will let you know when i can bring it to you.
Richardhhha

24th Sep 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i found some more time to do things for the car...

after sorting out the front arch trims the other week i bonded the NS to the wing... looks good but its the rust on the bottom of the OS wing thats bugging the crap out of me sooooo

off to the scrappy i went

went orrigenaly to pick up 2 rear arch trims but i found a really good condishen white 3dr... so thoght ah fuck it wings are really clean and not rusted to buggery so whipped them off and had them aswell.. and also found a fare few corsa's with black interior plastics so going to go back and find them again when i have a job and can afford a dash and trim bits

so todays exploits are

N/S/F wing
O/S/F wing
N/S/R arch trim
O/S/R arch trim
N/S/R door seal

all for £20

was going to grab a bonnet i found there aswel but throught further inspection there was far to much rust and it was showing on the edges of the bonet... so going to keep hunting for one of them oh and a N/S/F door as the one i have on ther was off a combi van and has been re skinned at one point and doesnt sit right..

will get pics up of wings and arche trims all back on when i get a spare 5 minuits to actualy do it tomorrow

Rich
Richardhhha

26th Sep 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i got cracking and did the front end today, both wings on also can anyone tell me whats new with the car? And a big update when i get the pic's on the pc

[Edited on 26-09-2009 by Richardhhha]
Richardhhha

26th Sep 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as i said heres a fairly pic heavy update lol

first we have the removal of wings

then the replacment of wings

then bumper has to go back on but first who can tell me whats different about my front bumper and front of my car?

well heres the front end all built back up again

and the obvious shiny wing pics

now the most important part of this update...

yes yes its only a gromit but its been pissing me off for about a month now.

and just a quick reminder of how far the cars come

from this

to this

now im just sorting out the arch trims then its going to get a good clean and im awating a email of tomnova about sorting the bodywork out propperly..

Rich
Anth.s

4th Oct 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
well as i said heres my car as it stands now

some of my unfortunatly damaged interior trim

were did you get the carbon bits from m8?
Then i looked under the bonnet as i saw a little smoke coming from under there.. wasnt to happy when i found a little oil leak so needs a new cam cover and a good clean.

also just got the road tax today so waiting on the disk to turn up so i can then book it in at Lemass and have the boot welded and then its drivable again

what you lot think? i know the rear bumper is a little higher on one side but come on the bugger was written off and i've fixed it with a hamer and a lot of patience

Richardhhha

5th Oct 09 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
MarkSport

5th Oct 09 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
??

were did you get the carbon bits from m8?

found it hiding in your post
Richardhhha

5th Oct 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got them done by Dismos off here (DimDG)

have to ahve them imported from greece but they are ace and dont really cost to much ether
Richardhhha

27th Oct 09 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well a little update really

got some led's from crazy led's the other day so thought i better fit them as its a little annoying driving at night just about able to see the speedo...
this is where the fun began... basicly i changed the bulbs and everything and as its a manuel speedo i had to disconect that from the box which was fine its putting the bugger back on thats the problem... bloody thing the end of the cable is all chewed up and the speedo dont work...

so its off to vaux tomorrow on the bus to spend £40 on a new cable..

anyone got any tips for changing it?
Richardhhha

28th Oct 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well payed for the cable today, they didnt have one in stock so had to order it in which isnt a biggy really, but what fucks you off is when they call you as your getting on the bus at the bus depo to do the last bit of your journey home....

little buggers, takes over a hour to get there on public transport but only about 15 minuits in the car.... i miss my car

oh and anyone after a good condition SS janspeed center and rear please buy mine lol
flybikeslee

28th Oct 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play for all the work
Richardhhha

28th Oct 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks.. im loosing interest in the car now as im broke and dont have a job atm so no money...

really need to find a job so i can give it to tom and have him make her look really nice
Richardhhha

28th Oct 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today was fun.. Got over to vaux and picked up my speedo cable, got to my raisents and realised that the sodding thing comes in 2 halfs and i could have saved money.. So went about fitting it.. Oh the fun i had when it would only go in 2 few mm so thought ok the speedo drive is full of crap.. Nope its full off the rest of the old cable all of 5 to 6mm of solid metal bloody car.. So speedo drive came out and so did the picks, half hour later still not working so a quick call to vauxhall.. 1 speedo drive will be 50.19p sir, yeah like Fuck, so grabbed my dad's drill and decided in going to have to drill the fucker out, hour later i finaly get a result as the speedo drive is finaly clear of all the crap so happy days, stuck it all back together and its all working ace now, pretty good really as i got a phone call a few hours ago from my mate who's had some bad luck, tools have been nicked from work and his aunt has died, and his car has been smashed up all within a day of each other.. So going to see him and make sure he's ok.
Richardhhha

11th Nov 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cars driving me nuts now..

drove it down the shops yesterday to put some money on my oister card, that was all fine..

i pulled out of the car park and started off up the road, then bang felt like i had stuck the car in 1st when i was doing 30mph rev's shot up car made a nasty banging noise, and the speedo stopped working...

so thought oh fuck sake whats gone wrong now, got back home and it was driving all ok after its little piss about,

so had to take it over to my dad's today to check out whats wrong with it, car decided it wanted to cut out every time you came to a set of traffic lights (its a cable driven speedo) and now its ideling at 500rpm and missing slitghtly and hunting aswell. its over fueling like a bitch and is killing the cat which isnt good..

so anyway got it to my dad's place and wipped out the batery so i could get to the speedo drive, took off the speedo cable and guess what... the bloody speedo cable has snaped off inside the speedo drive again, the damn things only a few weeks old, so i need a new one, and then i can fin out why the cars running like a sack of shit aswell im not a happy person at the moment

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GLS (time to make it look nice) 24 database queries in 0.2026260 seconds