corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GLS (time to make it look nice)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My GLS (time to make it look nice)
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
20th Jul 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think im doing to bad for someone who never has done any body work before..

just want to get a decent welder now so i can make everything lol
Richardhhha

28th Jul 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well small update today

decided to seal up any water traps with some tiger seal, and also undersealed all the inner arches... and finnished spraying the rear panel and light sockets, so looks all shiney now... so now just waiting on a mate to weld the floor well if he gets his arse into gear and welds it up..

should be getting a tailgait on friday and a few more bits like weather strip, lamp units, number plait lamp ect..
Richardhhha

31st Jul 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got my finger out today and went down the scrappys. came home with a good condition tail gait, boot rubber and interior plastics. all in all £30 not to bad

decided to take a better pic of the rear panel for you all

and i decided to spray the rear bumper

i know i know it looks shit but i dont care atm as its now white and will just be stuck on the car till i can be arsed to pay a profesional to spray it propperly

anyways i set about fitting and running the wiring for the tail gait.

as you can see in the pic me dad's having a look as it seems the rear panel still needs a little fettling to get it to fit 100%

thats it for now, going to get the tail gait fitting 100% tomorrow and put the rear bumper on then i will sort out the hand break cables
Adam-D

31st Jul 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really good progress
Richardhhha

31st Jul 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks taking ages to get anywhere but i'll get there eventualy
Adam-D

31st Jul 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got further than i would have buddy fair play its not a easy job what you have done
Richardhhha

31st Jul 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the NS of the rear panel is still slightly off line so going to give it a good swift kick tomorrow and see if it lines up.. tryed tweeking the tail gait.. might do some more tweeking tomorrow.. my old workshop manager at ford used to work in a body shop and he taught me a few things about tweeking lol..

tbh i sometimes feel like why do i bother why dont i get a new car but i like this lil gls and thouht it be good to get her back up and running again
karisma_corsa

31st Jul 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the new ideas for the future?
Richardhhha

31st Jul 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want to get the car running then find a xe and rebuild it to my personal spec and visual level

want to lower it ether 40 or 50mm refurb the wheels, spray interior sattin black (actualy finnish doing it this time) and get a few more carbony bits of dismos thn i think i'll be happy with it
nick_sri

1st Aug 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good job on the repairs there mate!
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks fella
Richardhhha

2nd Aug 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well did a little more today got the tail gait fitting 100% so no more gaps only problem is the after market rear panel is a bit out when it comes to fitting interior trim, the latch scrapes on the trim so going to mod the trim slightly.. i.e cut a wee bit out

well heres some pics for you all

tail gait properly fitted and wired up

another pic of the hole that NEEDS BLOODY WELDING

and heres a pic of how it looks now its loking a hell of a lot better compaired to the state it was when it got hit

got a fw more things to do tomorrow.. run the wiring back to the lights and the rear of the car, then going to fit the trims back in and modifie some of the trims so they fit propperly now. also going to pull out the hand break cables and re fit the new ones
Richardhhha

2nd Aug 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update time

Woohoo what a complete fuck up this is.....
now i need a new hand break as the connector on the end of the handbreak has decided to snap off and the dam clips that hold the cables onto the drums... bloody things literaly fell apart like perferated paper when i took them out.... oh well its a 14 year old car so its to be expected

other than that got a good quote from leemass to have the welding done so will be getting the car completely back together then drive it down to him

some of the interior is in which is good, got all the C pillar trims in place and the side pods in aswell, just need to clean everything out and put the seats in and need to get the plastic arch trims so shouldnt be to long before they are here and thats all done

[Edited on 02-08-2009 by Richardhhha]
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really well done on the repairs mate, looks like you've done a fantastic job on it

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Richardhhha

2nd Aug 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not done as happy as i would have liked but hay ho. not to bad going i spose.
Richardhhha

3rd Aug 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've had a lot of fun today.. got some crazy insurance quotes of 1.1k and so on to insure the blasted thing.. called shurchil and £397 fc car cant be modified at all tho which is a shitter but never mind.. gona have to keep it standard as untill i get a job and am another year older

also got off the phone to vauxhall today about getting another hand break.. £69 for a hand break and i really need one as its buggered... might check flebay in a sec but could really do with a new one not second hand.. anyone got any advise where i can get one?
Richardhhha

5th Aug 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a update today

needed to crack on with the car as the misses is saying its only 4 weeks till the babys due...

so i sorted out the hand break, rebuilt the shoes, re-fitted 90% of the interior (need to go down scrappys to get some bolts for the rear seats)

also whipped the exhaust off to the manifold.. which i need to get a new down pipe as the threads for the cat bolts are utterly fuked..

so itsnt going to be long before its done now
Richardhhha

13th Aug 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay all well cars almost finnished now, just need to book the car into lemass to get the welding one and its finnished,

interior is back in (baring my CF stuff from Dismos)
Exhaust is back on it propperly (ended up drilling out the downpipes for the new bolts)

all that needs doing now is

Road tax
Insurance
Welding floor
Blanking plate for interior rear lamp (i did get a new one but its fooked)
Dismos CF heater controlls/knobs/instrument cluster backing/MFD facieur.
Sound deadening
new set of plaits as the old ones are buggered.

so almost all done just in time really as misses is complaining that the baby is moving a lot more and its working its way down and out lol
Richardhhha

14th Aug 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well cracked on a little bit today, firstly my dad came round bearing gifts of CF interior bits and sterio

so plonked them in... unfortunatly the heater panel was damaged in my hast to remove it from the car hen it was hit.. oh well silly me.. also one of the heater vents is buggered so need to get a new one..

also radio is now in.. cd works but radio dont well i cant get it to have a signal as its being a bit og a git really, might whip it out tomorrow and play with the areal

i will get some pics up of the car as it stands, but my decent phone is in for repair atm and when its back i'll put some pics up

all thats needed now:
road tax
floor welding
sound deadening
under seal
boot carpet back in
Interior lamp blanking plate
sort out rear arche's (little bit of rust needs fixing)
2 rear arch trims
arch trims, rear bumper, front bumper need spraying propperly

THEN DONE not bad going
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well finaly took some pick's just going to upload them and see what you all think
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as i said heres my car as it stands now

some of my unfortunatly damaged interior trim

Then i looked under the bonnet as i saw a little smoke coming from under there.. wasnt to happy when i found a little oil leak so needs a new cam cover and a good clean.

also just got the road tax today so waiting on the disk to turn up so i can then book it in at Lemass and have the boot welded and then its drivable again

what you lot think? i know the rear bumper is a little higher on one side but come on the bugger was written off and i've fixed it with a hamer and a lot of patience
Richardhhha

24th Aug 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well took the car down to lemass today to have the boot welded up..

all i can say is tom you did a fantastic job, and anyone who needs any repairs done take your car there and get it done!!

all i got to do now is sound deaden and sort out a little rust.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad your pleased Rich, happy to help out

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Richardhhha

29th Aug 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well cars all back on the road now boot full of pram and hospital bag and the boot is sound deadened again.. spare wheel well is under coated now and everyyhing is coshawell kinda the rear wheel bearings have got water in them again and thus have screwed the hardening on the bearings so new bearings time (for the 6th time) and im waiting for tom to get back to me about sorting the paint work out... bonnet, doors, boot lid, front &rear bumpers, all arches need a little spray and a good pollish. (going to call rich up about that when the bodys done)
Richardhhha

5th Sep 09 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i got my wheel bearings through the post from autovaux but its all being put on hold at the moment as my dads not well at all and my partner is due to have our little one.. after everyone is ok then i can sort things out

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GLS (time to make it look nice) 24 database queries in 0.1074040 seconds