corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tinting tail lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tinting tail lights
dig dave2811

User status: Offline
17th Feb 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just woundering if u put to much tint spray on your tail lights, is there a way of removing it
jono22

17th Feb 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dig dave2811
just woundering if u put to much tint spray on your tail lights, is there a way of removing it

Believe the places that sell the tinting stuff in the first place also sell tint remover, foilatek ?? probably because they are so sure you wil be in to buy it a week after putting the tint on

Dont know what is in the tin that removes it but believe there will be a cheaper alternative, nail varnish remover ?? so I once heard - honest !!! probably cost you as much for a dozen bottles though as buying the proper remover !! what went wrong ?? toooo much tint ?? a common mistake !!! higher wattage bulbs may help ??

cheers,
john...
Redcorsa69

18th Feb 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its horrible stuff to work with! The Foliatec stuff is best, but I tinted the lights on my last 2 cars, red and black. It failed the MOT on the red so I had to remove it. I used thinners and it took about an hour to do them both. You have to be really careful with that struff though because if it gets onto your paintwork it will ruin it. Personally I would just buy clusters. By the time you have spent £10 on tint, £10 on remover your only £40 off buying clears!!
dig dave2811

18th Feb 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HAVNT TINTED THEM YET I HAVE A 5 DOOR I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE CLEAR ONES SO AM THINKING OF TINTING THEM BLACK, AS I HAVE A RED CAR
Daimo B

18th Feb 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had mine tinted, well, in fact they are an exact colour match to the car.

Started off as 90% laquar 10% paint, but ended up being more like 80-90% paint 10-20% laquar.
GLSi GUY

18th Feb 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are tinted: see pics. http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=rearend.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

looks better than the standard clusters IMO. i have some speare standard clusters for MOT time.

Rob

New Poll