corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » color coding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author color coding
Shamus

User status: Offline
8th Sep 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, ive made some enquiries into color coding my car and i have been told that the plastic used is non porous and so will just flake off really easily and the grain in the plastic is to difficult to get off and that i would need to get some smooth versions of the plastic i want color coding, is this true or is this bullshit?

on another note, i have the lowest grade of tinted windows and would like my rear brake lights to match it , is it best to get the smoked ones or would a tail light tinting spray suffice?

cheers 4any help, bye!

shamus
--DAN--

8th Sep 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its bullshit mate, any good bodyshop should be up to it.
Mav 3000

8th Sep 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the place didn't want to do the work so fobbed you off.

Depends on the quality of the job and if they use the right paint and primer etc if it sticks and lasts etc.

You could sand it yourself, but most bodyshops would do it for a price. Phone around, and ask to see previous work too.
Dicky_Morris

8th Sep 03 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gfs dad works in a body shop and he said u can buy stuff to put in the paint to make it stick to non porous bumpas! and as for the smoothing u can buy different grades of filler! and theres 1 that fills the lil air holes u get in normal filler! that shud do the trick! 2 mins n ill get u the name of it....think it is made by IPON OR IPSON...something like that. There are three versions....

1. Standard body filler....good for filling out small dents and knocks.
2. Glass fibre body filler...good for filling in larger dents and knocks.
3. Stopper body filler...this is a very fine filler for scratches and applying over the two above fillers to get a smooth surface.

My advice is to use the STOPPER type body filler over any other as it fills in the little pin holes that can occur when you sand down fibre-glass or standard filler.

hope that helps

New Poll